DOA5U Akira Tutor Nights - Xbox

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
Disclaimer - Xbox Only

Got questions or want to learn how to use Akira? I'd be happy to help you learn the character by appointment Monday - Thursday nights. Write up your questions so we have a task list to cover and I'd be happy to help.

Gamer tag, Sly Bass. Feel free to add me.

Last edited:

Goro Hazuki

Hey I saw you sent me an add request. I haven't been online in a while and I will get to adding you soon if you still want. But I gotta tell you, international online matches have a worse connection than the regional ones (and the regional ones are crap).

I like your idea and we can all learn from each other.

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
Hey I saw you sent me an add request. I haven't been online in a while and I will get to adding you soon if you still want. But I gotta tell you, international online matches have a worse connection than the regional ones (and the regional ones are crap).

I like your idea and we can all learn from each other.

I always want to be friends with serious Akira players no matter their skill level.

Incognito

I'll join up as well the next time this happens. If you don't mind, I'll add you so we can just play the next time we're both on. I'd be happy to give you some Akira play time.

Ghosty-J

I'll join up as well the next time this happens. If you don't mind, I'll add you so we can just play the next time we're both on. I'd be happy to give you some Akira play time.
Looks like you're a PSN user. That's awesome : D
It would be great to finally fight another Akira player for once.

Incognito

Looks like you're a PSN user. That's awesome : D
It would be great to finally fight another Akira player for once.
I do have a PS3 yes, but I don't have DoA5 for it. For one reason: I need converter for my controller. I cannot use the PS3 controller at all. Not even slightly. So you can add me if you'd like, since X-mas is right around the corner, I could probably get both very soon. If you're willing to wait just a bit for me to get what I need, I'll be able to play you soon.

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
I've been traveling for the past week. Ill be back online tomorrow night after work.

Zeo

Sorry I'm not there. I'm busy with my family. Hopefully I don't miss out on any new tech discovery.

Incognito

No worries. Another time, good sir. I'm personally learning a lot. But I don't think you'd be learning much more new tech since this isn't your first DoA game.

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
I still wanna know how Neo was able to dodge the :P: follow up to :1::6::H+P:. I'm still baffled.
I did pick up a few things here and there, but I really need to somehow speed up my assault. Maybe I think I'm slow because I'm planning and executing moves in my head, but at times I feel like Neo was running 2x my speed.

Galen has a pretty good force tech game that I need to work on. All in all, I picked up a few new things last night.

Zeo

I still wanna know how Neo was able to dodge the :P: follow up to :1::6::H+P:. I'm still baffled.
I did pick up a few things here and there, but I really need to somehow speed up my assault. Maybe I think I'm slow because I'm planning and executing moves in my head, but at times I feel like Neo was running 2x my speed.

Galen has a pretty good force tech game that I need to work on. All in all, I picked up a few new things last night.
You did it too slow, I know for a fact that followup is guaranteed. Neo has always been really fast so you need to think fast against his rushdown. Still regret that I had to miss the collab, did you guys learn anything new?

Oh, and from what I've gathered there are 9 Akira players on XBL (5 being mains, mains in bold).

Neo Mp*
Sly Bass*
TechRisingX
ZeoRebirth*
Accurate
SweetRevenge007
Galen the Wise*
Goro Hazuki*
DrosselAxel

Good to see more people are giving him a try and actually getting somewhere. I hope this list continues to grow. Also I'll try to get Neo to come to the next collab.

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
Yeah, I picked up a new juggle, different strings, a neat side step trick, and experienced Neo's speed.

I like the :H*+K:, :H*+K:, :P:, :H*+K:, :3::H+K:, :P:, :4::6::6::P+K: juggle. I need to start trying the :3::H+K:, :P+K: finisher to force tech and continue pressure. I showed Galen this combo that he really liked. :4::P:, :P+K:, :6_::P:, :6_::H*+K: , :6_::P:, :3::H+K:, :P:, :4::6::6::P+K:. But now that I think about it, I wonder if it could be finished with the force tech :3::H+K:, :P+K:. I should try that tonight.

Zeo

So you did end up fighting Neo, I told him about the collab and everything. He's a bit faster and more aggressive than I am, I have a more technical and mixup heavy playstyle. As for the first combo, I've been using the first one as an alternative to my regular CB combo.

The 2nd combo I actually discovered a while back but I don't use it because it's unreliable, if it's not just failing the knee it's the timing of the :6_::P: being too slow due to the wonky delay of online and dropping the combo, it's just not reliable enough in my opinion. Does the :4::P:, :P+K: need to be on CH though? I forgot.

Lastly I was informed about the :3::H+K:, :P+K: force tech a short while back too, and I've been trying it and finding it a bit unreliable, the timing is a little weird and it varies depending on the opponent's weight too. I'd rather get the guaranteed damage then go for uncertain pressure and risk failing and having to guess wake-up kick. Then again maybe I just need to work on the timing, so I'll keep practicing on that.

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
Nope, :4::P:, :P+K: does not have to be off a CB. It just doesn't work on heavys. As long as you're holding :6_: and constantly advancing with each strike, you shouldn't miss it.

Zeo

I see, so I can just do it raw on normal hit and get that combo... that's pretty sick. I noticed you put :6_: before :H*+K:. Was that a mistake or do you actually have to move forward a bit before doing the knee? I could see that being a bit painful on the timing front, especially online.

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
That was on purpose. Without that, the finisher can miss the :P: in the string. After you input :4::P:, just hold :6_: as you input everything else. It shouldn't mess with any of your inputs because you're holding it down the whole time.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD