DOA5LR Analysis of Honoka's Moveset

Awesmic

Standard Donor
You can crush wake up kicks with almost every move if timed correctly.
And even then, that's depending on the amount of damage that move does. If it does more damage than the wakeup kick, that move will have priority.

Nikotsumi

So, with the animation from 6:58 in this video it seems that Hissatsu no Kamae P can be charged (but i may be wrong)
Edit: actually it's 6:48 :S

Last edited:

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
Whoa. PP6PK is the kind of string Bayman could use. Wow.

And looks like her BT K shares the same animation as Bayman's 8K.

Last edited:

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
And looks like her BT K shares the same animation as Bayman's 8K.

Looks more like his BT K to me.

Whoa. PP6PK is the kind of string Bayman could use. Wow.

If the string she used at 2:50 (and numerous other times) is her PP6PK, then I believe Bayman actually did have that in DOAD.

*EDIT* - I just booted up DOAD to check. It's not exactly the same, as there's no 6P in the string, but he had PP6K with the 6K being his 236K that Honoka uses at the end of that string.

Last edited:

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
any string with that spin kick he could use being able to end a string with tracking, mid-kick, guard break, with knockback is just nasty. ironically both this bitch and raidou seem to have one -_-

pretty sure that's the 8K kick, his BT k doesnt hook like that

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Quick question. It seems she has Christie's 214P which is a sitdown as well. Is it likely that the properties on hit will be different from Christie's? considering that Christie's version can guaranteed a CB on last threshold while possibly Honoka's might not?

KING JAIMY

So, with the animation from 6:58 in this video it seems that Hissatsu no Kamae P can be charged (but i may be wrong)
Along with some minor editing, I incorporated this in the OP. A chargeable CB seems very interesting. Perhaps it will have the same functionality as Leon's CB, where you can charge and land a Critical Burst without the need to have your opponent in Critical Stun LV 3.

GreatDarkHero

This is frame advantage
Premium Donor
Me still trying to avoid watching the footage, waiting to get my hands on DOA5LR and Honoka herself. Same applies to Raidou as well.

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
Ewe, she got a Hitomi sweep.
Saw it in the shacknews stream video with the couple of tag rounds, she did it when she was teamed with Raidou.

Nikotsumi

So, i was checking again her moves, are you sure that she has Bokuho 6PP, and that it is a transition into her Hissatsu-no-Kamae? Perhaps it was removed, I'm telling this 'cause in the last stream Honoka command training is shown and her Bokuho moves are PPP, 4PK and K, and she can't duck from it.
Here the video. 1:08:30

KING JAIMY

So, i was checking again her moves, are you sure that she has Bokuho 6PP, and that it is a transition into her Hissatsu-no-Kamae? Perhaps it was removed, I'm telling this 'cause in the last stream Honoka command training is shown and her Bokuho moves are PPP, 4PK and K, and she can't duck from it.
Here the video. 1:08:30
I don't really know if she has it or not. Somebody told me a few pages back I believe. Never seen it myself as well.

FatalxInnocence

Not everything is always in the command training. It was in a video somewhere, just need to wait till the games out to see if it's still there or get someone to check during the next stream? You can actually see it happen in a Honoka video somewhere in the media section. Just gotta go through it.

EDIT;

13:22 is the time stamp for it.

Last edited:

Macca Beam

Why is janken so bad? Buff pls.

But damn, it blows that the 必殺 section is so pitiful. I don't see an entrance from neutral so maybe that's why. The new stuff are just another throw and a second part to Raidou's throw.

Makes me wonder what that "capable of moves never before seen from any other fighter" thing even means. I bet they will make a clone of her and call it Honoka Ω. Has a nice ring to it.

Nikotsumi

LOL her taunts are -37 GB
I like how confusing is the double transition of dragon stance P+K: Hnk on hit and dragon stance on block/whiff.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD