DOA5LR 1.01 Changelog

synce

It's pretty big but there's a few nice buffs in there with nothing really game killing IMO. Translation by me, JP source at bottom

+
new 2T (probably i5; old 2T now 1T, i10, 72dm instead of 2T, i7, 65dm)
BT PK tracks
4K tracks
66K tracks
K +2 on block
Hiten PK floats higher
Hiten P+K easier to connect during wall combo

-
4P+KP can be held normally if you touch her hand (far away still parry)
6T opponent can duck immediately after

+/-
new 3KK (old one removed)
PPP doesn't wall splat
9K down hit added; doesn't track
Hiten 2K bounds on CH

etc
fixed slow crouch/stand transition
fixed issue with jump status disappearing from hiten moves
hiten p guard motion adjusted
214P input adjusted
7H+K changed from mid p to mid k

Source:
http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/doa5/ultimate/arcade/information/info_20150205.html

Codemaster92163

I'm happy and sad. Sad because 9K no longer tracks, and that was a HUGE part of my 66T wall game. But eh, 4K and its variants track now, and I still have other tracking GBs, so I'll manage.

66K Tracks? HELL YES!

Hiten 2K bounding is good and bad. Bad against players that don't regularly SE, good for all other players.

Hiten PK now functioning as a proper launch should help her mixup a bit.

Last edited:

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
new 2T (probably i5

Regarding this, I already confirmed in another thread that her new 2T is, in fact, i5. Mr. Wah did it several times with the frame data on screen when he was on stream on Shacknews and I made sure to check the startup frames and damage. It does 65 damage like her old 2T previously did, but it does not go over cliffs. I'm assuming that it also does not interact with ceilings.

As for her 66K now tracking, I think it's weird how they went back and forth on this. It tracked in her original 5U arcade release, then was changed to non-tracking for her console release. Now it tracks again in LR. Weird, but I'm not complaining.

4K now tracking is also a nice compliment to make up for its loss of safety from DOA4.

Codemaster92163

Regarding this, I already confirmed in another thread that her new 2T is, in fact, i5. Mr. Wah did it several times with the frame data on screen when he was on stream on Shacknews and I made sure to check the startup frames and damage. It does 65 damage like her old 2T previously did, but it does not go over cliffs. I'm assuming that it also does not interact with ceilings.

As for her 66K now tracking, I think it's weird how they went back and forth on this. It tracked in her original 5U arcade release, then was changed to non-tracking for her console release. Now it tracks again in LR. Weird, but I'm not complaining.

4K now tracking is also a nice compliment to make up for its loss of safety from DOA4.

I was really hoping for some improved safety, but there's no change I can really complain about. The one nerf isn't too terrible since it only messed with a small setup I used, and even then I have other alternatives.

I think 66K is going to be spammed far more than it already is, lol. A safe tracking mid with some decent range is always a nice tool to have, especially against opponents like Christie and her JAK evasion.

synce

66K buff was definitely a surprise to me, as you said it's already one of her top moves. Although in LR there will also be a lot more geta to the face. Gonna enjoy these buffs before they're taken away in 1.02 :p

Codemaster92163

Hiten PK floats higher

Also, when I read the translation, it added "during the ground hit" so I'm assuming that it's not the refloat that was buffed, but the launch height (since it was absolutely pitiful).

At least, that's my guess.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
New move: 3KK (previous 3KK removed).

New move: 2T added.

1T: Previously 2T, changed from 7 to10F, damage changed from 65 to 72.

Crouching into standing animation: Fixed a problem where it was 2F too slow.

PPP: Removed wall bounce effect.

(Back-turned) PK: Added tracking.

214P: Adjusted the input feel.

K: Guard advantage changed from -3F to GB (+2).

4K: Added tracking.

9K: Removed tracking, can now hit downed opponents.

66K: Added tracking.

6P+K ~ Karasu-Tobi: Fixed incorrect frame advantage display in the Move Details.

4P+KP: Can now be held. *Will cause an evade if the wind is "held".

7H+K: Fixed to be reversed by a Mid K hold rather than mid P hold.

Hiten no Mai attacks: Fixed an issue where the jump frames (low attacks won't worked) would disappear momentarily.

Hiten no Mai P: Adjusted the motion when guarded.

Hiten no Mai PK: Refloat properties strengthened against an aerial opponent.

Hiten no Mai 2K: Causes a sit-down stun on counter hit and above.

Hiten no Mai P+K: Fixed a problem where it was difficult to use when doing a combo near the wall.

6T: You can now choose whether you are standing or crouching after recovery frames are finished. (Input 2 to switch to crouching.)

What exactly is choosing to be standing or crouching after 6T supposed to accomplish?

Also, when I read the translation, it added "during the ground hit" so I'm assuming that it's not the refloat that was buffed, but the launch height (since it was absolutely pitiful).

At least, that's my guess.

According to werewolfgold's translation, it's just the refloat. Not the launch itself.

synce

About the 6T nerf, it may screw up a setup I used (into 66T) although honestly I have no idea if it's currently impossible to fuzzy or people online are just dumb.

And yeah hiten pk float buff applies to airborne opponents only.

Codemaster92163

And yeah hiten pk float buff applies to airborne opponents only.

I still have to doubt that. The wording makes it seem like it's referencing a launch, not a refloat. That, and the refloat is already amazing while the launch I'd absolute rubbish. Buffing the latter makes more sense than buffing the former.

Either way, it'll make for some new juggles/combos, whichever aspect is being buffed.

Yurlungur

it makes me very happy that after 6t i can do 66k and it tracks, that makes my life so much easier when i play as nyo

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD