20 year old DOA++ first impressions

ryu_highabusa

"DOA++ Location Test Impressions" - "DOA++ロケテストをプレイして"
http://www2s.biglobe.ne.jp/~ikkaku/doa/doa++_1.htm

Original Japanese said:
 というわけで、uniです。予告通りロケテに行ってきました。いやあ、やっぱりDOAは対戦に限りますね。久々に熱く燃える一日でした。でも、5時間やっていたおかげさまで胃と頭が痛くてきついですが(やっぱり、このゲーム、精神削るよな)。
  で、レビューしますと、今回uniが強襲をかけたのが秋葉原のセガ・ハイテクランド。他の場所は、名前からどこにあるのがすぐに判らなかったので、秋葉原を回るついでに行ってきました(本当は逆だけど)。
  懸念されていたゲームの速度はuniはそれほど早いとは感じませんでした。まあ、プレステ版と同じくらいか、一部かくかくした動きがもったりと感じさせました。やってみてまず思ったことはやはりDOAですね。いろいろと追加要素もありますが、基本の3すくみがきちんと押さえられているので、斬新でいながら、昔のまんまという感じです。
  システムの方は、新カウンターシステムがむちゃくちゃデッドリーでいい感じです。打撃、投げ、OHもカウンターを3回読み負けしたら死ねます。最初、それが感覚的に判らず、ぼこぼこあてているのに相手のライフゲージは減らず、自分のばかり減っているのが納得できなかったぐらいです。しばらくして、投げが失敗して打撃カウンターがとられまくっているということに気がつきましたが。また、そのせいか、皆さんあまり投げを多用しないのが印象的でした。
  打撃は今までと同じ感覚で使っていけますが、浮いた後の感じが違います。前作ほどつながらないという感じですね。uniの見たところ同じ技では連続にならないみたいでした。ティナのアルティメット→アルティメットはカウンター浮きでもつながりませんでしたし。
  投げは前にも増して賭けの要素が大きいです。失敗すると簡単に死ねますが、コマンド投げなら2発で落とせるのは大きいです。通常投げでもカウンターなら3発ですし(実はぎりぎり死なない)。投げ失敗モーションはカウンターさえ気を付けていればあまり気にはなりませんでしたね(他の技に化けるよりはまし)。成否の効果が激しい分入力が簡単になってましたのがいいですけど。  ホールドはピンポイントDHがいい感じですが、今回慣れていないのもあり2回しか発動できなかったのが悔しいです。しかも、足4の字につなげなかったし……。
  今回uniはゲームを見るために一通りのキャラを使うということはせず、ティナをメインにバース、アヤネと使ってきました(今、プレステ版で使ってるキャラです)。やっぱり、使いやすかったのはティナですね。9割はティナでやってました。ただ、浮いた後のコンボが判らず、勝ってる試合をむざむざ落としてしまったのが悔やまれます。それでもまあ、JOサイクロンは入力が簡単になってましたし(なんと、ダッシュ通常投げが暴発してJOサイクロンに化ける!)、今回もそこそこにJOボム出せたので気分がいいです(全体通して、10回くらい。最盛期にはほど遠いけど、新システムでまあまあいい感じ)。新技のダブルブレイクもばりばり決めていい感じでした。
  バースは根本的に強かったです。後隙は多いのですが、基本的に大ぶりな攻撃は相手と距離があくので充分対処できますし、投げは無体に強いですし、TFBBは相変わらず飛びますし(笑)。  アヤネは何をやっているのかわけわかめです。というか、はっきりとインストの技だけでは何もできないし、PS版とは技の反応は違うは、新技は追加されているわで、結局いいとこなしです。でも、背後からのOHがあったりとハヤブサの逆立ちに続くでたらめ系の動きは面白いです。
  後半戦、慣れた人がぞろぞろとやって来たのであまり勝ちは拾えていませんが、まあそれでも、一応10人抜きもやってきましたし(本当は20人抜きたかったのですが、さすがに腕が落ちてまし)、デンジャーのタイムアタック一位と、ノーマルの3位に名前を残してきたので有意義な一日としましょう。
Google Translate said:
That's why it is uni.I went to Roquete as I was notified.Well, after all DOA is limited to battle.It was a hot burning day for a long time.However, I am tough because my stomach and head hurt because I was doing it for 5 hours (after all, this game, I will sharpen mind).
  So, when reviewing, this time the uni attacked the Sega High Techland in Akihabara.I did not know where else from the name soon, so I went on turning around Akihabara (although it is actually the opposite).
  The speed of the game I was concerned did not feel uni so early.Well, as much as the prestige version, some motivated movements have made me feel as having.The first thing I tried was still DOA.There are various additional elements, but since the basic 3 squirrels are properly restrained, it is fresh feeling like being old, while being innovative.
  For the system, the new counter system is quite messy with deadly.Hit, throw, OH will die if you lose the counter three times.At first, it was not sensuously understood, and although I was hitting it, the opponent's life gauge did not decrease, I was not convinced that myself was decreasing.After a while, I noticed that throwing was failed and a hit counter was torn up.Also, because of that, it was impressive that you did not use much throws.
  You can use batting in the same sense as before, but the feeling after floating is different.It is a feeling that it is not connected as much as the previous work.As uni saw it seemed that it would not be continuous with the same skill.Tina 's Ultimate → Ultimate did not connect even if the counter floating.
  The amount of betting is greater than before as well as throwing.If you fail, you can easily die, but if you throw a command you can drop it in two shots.Even if throwing normally, it is three if it is a counter (actually it will not die at all).Throwing Failure Motion was not bothered much if you were careful with even counters (better than converting to other techniques).It is good that input became easy as much as the effect of success or failure was intense.Hold is a good touch point DH, but it is regrettable that I could not activate it only twice, sometimes I am not used this time.Moreover, I could not connect to the character of foot 4 ... ....
  Uni did not use a single character to see the game this time, but I used Tina as the main berth, Ayane (I'm using it in the prestaged version now).After all it was Tina that was easy to use.90% was doing at Tina.However, I do not know the combo after floating, I regret having dropped the winning match.Nevertheless, the input was easy for the JO Cyclone (how, the dash normal throwing was revealed and it became a JO cyclone!), I felt good as I put JO Bom there so far (through the whole thing, About ten times, it is far from the peak, but the new system feels good).It was a good feeling that I decided the double breaking of a new technique as well.
  Bath was fundamentally strong.Although there is a lot of back gaps, basically the big attack is enough to deal with the opponent because it fits away, throwing is intensely strong, TFBB will still fly as usual (laugh).It is unclear what Ayane is doing.Or, clearly it can not do anything with the technique of the instinct, and the response of the technique is different from the PS version, the new technique is added, it is after all it is good.However, the movements of the bullshit system following the backstanding of falcons or fancy having an OH from the back are interesting.
  In the second half of the game, a familiar person came all along, so I could not pick up too much but still I did not even get 10 people for once, (actually I wanted to pull out 20 people, but my arms fell as expected Let's say that it is a meaningful day as I left the name on Danger's Time Attack 1st and Normal 3rd place.

"AM show DOA report" - "AMショーDOAリポート" 1998.09.22
http://www2s.biglobe.ne.jp/~ikkaku/doa/doa++_2.htm

Original Japanese said:
以下AMショーでDOA++のプレイ、そのほかでuniが感じたことを羅列していきます。
~~~
クリティカルDH
  簡単にでませんて、あんなもん。感覚的には先読みが必要ですね。結局喰らってから必死に入力したところで、遅いということでしょう。常日ごろから、ピンポイントDHを狙っているならばともかく、そうでないのならばでないでしょう。とどのつまり、ピンポイントDHを極めなければならないんですね。
~~~
かすみ
  相変わらず多いですね、かすみは。結局のところは使いこなせていないか、待ちカスミ、逃げカスミばかりでしたが。uniもやってしまうが何もないところで、月輪脚を出すのは大ばくちだということを皆さん忘れているようです。まあ、ロケテ版同様uniは背後投げ(新技ダブルブレイク)の練習をさせていただきました。今度は、背後OHに挑戦ですか? あと、本当に打撃しか出さない人たちも困り者です。こちらもDH出すしかないじゃないですか(格好よくないんだよね、この勝ち方)。
~~~
DH
  ロケテ版と比べると圧倒的に使用者が多かったです。多分、クリティカルヒット等で打撃が強くなった反動ですね。確かにDHを決める価値はかなり上がりましたし(ピンポイントDHならば、それだけで試合をひっくり返せる)、打撃で押してくるタイプにはDHで止めないとその後不利な読みあいを続けることになりますし(打撃で割り込めるキャラはガード→打撃の方が強いけど)。まあ、いい意味でも、悪い意味でも3すくみが働いているということでしょう。どうでもいいことですが、打撃をとられたらDHというパターンを繰り返す人が多かったですね。おかげでロケテ版に比べると投げの依存率が高かったです。かなり、気づいている人も多かったですし。
~~~
ザック
  ひどんですよ、彼ったら。何がひどいって、最初の一撃がカウンターで決まると、残り全てクリティカルヒットする打撃があるんです。あんなの、反則だと思いません? どちらにしろ、システムに組み込まれた以上泣き言はなしとして、いかにクリティカルDHできるかが勝利のカギみたいですね。打撃自体は上下の揺さぶりにはなってないみたいですし(逆にいえば、クリティカルDHを覚えられるまでは無敵?)。
~~~
クリティカルヒット
  クリティカルDHが増えたというところで、代わり映えなく強力に使えます。後はいかに相手に読まられずに、中段P系をあてるかどうかにかかわってますね。しかし、これが意外に読みやすいです。結局、クリティカルの中段Pか、浮かしの中段K、もしくは最後の一発のための下段P(キャラによっては下段K)となるわけですから。ここらへんに山をはるのは、魅せるプレイの第一歩というところですね。
~~~
あやね
  かすみに続いて使用者が多かったです。やはりこれは立て看板やポスターの影響でしょうか? プレステ版では隠しキャラというわけで正確には今回からの新キャラ扱いですから、当然といえば当然なのですが。でまあ、ちょいとやってみようかとあやねを使う人と、むちゃくちゃ玄人な人の2タイプに分かれていました。区分けは簡単で、コンボを楽勝で決めてくるかどうかです。++になってもあやねとコンボは切り離せないようですね。どちらにしろ、風牙がどこいったのか判らないので、いまいちuniには使いにくかったあやねさんです。
~~~
DOA2
  現在、実機で動いている画面からのムービーおこしを上映していました。どうせなら、実際触れないでも実機をもってきてくれていればもっとギャラリーは集まったと思うのですが、やはり未完成なものを衆目に浴びせたくないということでしょうか。まあ、それでもムービーから推測できる性能はかなりなもので、その昔バーチャのプロデューサーが「バーチャ5」くらいでこうなるといっていた画面がそこにはありました。でも、取り敢えず、++、++。
~~~
ティナ
  uniの使用キャラ。uniが見ている限りでは、今回第3位くらいの使用率でしたね。でも、エアーの弱体化など、以前から比べると多少辛くなっているのは確かです。打撃はあたり判定こそ大きいものの、相変わらず全キャラ中最遅は変わらず、完全にティナは打撃+投げでOHもそこそこというキャラから、打撃+OHキャラになりそうですね。これはこれでバランスはよいのですが……、早く新しいエアーコンボ(もしくはクリティカルヒットコンボ)を身につけないと詰めの一手が少ないです。
Google Translate said:
Below we will list the things that uni felt in playing DOA ++ at the AM show and others.
~~~
Critical DH
It is not easy, such a thing. It is sensuously necessary to look ahead. It is late as I typed it desperately after eating it after all. Even though I usually aim at pinpoint DH from day to day, it will not be as long as it is not so. Today, we must pimp pinpoint DH.
~~~
Kasumi
As usual there are many, Kasumi is. After all it was not able to master it, waiting for Kasumi, escape Kasumi only. It seems that you forgot that everything goes uni, but there is nothing, it is a big fool to put out the moon ring legs. Well, as in Roquete version, uni practiced behind throwing (new technique double break). Next time, challenge the back OH? Also, those who only really hurt are also troubled. Is not it only here to have a DH out? (It is not cool, is this winning way).
~~~
DH
Compared to the Roquete version, there were a lot of users overwhelmingly. Perhaps, it is the reaction that the blow became strong with a critical hit etc? Certainly the value of deciding DH has risen considerably (In the case of Pinpoint DH, it can overturn the game alone), but if you do not stop with DH at the type that pushes with blows then you will continue to read disadvantageously Then (the character that can be interrupted by a blow is stronger than the guard → batting). Well, in good terms, in bad meaning, it means that 3 Suzuki is working. I do not care, but there were many people who repeat the pattern of DH if I was hit. Thanks to it, the dependency rate of throws was higher than the locate version. There were quite a few people who were aware of it.
~~~
Zack
It is bad, he said. What is terrible, when the first blow is decided by the counter, there is a blow that critically hits all the rest. Do not you think that's such a badge? Either way, whatever whine is built into the system, how can you make a critical DH seems to be the key to victory. The batting itself does not seem to be rocking up and down (in other words, is it invincible until you can remember the critical DH?).
~~~
Critical Hit
Where critical DH has increased, it can be used strongly without substitution. I do not know how to read the other side later, but I'm involved in whether or not I'm going to plot the middle P series. However, this is surprisingly easy to read. After all, it is because it is the middle stage P of the critical, the middle stage K of the float, or the lower stage P (lower stage K depending on the character) for the last one shot. It is the first step of enthralling playing to mount a mountain.
~~~
Ayane
There were many users following Kasumi. Is this still the influence of posters and posters? In the playstation version it is a hidden character so precisely it is treated as a new character from this time, so it is natural that it is natural. Well, it was divided into two types: one who uses Ayane and one who is a superstitious person. It is easy to distinguish whether or not to decide the combo by victory. ++, it seems that Ayane and combo can not be separated. Either way, I do not know where the fumes came, so it was not easy for us to use uni.
~~~
DOA2
Currently, screening of movies from screens that are running on actual machines was screened. If anything, I think that gallery gathered even if it does not actually touch, but if you brought the actual machine, I think that the gallery has gathered, is not it that you do not want to put unfinished things on the public as well? Well, still the performance which can be inferred from the movie is considerable, and there was a screen that said that Virtua's producer was about like "Virta 5" in the past. But, as a matter of fact, ++, ++.
~~~
Tina
Used character of uni. As far as uni is watching, it was about 3rd place of usage this time. However, it is certain that it is somewhat harder compared to the past, such as weakening of air. Although the batting is great judgment, it is still as usual that the slowest of all characters does not change, Tina is likely to be a blow + OH character from a character that OH is also so wild by hit + throw. This is a good balance in this, but .... There is not much stuff left unless you can learn a new air combo (or critical hit combo) as soon as possible.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD