Alpha Exhibition Video

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Hello Folks.

It is I! DB! But yeah enough about me!

I am making a Super Duper Fantastico Amazing Perfecto exhibition video with Alpha. You remember that Akira video with all those fancy music synchronization and all that cool stuff? Yeah that! but with Alpha-152! However...I need "You". Actually no.... ALL of you.....to give me the ideas necessary to do it.

I need a list of all the awesome/extraordinary/silly/impractical/cool/amazing/wow/wowagain/thatworks/how combos for the video that you guys think you would want in there for my music combination!

+Bonus cookies for those Alpha weight combos.

NOTE: No health bars will be displayed. It's a exhibition video to showcase Alpha and hopefully it gets tweeted by TN the same how the Akira video was tweeted.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
The point of an Exhibition is to show exposure of a character. PPP alone isn't exactly going to cut it unless you are referring to online play. She isn't as basic as people would seem via a most list and coming up with a juggle. Generic would be something similar to Kokoro. But even Kokoro has usage to show exposure on her movelist.

DrDam

these always make me wet :
PL, PPPPPP, KKKK7K
Wall Splat, 3PPPP, 7K
CB, 3H+K, 8K, KKKKK
3PPK, 3K, 3K
PL, 33KK.P, BT7K

Intelligent Alpha

The point of an Exhibition is to show exposure of a character. PPP alone isn't exactly going to cut it unless you are referring to online play. She isn't as basic as people would seem via a most list and coming up with a juggle. Generic would be something similar to Kokoro. But even Kokoro has usage to show exposure on her movelist.

Alpha is hated as fuck, so how does she not have any damn exposure? The easiest character to be exposed and exploited and it's not just online! Like I said, if I can beat people with basic fundamentals (which most seem leave behind once the combos start to come in). Her shit is not that good!

Strings for days is due to that glitch in DOA4. If she has them, so does Helena!

Juggling is the other issue. When is someone gonna mention her mixups? Good gravy! If Helena and Brad are just pure stupid, Alpha is too, but nobody talks about that unless their constantly holding her shit and proclaiming predictability.

Somebody even said on facebook how spammy she is wanting to learn her, but guess what this person did: Went straight to combo-challenge. "All those Ps and Ks!"

Again, she is not as awesome as people think she is for someone who is supposed to purely pressure! That crap gets old quick! I wonder if that's the issue though. Too much CC. Everyone seeing canned combos on YT or those c/p on forums like this and DOAW.

I bet out of 100 videos, 99 will be flashy (which is what you seem to want). If you want Alpha or anyone to get exposure, more than combos ought to be displayed or discussed since that is just one aspect or dimension of all the characters. There's more to them than that.

Intelligent Alpha

I stopped reading after the first paragraph. Either post movelist potential or don't. Simple as that.

All right!

Non Critical Blast:

8K, P(PP), 2K (2H+K)
3H+K 3H+K, PPPP
8K(4), P
8K(4), 2H+K (More surprising than BT 7K)
3K6P+K3K3K, 2H+K
H+K, P, 3K (Wall)
8K, P, 8K, PPPP (can probably get Knee out of it, too)
8K, P(PP) 9K
8K, 9K; 9K, 8K (9K is vastly underrated, unsafe but has its use)
PP9K
8K6P8K9K
Alternate 8K/2K (or H+K/2H+K) for high/low shenanigans; play around with 2K/2H+K for low shenanigans; 8K/H+K for high shenanigans; add in 4K/6K for mid shenanigans

Critical Blast Setups:

H+KH+KP(PP) + 6P+K(3K/66P)
3K, 6P+K, 3K ,3K (Two of three Crits utilized);
3(Hold)PPPP (Any Crit)
6K, P(or 6P) 6K, P(or 6P) (Any Crit)
3K3(Hold)PPPP (Fifth P if you don't reach threshold) (Any Crit)
3(KPKPK)
6PPP (Any Crit; watch length of gut stun when going for Crit; opp away from wall)
8K, PPP (Any Crit - 6P+K preferred)
H+K, H+K, 4P (Any Crit; SE creates greater distance, use 3K to get reach; 6P+K when closer)
22K (SSK), PPPP (22K will probably fit most of these)

Critical Blast Combos (Commonly used)

H+KH+KP(PP) + 6P+K(3K/66P):

6K (or 4K) (Launch) KKKKK
^ 8KKKK
^ 3PPPP (Fifth P and/or Knee is possible)

22K or 3H+K, 3H+K (Launch) 3H+K (too simple, I know)
^ PPPPP
8KKKK
3PPP

Throw combos (Attack Setups):

PP236236T
3(KPKPK)8T (You should probably shorten this)
2H+K8T(2T) ("I was ducking!") Alternate between 8 and 2 (the throws)
*Insert stun string here* RUSH
8T, P (FT), 8T (Go 8T from behind now and again)
H+K, H+K, 33T
9P, 8T (9P to cross up, 8T from rear; recovery makes this somewhat difficult)

Was this enough? You may disagree, but my philosophy when using Alpha: Mixups >>>>>> Combos!

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
All right!

Non Critical Blast:

8K, P(PP), 2K (2H+K)
3H+K 3H+K, PPPP
8K(4), P
8K(4), 2H+K (More surprising than BT 7K)
3K6P+K3K3K, 2H+K
H+K, P, 3K (Wall)
8K, P, 8K, PPPP (can probably get Knee out of it, too)
8K, P(PP) 9K
8K, 9K; 9K, 8K (9K is vastly underrated, unsafe but has its use)
PP9K
8K6P8K9K
Alternate 8K/2K (or H+K/2H+K) for high/low shenanigans; play around with 2K/2H+K for low shenanigans; 8K/H+K for high shenanigans; add in 4K/6K for mid shenanigans

Critical Blast Setups:

H+KH+KP(PP) + 6P+K(3K/66P)
3K, 6P+K, 3K ,3K (Two of three Crits utilized);
3(Hold)PPPP (Any Crit)
6K, P(or 6P) 6K, P(or 6P) (Any Crit)
3K3(Hold)PPPP (Fifth P if you don't reach threshold) (Any Crit)
3(KPKPK)
6PPP (Any Crit; watch length of gut stun when going for Crit; opp away from wall)
8K, PPP (Any Crit - 6P+K preferred)
H+K, H+K, 4P (Any Crit; SE creates greater distance, use 3K to get reach; 6P+K when closer)
22K (SSK), PPPP (22K will probably fit most of these)

Critical Blast Combos (Commonly used)

H+KH+KP(PP) + 6P+K(3K/66P):

6K (or 4K) (Launch) KKKKK
^ 8KKKK
^ 3PPPP (Fifth P and/or Knee is possible)

22K or 3H+K, 3H+K (Launch) 3H+K (too simple, I know)
^ PPPPP
8KKKK
3PPP

Throw combos (Attack Setups):

PP236236T
3(KPKPK)8T (You should probably shorten this)
2H+K8T(2T) ("I was ducking!") Alternate between 8 and 2 (the throws)
*Insert stun string here* RUSH
8T, P (FT), 8T (Go 8T from behind now and again)
H+K, H+K, 33T
9P, 8T (9P to cross up, 8T from rear; recovery makes this somewhat difficult)

Was this enough? You may disagree, but my philosophy when using Alpha: Mixups >>>>>> Combos!

Good stuff, I'll test them out tonight for ya.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Expose those OH shenanigans:

BREAK, FLT P (no tech), BREAK again... a good annoying strat. When people duck 24/7 afterwards I have already won. But if they keep ducking after the initial break mix up with 2 H+K or 4K.

Crush a WUK with RUSH.

After RUSH 9P, FC, K

Sit-down stun from 66P, RUSH

Other tricks:

4K, 4K or 6K 6K = Full Launch

Circus: 8K string on environments

Jump a WUK, 2H+K then 6K or 4K force tech (you might want to check this one, I had some problems doing it not long ago...)

Intelligent Alpha

^ 66P can be held out out of, so this makes FLT P (Dive) more risky cause that can be held, too; If you're very close, you can go KNEE, but I doubt this can't be held either.

The RUSH move: P can beat it out or you can probably AA it upon descent before she grabs you. This is why you see this move done from a distance as upclose puts her in that scenario. It's the same with break or burst!

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
^ 66P can be held out out of, so this makes FLT P (Dive) more risky cause that can be held, too; If you're very close, you can go KNEE, but I doubt this can't be held either.

The RUSH move: P can beat it out or you can probably AA it upon descent before she grabs you. This is why you see this move done from a distance as upclose puts her in that scenario. It's the same with break or burst!

Of course 66P can be held out of...? Remember that 66P itself offers pushback.

Intelligent Alpha

Of course 66P can be held out of...? Remember that 66P itself offers pushback.

True, but the pushback acts like a reset. I found this out fighting a friend online who was Ryu. 66P is a SDS. Yes, it offers pushback, but it's very disadvantageous when raw because most suspect P and being that you can spaz DHs. (same with Fake P). Most see Dive coming when she is floating, but especially after F.L.O.A.T. not realizing other strings can leave her in other floating animations:

PPPPPPP
8KKKK
66P (Raw or at the end of a setup; especially after the two Crit Blast setup: H+K, H+K, P(PP) Any Crit, 66P - the KB is unreal compared to the Raw version)

However, she has other KB strings:

4K6K
4P (SE)
8KKKK
KKKKK7K
6KP (and variants)
7K (BT 7K)
33KK, K

66P isn't that good without it being on the end of a setup since most go for the 6P+K/3K ones, but they'll see it if done enough times. However, most still think 6P+K/3K first! But that "pitiful" dive? You can get BT guarantees:

2H+K
8K/9K? (Ayane's BT kick)
And any move that turns her around (but mind the frames)

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
I don't even recommend using 66P as a stand-alone move, but if it ever pops out that way I feel most comfortable using rush as people anticipate 6K or 4K and usually hold. It acts as a reset fo sho, but most people don't know what to do afterwards.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD