Akira - Know Your Environment

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
If you really want to take Akira to the next level, it is important to know how to use a stage's hidden gems to create guaranteed damage. Here is what I look for on each map and the combos they enable. I'm going to expand on this as I get time, so keep checking back.

Scramble: Easily my most favorite map, on both levels.
Top Level:
1. The scaffolding can be your best friend. If you wall splat them into it, a box will fall and reset them into another unholdable situation.
Combo: :3::P+K:, :6::6::P:, :2::H+K:, :P:, :P: Guaranteed damage from here on out. (if you're too far away to land, :214::P:, use :4::3::P:, :2::P:, :2::P:, :3::H+K:, :P:, :4::6::6::P+K:. If you can hit :214::P:, then continue.) :214::P:, :P:, :H*+K:, :2::P:, :2_::4::6::P:. (Don't break your stride in the combo. The box hits them on the head while they are reaching the ground.) :4::3::P:, Option 1 or 2
Option 1 - Guaranteed Damage: :6::6::K:, :P:, :H*+K:, :2::P:, :2_::4::6::P:
Option 2 - Going For CB or GBoD: :3::P:, :P:, (:6::6::P+K: or GBoD if they slow escape well).

2. The generator can be used for a kill combo:
Combo: :1::6::H+P:, :6_::P:, :2::1::4_::P:, Guaranteed damage from here on out. :6::6::P+K:, :H*+K:, :H*+K:, :P:, :214::P:, :2::P:, :2_::4::6::P:. Hold :8_: as they fly over your head to circle about 10 degrees. Once they've past your head, continue with: :4::3::P:, :2::P:, :3::H+K:, :P:, :4::6::6::P+K:. This will put them underneath a falling pillar, which CANNOT be tech rolled out of. Once it hits them, use :4::3::P:, Option 1 or 2.
Option 1 - Guaranteed Damage: :6::6::K:, :P:, :H*+K:, :2::P:, :2_::4::6::P: ~245 dmg
Option 2 - Going For The Kill: :3::P:, :P:, :6::6::P+K:, :P+K:, :4::3::H+P:, :4::P: ~289 dmg
3. Slanted floors allow for different juggles. After the generator has been triggered, you can perform a much beefier parry combo if you're angled down hill.
Combo: :3::h:, :P:, :214::P:, :P:, :H*+K:, :3::H+K:, :P:, :4::6::6::P+K:.
If you're not going completely down hill, you can mix it up with :3::h:, :P:, :214::P:, :P:, :H*+K:, :4::6::6::P+K:

Bottom Level
1. You can connect the PB car to the beam car. Once you perform the PB and they bounce off the flying car, input :6::6_:. Even though you can't see your character, they begin running. Once the camera levels out, input :4::3::P:. It gets you close enough to continue the juggle, :2::P:, :3::H+K:, :P:, :4::6::6::P+K:. This knocks them into the beam car and then can be hit with the same juggle.
Bouncy Walls - Fuel & The Show:
- Fuel: The exploding fuel tanks
- The Show: The Jack in the boxes and circus balls

There are walls that bounce an opponent regardless of how far over the damage threshold they are. Against regular walls, they will stick to the wall and the combo ends. Bouncy walls allow for the full wall combo, and can be hit into the wall again after the wall combo. This is another chunk of 40 damage.

Example:​
Hot Zone:
-The Orange Barrel: Extend your combo with :4::3::P:, :2::P:, :2_::4::6::P:
-Barbed Wire Wall: Aim for a wall splat into this wall and then wall combo it into another wall splat to trigger a wall jump into mix up.
-Rampaging Tank:
1. Extend your combo with :4::3::P:, :2::P:, :3::H+K:, :P:, :4::6::6::P+K:
2. Force tech mid weights with :H*+K:, :P:, :h::h::h:, :3::H+K:, :P+K:. I note to hit :h: 3 times because in quick succession, it'll put you mentally into the correct timing.
-Exploding Door: Use :4::3::P: to force tech them up. The move will advance you far enough forward that you're in range for the GBoD.

Sweat, Dead or Alive, Wrestling Rink:
The walls will bounce your opponent back to you if you wall splat them prior to the critical threshold being reached. When they're bounced back to you, you can take several options.
1. True guaranteed damage: :214::P:, :6::K::P:, :P:, :3::H+K::P::4::6::6::P+K:
2. If not aggressively slow escaped, opponent cannot block/counter: :214::P+K:, :4::3::P:, :6::6::P+K:.
3. Not slow escapable, but can be countered: :214::P:, :3::P:, :P:, :6::6::P+K:
!Fun Fact! - In Flow's bottom jungle, if you power blow an opponent into the snake's body prior to them reaching the damage threshold, it will bounce them back, allowing you to follow up with one of these 3 options.

Home And Other Breakable Object Stages:
1. Double CB combos. When you land your first CB, be aware of your surroundings when you begin you juggle. If you're headed towards a breakable object, end your juggle with :2_::4::6::P:. This move gets the wall splat which breaks the object and puts them into an unholdable recovery. That finisher allows you to recover fast enough to input more guaranteed shots :4::3::P:, to :3::P:. At this point, they can hold, but risk the CB with :P:, :6::6::P+K: because it cannot be slow escaped. Juggle accordingly.

-Nai-

Well my fish.
1.Feed your young 101...some will be thankful...some will ask for more...some will do something with that knowledge and others will attempt to eat you...
2. i would contribute (not for this character but in general) but i don't feel like being Mother Teresa giving away two hundred+ damage combos for people that are too content (or competent enough) to venture on their own.
3. I'm preventing my self
4. dope combo's anyway...ill learn the inside and out of this character before attempting to go for these unlike well a lot of people at the moment.

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
Well my fish.
1.Feed your young 101...some will be thankful...some will ask for more...some will do something with that knowledge and others will attempt to eat you...
2. i would contribute (not for this character but in general) but i don't feel like being Mother Teresa giving away two hundred+ damage combos for people that are too content (or competent enough) to venture on their own.
3. I'm preventing my self
4. dope combo's anyway...ill learn the inside and out of this character before attempting to go for these unlike well a lot of people at the moment.

Ah, understood.

FakeSypha

Mind = blown.

Excellent thread, dude. I'm not a Akira player, and I seriously doubt I will ever use him, but all that guaranteed damage and super classy combos are a temptation, man! Even using the just frame knee into those combos. I just... feel bad for those Hitomi and Ayane players, lol.

-Nai-

but all that guaranteed damage and super classy combos are a temptation, man! Even using the just frame knee into those combos. I just... feel bad for those Hitomi and Ayane players, lol.
.If he can do it they can sure as hell can hit them right back with that sort of damage...In fact most( if not all with a little work) of the characters have crazy ass crap off of objects especially the one i have underlined and in italics. but hey develop something for Christie...we would all love to see it.

FakeSypha

-Nai- I was referring to those players in featured in the vids which were using Hitomi and Aayen, not the characters themselves. Just to clarify and avoid confusion.

If I happen to develop something useful for Christie I will share it, count it. Don't wait standing, just in case lol. Anyway, Christie had crazy damage combos off ceilings after 1H (hi counter hold needed, tho), but that was with the SE glitch patch. I made a little vid for that crap too, but it is nothing compared to this stuff Sly Bass shared.

Props to the OP again. I feel proud of someone I don't even know. Call me crazy.

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
Who wants to try some force tech combos off of environments for me while I'm at work?

This is to be tried on scramble off the generator or in hot zone off the tank.
:214::P:, :4::6::P:, :3::H+K:, :P+K:. I'm without my vita, but I want to see if I can concoct some more force tech magic.

jjinkou2

thank you for the first post, even though i don't main akira but kokoro, it gave me ideas how to chain a combo at scramble stage. So far i couldn't have found a kill combo for her. The best i have done on my vita is
:214::P: towards generator then :8_: while opponent is above you (thank you for that trick) , then :4::P+K:, :6::K::P:,:2::K::P:, then after the bounce i could do :4::6::P::P:. I'm sure there is something better. But i fail to find it.

[edit] my intention is not to pollute the akira thread. It was just a question. since you have found one for akira, may be you have found for others. This thread could be generic then.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD