DOA5U Akira's Frame Data & Combos

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
Still seems like no one wants to try Akira :( Oh well. Anyway, not to sound like a self promoting jerk, but you should probably update the Akira wiki to include my video. If you do, (please don't take offense) I don't think it would make sense to have my video up with yours seeing as I re-recorded everything you did in your video and included it into mine. It would be kind of redundant.
You can update the wiki as well. Just replace mine with yours.

Darth Lotonic X

"No Timing" Combos from my guide.

For information about the format of these combos go here

These combos all work anywhere. I'm sure there is something better. I don't experiment too much with Akira, and he's definitely one of my worst characters.

Knee Combos
Alpha: (:P:) :6::6::K:, :H*+K:, :H*+K:, :3::H+K::P::4::6::6::P+K:(111)
Heavy: (:P:) :6::6::K:, :H*+K:, :3::H+K::P::4::6::6::P+K: (99)

Non-Knee:
Alpha-Middle: (:P:) :6::6::K:, :6::K::P:, :3::H+K::P::4::6::6::P+K: (106)
Heavy: (P) :6::6::K:, :6::K::P:, :2::P:, :2_::4::6::P: (98)

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
"No Timing" Combos from my guide.

For information about the format of these combos go here

These combos all work anywhere. I'm sure there is something better. I don't experiment too much with Akira, and he's definitely one of my worst characters.

Knee Combos
Alpha: (:P:) :6::6::K:, :H*+K:, :H*+K:, :3::H+K::P::4::6::6::P+K:(111)
Heavy: (:P:) :6::6::K:, :H*+K:, :3::H+K::P::4::6::6::P+K: (99)

Non-Knee:
Alpha-Middle: (:P:) :6::6::K:, :6::K::P:, :3::H+K::P::4::6::6::P+K: (106)
Heavy: (P) :6::6::K:, :6::K::P:, :2::P:, :2_::4::6::P: (98)
To be honest, I haven't messed around with many PL combos. But you know what, I'm going to go try something right now.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Updated the combo video.

This was nicely done Sly. Great stuff man. Seen some stuff that I had to absorb in.

I've been making use of his :3::3::P: now since Akira doesn't look like he hits the crouching phase so it feels like I burn up a extra second for a launch after a sitdown or a regular launch.

1) 2:30 - I didn't think that low kick had a grab command to it after you jumped from the sandbag.

2) 3:17 - Never thought of this. I like it.

3) 4:29 - I didn't think this was possible lol. That's pretty cool.

4) 5:21 - Interesting, I always went for the knees on that part into DLC. I take it this is more damaging. Haven't checked the damage output yet but you gave me in-depths hope to go for a sitdown and :3::3::P: for that quick launch.

5) 6:17 - you went for the :3::3::P: after the :2::1::4::P: off wall bounce. They can't even SE escape that, this was cool.

6) 6:31 - I see what you did there. Much awesome, so animate. Doge with it.

Heikou

Standard Donor
I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere on FSD yet, but I may have just missed something. I've seen Japanese players use this juggle after CB on lightweights.

:H*+K:,:H*+K:,:P:,:P:,:6::K::P:,:2_::4::6::P:

On middle weights, the most damaging CB juggle I've found is
:H*+K:,:H*+K:,:P:,:6::K::P:,:4::6::6::P+K:

This combo also works on lightweights from level 2 stun.

Last edited:

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere on FSD yet, but I may have just missed something. I've seen Japanese players use this juggle after CB on lightweights.

On middle weights, it looks like the most damaging CB juggle I've found is

I'll try this out. I know that I have fallen into a rut when it comes to juggle damage.

Sly Bass

Premium Donor

On middle weights, it looks like the most damaging CB juggle I've found is

4 more dmg on lightweights. 2 more on mid.

Heikou

Standard Donor
4 more dmg on lightweights. 2 more on mid.
Not all that much, really, but it does cut down on the number of 1F knees you need to use. I still mess those up frequently. That juggle on mid works up to Gen Fu's weight class, by the way. Should have mentioned that earlier.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
I take it because :2_::4::6::P: & :4::6::6::P+K: got the small damage increase so it helped the points up just a bit correct?

If so, I can probably adjust to doing that then.

Zeo

This is quite the find actually. Not only is it an easier combo to do for max damage but it's kind of like the evolution of the very first Akira CB combo.

:3::3::P:, :P:, :6::K::P:,:4::6::6::P+K:

EDIT: Can't get the first combo to work. I'm pretty sure that Eliot is a lightweight. What characters does the first combo work on? I can't even land it on Alpha.

Last edited:

Heikou

Standard Donor
This is quite the find actually. Not only is it an easier combo to do for max damage but it's kind of like the evolution of the very first Akira CB combo.

:3::3::P:, :P:, :6::K::P:,:4::6::6::P+K:

EDIT: Can't get the first combo to work. I'm pretty sure that Eliot is a lightweight. What characters does the first combo work on? I can't even land it on Alpha.
It does work on Eliot. Make sure you're not using :2::P: and that you're buffering his :2_::4::6::P: at the end. There's an example 51 seconds into this video.

KuRuPt

Premium Donor
Not sure if his damage has changed, but after CB, I'm finding this combo to be the most damaging:
:4::P::P+K:, :P:, :H*+K:, :P:, :3::H+K::P::4::6::6::P+K:

Works on all weights and requires only one knee.

EDIT: Meant 4P > P+K, not 4P+K > P

Last edited:

Heikou

Standard Donor
Not sure if his damage has changed, but after CB, I'm finding this combo to be the most damaging:
:4::P+K::P:, :P:, :H*+K:, :P:, :3::H+K::P::4::6::6::P+K:

Not guaranteed. The followup P+K to 4P can be held. It's just strict timing.
I was a bit confused when other people weren't using that myself at first, lol.

Last edited:

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
:4::P+K::P:, :P:, :H*+K:, :P:, :3::H+K::P::4::6::6::P+K:

Do you mean :4::P: :P+K:? If so, Heikou is right. You can counter the P+K. Although, I wonder if you can catch them countering the mid punch into another CB. That would be fun. Maybe the first time you didn't score a counter hit, so this is essentially a 2nd shot at getting CH juggles.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
I use the :4::P::P+K: setup at times. Not always after a CB though. Works on Light-Mids, doesn't work on heavy but you can still get :3::H+K::P::4::6::6::P+K: if you don't use the 2nd :P:.

So I take it the :6::K::P: on Back turned is unreliable at this point? (Whiffing :K: on purpose and letting the :P: connect.) Only found 1 setup via an invisible wall and that's not even guaranteed either. Such a shame, I actually like that fainting stun too.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD