DOA5LR Alpha 1.01 changelog

synce

Hold on to your hats! There's a couple pretty big nerfs

+
3pppp small launch on CH
9k deeper stun (34-24f), 24dm, -14 on block (old: 20dm, -13)

-
6ppp changed to short stun
kkk~ string delay reduced (yes, AGAIN)
kkk~ string stun reduced for all kicks except final

+/-
33kk wall hit reduced from 3m to 1m
9p adjusted ability to jump over opponent (most likely a nerf)

Source:
http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/doa5/ultimate/arcade/information/info_20150205.html

Intelligent Alpha

9p adjusted to prevent "trolling"? I'm surprised they didn't touch 8T. But, I bet Ayane, Kasumi and Phase 4 can still troll, right? IOW, her only CU option is NH (normal hold) and you know how I feel about that.

The string delays? I guess they're slowly erasing her poke game! Anything you take from Alpha, you take from Kasumi/Phase 4. My ability to change speeds is slowly dwindling! I thought this was to extinguish her mashy-like playstyle (I'm accused of this like nobody's business)

synce

Well TN already nerfed K delays and stuns before, it's just ridiculous at this point. I mean she has like 3 moves left that are still decent. They must've completely forgotten this character has no means to defend herself AND her damage output is the lowest in the game.

Worst part is no matter how much they nerf her it won't stop people from crying when they lose. TN needs to stop listening to noobs who can't even even dash or step. It's a terrible way to make balance adjustments

Intelligent Alpha

Well TN already nerfed K delays and stuns before, it's just ridiculous at this point. I mean she has like 3 moves left that are still decent. They must've completely forgotten this character has no means to defend herself AND her damage output is the lowest in the game.

Worst part is no matter how much they nerf her it won't stop people from crying when they lose. TN needs to stop listening to noobs who can't even even dash or step. It's a terrible way to make balance adjustments

Low damage output? BURST @ 149? Yeah, if health is set to one million hit points! However, since people want me to combo-fuck (since the other characters just have to make up for it - ya'll got "bursts," too! Fucking use them! And this coming from someone who RARELY uses it - nor does it get acknowledged when it does come out - same with RUSH. But people expect it to be spazzed the fuck out and of course, they spaz when it does) You have no fucking business getting hit by either throw - NONE! (20+ frames and I don't know frame data like that)

This: "You got to go for inconceivable damage,' (Oh, how fucked is she is DZ? Ask Mr. Wah - no issues with you, btw), but 298 (mathematically), or the IGFYU mantra in any stage, really?

I keep arguing that she can defend herself - not by the useless parries (even the wall one), but players look at me specifically and are like: "She's not supposed to that!" I'm shocked she has BURST still. Keep nerfing her strings and she might literally end up PPPPPPP or KKKKK all day (ya know, a scrub Alpha)

Now, what is worse: a move used for the obvious repeated stun and shenanigans or throws you can see and beat with your eyes closed; yet, they're only "damaging" because you hold too fucking much? However, it's a problem when there's always been this "Strike First" mentality.

I'm seeing on FB how most don't like the nerfing barrage they done in this patch, but my two mains "deserve them?"

Just put her out of her fucking misery already - with her own fucking move, too!

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
I'm not all that worried about her K string being nerfed. With the other stuff, I guess I just need to play as her in LR to see if I like these other changes. It could have been way worse. That's how I see it.

synce

Gave her a quick test run and it's definitely the yuckiest Alpha yet. The kicks were a big part of my game even from vanilla days. Now they're completely useless. They should've at least made the 7K finisher + again or at least reset. All she has left is a PPPP/PPPK. Very boring and crippled character.

Intelligent Alpha

^^ Nope. And it's just useless shit they're buffing anyway. *sigh* I would like a "faster" Alpha. (I have no idea where "she's faster" came from) Hell, I'd like for her to be an ACTUAL matchup!

synce

Buffs haha she probably won't return again. Just check out her new KK7K. It knocks back 5m like her BT 7K but it won't hit a wall unless it's within 2m. TN isn't even trying when it comes to Alpha

Pink Nitro

Buffs haha she probably won't return again. Just check out her new KK7K. It knocks back 5m like her BT 7K but it won't hit a wall unless it's within 2m. TN isn't even trying when it comes to Alpha
I was trying to be optimistic. But yea, pretty sure this will be her last game.

synce

Yup but look on the bright side, if they ever get around to making DOA6 people can just mod her into the PC version. And I don't mean the shitty piece of shit we have now, but vanilla Alpha. Or better yet, DOA4 Alpha ;)

Intelligent Alpha

Yup but look on the bright side, if they ever get around to making DOA6 people can just mod her into the PC version. And I don't mean the shitty piece of shit we have now, but vanilla Alpha. Or better yet, DOA4 Alpha ;)

What about those whom rather not?

Kronin

With the delays to her K strings, even for a noob in the fighting matter like me Alpha-152 doesn't appear more the same... :(

synce

Anyone try doing a match doing almost nothing but PPP/PPPK? It's pretty much what I did last night, and with great success. But after like 5 ranked matches no one wanted to play with me anymore. Alpha's still great for trolling... and you guys better enjoy these moves while you still can! (Cuz you know, they're surely next on the nerf list)

Intelligent Alpha

Anyone try doing a match doing almost nothing but PPP/PPPK? It's pretty much what I did last night, and with great success. But after like 5 ranked matches no one wanted to play with me anymore. Alpha's still great for trolling... and you guys better enjoy these moves while you still can! (Cuz you know, they're surely next on the nerf list)

Isn't that what got the hate train going once players gained access and brought her online? I also had a mirror where this happened, but didn't say anything because I knew what to do against and figured the player was new.

But really? Where's the nerf to BURST - out of all of her moves? (You know this is bad when someone who uses her is asking for one. Of course, this isn't without some kind of trade off.) Seriously, BREAK and RUSH do nothing on Hi-Counter (BREAK is useful against a wall though), but burst is still 149? Worse yet, folks still get caught in it? I don't understand. I say reduce it from 80 (the blast portion) to 60. 120 isn't so bad (80 + 40; 5 + 15 + 60) However. she may as well do a wall-combo! I've gotten very close if not a hair or above Hi-C BURST from a wall alone! So then it would become a question of: Wall damage or throw damage since she gets about the same output.

I find it ironic, but respectful how some of us Alpha players aren't rubbing the nerf barrage in another characters' faces since we've been getting nerfed since 4. I keep seeing memes regarding Kokoro, the big bruhaha over Helena, etc. The problem is they've never experienced something like this til now. Meanwhile, we're told to be quiet.

I saw something on YT about balancing and the equation that came with it: Power/Skill or how an unbalanced approach does make things balanced. I immediately thought about Alpha or the whole Kasumi trio actually. I guess we should be happy other characters are getting the nerf hammers. I have an Alpha meme that illustrates this (it's in the meme thread which I can't find) idk really

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD