Alpha-152 general discussion

panicitstylor

I lack of knowledge about Alpha, though I've never seen this before so I'm asking:

Why is she able to teleport out of the blue when I just walk close to her? I wanted to grab because I was expecting a parry. As you can see in my move details, my punch came out after she teleported. Does Alpha have this option with her back to the wall?

I can't check the move list because the game dies when I turn them on in the replay due to the 1.04 bug and her move details just display the teleport.
Whenever Alpha is put in a wall sit down, she will automatically teleport. So, any throw that makes her sit down will make her do that.

Intelligent Alpha

After getting cornered and murdered on a wall easily, you think she doesn't? It was this or neutral teleporting! (and even the devs didn't want us to have access to the latter!) Plus, it's nothing more than a normal hold, so just mash faster!

XD

Lulu

she needs it tbh!!!

Whatever happened to that teleport wakeup there were rumors of before? Woulda been cool to teleport up depending on which direction you pressed like 8H taking you left or 2H taking you right like Hayabusa's ongyoin 88/22

I want this so bad.

Intelligent Alpha

Literally the only direction she can go getting up is is backwards. Would be nice getting to pick another direction

This! As "Limitless" as she appears, she's much more limited than folks care to realize! It's only noticed when she used to "troll!" (ie: I can't use her, but know how to beat the fuck out of her)

Chapstick

This! As "Limitless" as she appears, she's much more limited than folks care to realize! It's only noticed when she used to "troll!" (ie: I can't use her, but know how to beat the fuck out of her)
When you're grounded against a wall you basically have to hope you get up at an angle as Alpha lol otherwise you're not going anywhere unless you can get a parry/hold

splslick

Does Alpha really suck that much that she is usually on the bottom of most tier list? I know that she has no wakeup and that she is the lightest character in the game so she takes more juggle damage than anyone else in the game. Just wanted to hear other people's opinions of her

Lulu

Does Alpha really suck that much that she is usually on the bottom of most tier list? I know that she has no wakeup and that she is the lightest character in the game so she takes more juggle damage than anyone else in the game. Just wanted to hear other people's opinions of her

Alpha is Disadvantaged sure but even if she is at the bottom of the tier list then its not even a bad thing since there are no severe Counter Matchups.

To put this into perspective.... Alpha is the worst character much in the sameway Gareth Bale is the worst actor to play Batman..... it didn't stop anyone from watching the movies because the Bottom of a really good barrel is better than the top of a really bad barrel.

So uhm yeah..... if you're interested then give that Jelly Baby a spin... TIER LISTS BE DAMNED !!!....... Y'know..... up to a point, obviously. :alpha152:

splslick

Alpha is Disadvantaged sure but even if she is at the bottom of the tier list then its not even a bad thing since there are no severe Counter Matchups.

To put this into perspective.... Alpha is the worst character much in the sameway Gareth Bale is the worst actor to play Batman..... it didn't stop anyone from watching the movies because the Bottom of a really good barrel is better than the top of a really bad barrel.

So uhm yeah..... if you're interested then give that Jelly Baby a spin... TIER LISTS BE DAMNED !!!....... Y'know..... up to a point, obviously. :alpha152:
Yeah I was messing with her today and I figured I learn her. She is a lot of fun and it's going to be a lot of fun playing her at NEC this year :D

Chapstick

I noticed some things cause "critical finishes" (I think this is the right term) that shouldn't. For example doing PPK H+K causes a critical finish despite them being "different" moves. Even her KKKKK string does it. Stand just far away enough from the opponent that the first kick will whiff and only the second and fourth kicks will connect. It causes a critical finish when it shouldn't.

Lulu

That is weird because some other characters are allowed to perform a move twice from different strings without causing a critical finish.

I think Mila's SS:P: and her :3::P: is one of them.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD