3.0 Bayman and Leon

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
Curious as to whether or not anyone has any tech regarding Bayman and/or Leon in 3.0. Combos, juggles, set ups, wall stuff. Anything at all.

Brute

Standard Donor
If you launch someone into outer space, you might be able to see Leon's air throw.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
If you launch someone into outer space, you might be able to see Leon's air throw.

That was DOA4 and DOAD. In DOA3.0, Leon's air throw is even more accessible than in DOA5U. He gets his air throw off of pretty much any launch and can even usually land :3::P:,:F:, :P: before hitting :F+P: and still get it on all but heavy characters. :3::P:, :F+P: on heavies.

Even the launch from :4::P::K: (which is the same move that it is in DOA5U) is high enough to net you :3::P:, :F+P: on all weight classes.

Last edited:

Brute

Standard Donor
Still doesn't enough options to be able to do air throw. He need to access his air throw after 9K too lol
I could go for that in DOA5, honestly.

Of course, I do recognize that Leon's air throw is a good bit more devastating than most, and making it too accessible could be... dangerous.

Aven Kujo-Gin

I could go for that in DOA5, honestly.

Of course, I do recognize that Leon's air throw is a good bit more devastating than most, and making it too accessible could be... dangerous.
I mean in NH. But I was joking by the way. Making the throw more accessible would make him soo good and boring in my opinion, cause I like to mix between the air throw, 4K(then dervish) and 6PPP to end my combos. Anyway, this is offtopic xD

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
Here's a brief, basic example of how accessible Leon's air throw is in 3.0.

All of these setups work on all weight classes, except the last one, which doesn't work on heavies. You have to sacrifice the :P: before the air throw and instead just juggle with :3::P:, :F+P:.

Last edited:

Brute

Standard Donor
Wow. It was actually way lower than ever.

Guess I was just thinking DOA4.

Gultigargar

I've only played 3.1 and 3.2, so I don't know, but doesn't Leon have his :4::P::6::K: string in DOA3.0?

If he does, you cause more damage if you juggle with :4::P::6::K: and :6::K: instead of :3::P:, :P: and :3::P: before air throwing.

Aven Kujo-Gin

I forgot about how low the damage was for the air throw compared to other games, now It makes sense to be more accessible.
Btw, I don't have DOA 3.0 the only version I have is 3.2 but if you want I can try some combos with both Bayman and Leon and post here.

Last edited:

Aven Kujo-Gin

Here's what I've found for Leon so far, I might add more things later but for now:

:leon:
Launchers in NH
:4::P+K::P:, :4::P::6::K:,
:F+P: 104 Damage (Lightweights and Midweights)
:4::P+K::P:, :3::P:, :F+P: 90 Damage (Heavywieghts)
:4::P::K:, :6::K:, :F+P: 79 Damage (Lightweights and Midweights)
:4::P::K:, :3::P:, :F+P: 77 (Heavywieghts)
:3_::P:, :F+P: 50 (All wieghts)
:3_::K:, :3::P:,:F+P: 73 (All wieghts)

Launchers in CH
:214::P:,:4::P::6::K:, :F+P:
95 Damage (All weights)
:9::K:, :4::P::6::K:, :F+P: 92 Damage (Lightweights and Midweights)
:9::K:,:3::P:, :F+P: 79 Damage (Heavywieghts)
:8::P::P:, :3::P:, :F+P: 80 Damage (All wieghts)
:3_::K:, :4::P::6::K:, :F+P: 100 Damage (All weights)
:3_::P:, :6::K:, :F+P: 71 Damage (All weights)

Extras:
Unique launcher when the opponent is in BT
:F+K:, :F+P:
68 Damage (All weights)

Forced low grab
:8::P:, :2::F+P:, :2::F+P:, :2::2::F+P:
84 Damage or :1::F+P:, :2::F+P: 75 Damage
:K::P:,(:K:Miss) :2::F+P:, :2::F+P:, :2::2::F+P: 84 Damage

Gultigargar

I can't tell if DOA is trying to "trick" me or something, but it seems like Bayman, after using :4::F+P:, can get a guaranteed :4::6::F+P: throw follow-up against the backturned opponent.

Even when I set the CPU to respond with a strike the throw still connects. Of course, I guess it might be possible to backstep away? Can't really test it when it's just me playing alone.

Or maybe you already knew this? I learned something new today, at least.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
I haven't actually begun testing anything myself, so I don't really know anything yet, honestly. I'll try to get around to it eventually. I just wanted to know if there were any known setups for these guys in this game.

Gultigargar

I made a pseudo-guide for playing Leon a while back, which should have most of his juggles in there, plus some other nice-to-know things:

I've also been playing around with Bayman lately due to a texture mod I'm making for him in DOA Online, and I think I've got his basic juggles down:
Code:
NH Launch
33P, 6PPK
33P, PPK

CH Launch
9K, PP4PK
9K, P6PK
9K, 6PPP

3_P, P6PK
3_P, 6PPP

8PP, 4P6K, P6PK
8PP, 6KP, 6PPP
8PP, 4P6KP, 33P

4PK, 3P, P6PK
4PK, PPP, 33P
4PK, 3P, 6PPP

33P, P6PK
33P, 6PPP

236P, 3P, P6PK
236P, PPP, 33P
236P, 3P, 6PPP

214P, BT PP (guaranteed ground throw?)

4P+K, PPP, 6PPK
4P+K, 6KP, P6PK
4P+K, 3P, PP4PK
4P+K, 3P, 6PPP

Both Leon and Bayman probably also have juggles that lead into guaranteed ground throws, but I can't really test it without a second player.

I don't really have much "tech" per se, but since you were asking about what to do next to walls, I really like using KPP. It does a fair amount of damage, only wall-splats on the last hit, and the second hit causes a ground-bounce on counter-hit, which means you can get the last hit of the string without having to worry about holds.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD