“Alright then... let us begin the experiment” NiCO General/Gameplay discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macca Beam

Some more gameplay here
The combo in round 3 looks pretty dank although you need two cars for it

Also now that someone mentioned Kula I absolutely need a long hair option here

NightAntilli

I'm definitely picking her up. Maybe not at first, but once I get the new mechanics down with my other mains (Leifang & Kokoro), she will be my next choice.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
Ioved her since day 1, I am so relieved my team will exist out villains in DOA6

NightAntilli

I'm generally against using villains in video games. It's just this misplaced moral sense I have lol. I guess that rule is going to be broken this time.

I was thinking... NiCO... Why the capital C and O? Then I thought, maybe, it's related to chemicals... So... Nickel, Carbon and Oxygen.. Closest would be Nickel Carbonate, which has the formula NiCO3. And then I was stuck.

Pure speculation on my part. Might simply be a coincidence too. Or maybe she really is made of Nickel and CO. Would maybe explain the lightning.
Holy shit. I was right;

"NiCO's name is likely an allusion to NiCO3, or Nickel Carbonate, which is used in electronics and electrochemical processes such as electroplating. Her teal hair color is also the same color as certain NiCO3 reactions such as precipitation in a solution. "

https://deadoralive.fandom.com/wiki/NiCO

Onryoki

Standard Donor
I'm generally against using villains in video games. It's just this misplaced moral sense I have lol. I guess that rule is going to be broken this time.

Holy shit. I was right;

"NiCO's name is likely an allusion to NiCO3, or Nickel Carbonate, which is used in electronics and electrochemical processes such as electroplating. Her teal hair color is also the same color as certain NiCO3 reactions such as precipitation in a solution. "

https://deadoralive.fandom.com/wiki/NiCO
You’re really late. @NewWestFan already figured it out months ago.

Macca Beam

I just love that she's this little jerk who can pull out dank science fiction moves on you.
this is one area i felt could've been done better
a lot of the moves look too "efficient" and lack the ridiculousness of characters of this type. this might be the result of rolling two opposing ideas (a scientist who is typically optimal and precise, and a chuuni who is typically full of unnecessary poses and expressions) into one character
i'm still holding out hope for the throws/holds/appeals

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Was on Twitter and I found some Nico information via this tweet:

This is a Japanese player so he was sharing some move tech about her, I translated it in Google translate and here's what it said or at least close to what it said:

Screenshot_2019-01-26-16-06-32.png

Basically from what I can understand:

-:8::K:, :9::K: and :3::P+K: are her launchers, although the maximum reservoir one for 3P+K I'm confused about, I guess that means it'll only launch in stun at a certain threshold or if only a part of it hits. It's probably that one attack she did against Zack in that gif video I posted a month or two ago

-Idk what upper "Lolita" means but assuming he means lift stun:8::P: and :3::P: are lift stuns.

- Her fatal sit down stun is apparently :7::K:.

- That bound technique we've seen in that Zack danger zone gif that bounded is her :8::P::P:.

-Her :236::P: has close hit properties. Idk what they mean by "pooled" in the translation but that could mean it can be charged or something.

-Dengeki means electric shock in Japanese so many of her reservoir techniques(I'm guessing that could mean GB or 2 in 1...) and her various inputs that involve :P+K: have the electric shock property.

- for attacks that involve :H+K:, he's saying that she has a :1::H+K:, :2::H+K:, :3::H+K:, :4::H+K: and :6::H+K:, and of course :H+K: which is six total. She's not lacking in heavy kicks xD

- I'm guessing by floating in this case, he's saying that her :K::P: is her go to refloat attack. She probably has more but we'll have to see.

-Finally he mentions attacks that are "tightening" according to google translate. Assuming he means combo enders or something similar, :P::P::P::K: and :6::P::P::P::P: are her combo enders after a launch which makes sense since iirc in those Nico videos, I've seen what I think are these commands used after launchers, I think in that Kokoro video.

That's all I could find on her but I'll be on the lookout for any more stuff, this is honestly exciting xD

Last edited:

Dr PaC

Was on Twitter and I found some Nico information via this tweet:

This is a Japanese player so he was sharing some move tech about her, I translated it in Google translate and here's what it said or at least close to what it said:

View attachment 27480
Basically from what I can understand:

-:8::K:, :9::K: and :3::P+K: are her launchers, although the maximum reservoir one for 3P+K I'm confused about, I guess that means it'll only launch in stun at a certain threshold or if only a part of it hits. It's probably that one attack she did against Zack in that gif video I posted a month or two ago

-Idk what upper "Lolita" means but assuming he means lift stun:8::P: and :3::P: are lift stuns.

- Her fatal sit down stun is apparently :7::K:.

- That bound technique we've seen in that Zack danger zone gif that bounded is her :8::P::P:.

-Her :236::P: has close hit properties. Idk what they mean by "pooled" in the translation but that could mean it can be charged or something.

-Dengeki means electric shock in Japanese so many of her reservoir techniques(I'm guessing that could mean GB or 2 in 1...) and her various inputs that involve :P+K: have the electric shock property.

- for attacks that involve :H+K:, he's saying that she has a :1::H+K:, :2::H+K:, :3::H+K: and :6::H+K:, and of course :H+K: which is six total. She's not lacking in heavy kicks xD

- I'm guessing by floating in this case, he's saying that her :K::P: is her go to refloat attack. She probably has more but we'll have to see.

-Finally he mentions attacks that are "tightening" according to google translate. Assuming he means combo enders or something similar, :P::P::P::K: and :6::P::P::P::P: are her combo enders after a launch which makes sense since iirc in those Nico videos, I've seen what I think are these commands used after launchers, I think in that Kokoro video.

That's all I could find on her but I'll be on the lookout for any more stuff, this is honestly exciting xD
Thanks for the data

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
More extensive than I thought. I really thought she only had short strings based on what I saw on the gameplay, but there's quite a bit there.
Overall tho her move count doesn't seem large so she looks pretty easy to pick up, she also doesn't seem to be lacking in regards to lows and such so she seems like she'll pretty versatile. Only thing now is to see her frame data but that won't be out till the game releases xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD