Alpha video thread

phoenix1985gr

As the vid you just showed yes you can win with only 2kkk? Is it advisable probably not, but its an excellent mix up launch or high dmg throw for 40% of your health...

phoenix1985gr

To be fair it was an helena main who switched to alpha but still good job... hope this motivates people to use her more

synce

I'm sure someone could win with Alpha from start to finish, they just need the cojones. If I had the time I would've been there repping de blob... But it's funny to me that the kid who won used the two characters most people wrote off as garbage

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
I hadn't played her for more than 5 min before that. I just wanted to abuse her glitch. Then calibur and sonic fox decided to try abusing it on shade. Calibur knew more about her though.

synce

Oh I just realized Matt Ponton is Mr. Wah... Interesting

I think the only thing stupid about 2kkk is how you can delay the second kick by about an hour. That might get patched out in v1.03. She needs the 2-in-1 though

I'll try to upload some old replays this week, keep putting it off

synce

Can't remember who I was playing here, I think it's from way back in October. If you're new to Alpha hopefully you'll learn something from it

Toby

For a second I thought P2's 9k jumped over the opponent cause the opponent went low and the kick didn't connect (probably b/c of P1's ss). Would've been interesting if it happened. I like using it to jump over unsuspecting victims attempting wake up kicks/attacks. You could then follow up with 7k for an easy 75 pts of damage.

Toby

Why would you flip the numbers? That just confuses people.

You know what I'm talking about. It's not confusing if you explicitly specify P2's perspective. Specifying P2 saves you the effort to invert the notation if you don't know the character that well. Either way, in P1's perspective, 9k is just 8k and since there's no way of going over the opponent with that move, the only other option is 7k.

synce

Had a couple friends over for drinks the other night and inadvertently discovered Alpha is really fun to play as a turtle (the fun starts at round 4) :tengu:

Nightpup

You know what I'm talking about. It's not confusing if you explicitly specify P2's perspective. Specifying P2 saves you the effort to invert the notation if you don't know the character that well. Either way, in P1's perspective, 9k is just 8k and since there's no way of going over the opponent with that move, the only other option is 7k.
Now I'm just confused.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD