2 PS4 systems - shared account - dlc issue

TimK

Hi everyone. Long-time reader, first time posting.

We play PvP online using 2 ps4's in the same house, under the same account. Everything works as it should with the exception of dlc on the secondary unit.
Main account can select from all dlc. Secondary can see and select dlc, but always appears as default during match. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Chapstick

I mean do you use both at the exact same time when this problem occurs? Is one turned on and one turned off

Chapstick

As far as I know there's no way to use the same digitally purchased content on the same account at the same time. As in having both consoles turned on and signed into the same account at the same time which I didn't even think was possible.

Also this is a dumb question but are you fighting each other or other people?

TimK

I may have phrased that poorly. The set-up is difficult to describe. 'System A' can add a sub-account that is able to use all games, psn acct, etc that are installed on machine. Main account logs into 'System B' and has all of their materials available. A room is created and second player invited to join. We fight each other. All dlc is visible and selectable by both players, however the sub account reverts to default costume regardless of what was chosen.

Chapstick

I may have phrased that poorly. The set-up is difficult to describe. 'System A' can add a sub-account that is able to use all games, psn acct, etc that are installed on machine. Main account logs into 'System B' and has all of their materials available. A room is created and second player invited to join. We fight each other. All dlc is visible and selectable by both players, however the sub account reverts to default costume regardless of what was chosen.
I'm not sure why that doesn't work since that's the regular PS4 gamesharing setup but it's something I hear sony frowns upon and it could get both accounts locked.

Why do you fight each other in a lobby vs physically in the same room as each other? Tag lobbies?

TimK

As far as I can tell, the only way to fight each other is through a lobby.
I guess we'll just have to deal with the dlc issues.

Chapstick

As far as I can tell, the only way to fight each other is through a lobby.
I guess we'll just have to deal with the dlc issues.
All you have to do is plug in a second controller to whichever PS4 you want and turn it on so it'll register with that system. Then the account log in screen will pop up (this is annoying because it does it every time) and P2 has to pick a secondary account or a guest one.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD