Anime/Manga Talk

Allan Paris

Don't know if that has been stated or not, I think it has. My colleague just told me that the VA for Rig is Gaara from Naruto.

I couldn't tell, I don't watch too many things from Japan with English VA. Although, I have heard Gaara's voice before and it's the only voice that I like.

DrDogg

Don't know if that has been stated or not, I think it has. My colleague just told me that the VA for Rig is, Gaara from Naruto.

I couldn't tell, I don't watch too many things from Japan with English VA. Although, I have heard Gaara's voice before and it's the only voice that I like.

People watch Naruto in English? o_0

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
I just started watching One Piece. I still prefer Bleach but it's growing on me. Zoro is basically the man. Crocodile just got owned by Luffy so I'm early, yet. Naruto I stopped watching when everyone started turning into monsters to power up, which always annoys me.

Blazeincarnated

Rock Lee is the best character in Naruto. Go watch Rock Lee vs Gaara English Dub. (episode 48,49 and 50)
...Best 3 episodes of your life!!!

d3v

I just started watching One Piece. I still prefer Bleach but it's growing on me. Zoro is basically the man. Crocodile just got owned by Luffy so I'm early, yet. Naruto I stopped watching when everyone started turning into monsters to power up, which always annoys me.
Bleach gets stale once you realize that Kubo just adds characters whenever he runs out of ideas, compared to Oda who actually has an outline for what's going to happen in One Piece. Word of advice, never forget individual characters, even small cameos, you never know when they'll come back and serve as major players later on.

Raansu

Bleach gets stale once you realize that Kubo just adds characters whenever he runs out of ideas, compared to Oda who actually has an outline for what's going to happen in One Piece. Word of advice, never forget individual characters, even small cameos, you never know when they'll come back and serve as major players later on.

Fullbring arc *cringe* And of all the arcs for the anime to end on its that arc...ugh.

DrDogg

Better question.

One Piece 4 lyf.

One Piece is better than Naruto, but Naruto is still on point.

I couldn't watch Bleach after Ichigo got owned by three people and then magically powered up to own the first of the three that owned him. The character development is also pretty bad and I have no interest in any of the mainstays. All of the interesting characters disappear for hundreds of episodes at a time. I also dislike the whole, "let's have 6 fights going on at once" thing. Definitely a lackluster series when compared to Naruto, One Piece... shoot, even DBZ Kai.

You have a long way to go in One Piece, and it only gets better. I'm on episode 500-something.

Rock Lee is the best character in Naruto. Go watch Rock Lee vs Gaara English Dub. (episode 48,49 and 50)
...Best 3 episodes of your life!!!

1. Those episodes were better in Japanese.

2. Rock Lee vs. Kimimaro was better than Rock Lee vs. Gaara.

3. Before the series ends, I guarantee there will be a better Rock Lee fight.

4. Pretty much any episode of One Piece in which Zoro owns someone is superior. Just saying...

Shinigamimatt

Rigs is Gaara. Liam O'Brien.

That said, Naruto is my favorite character. He's certainly grown. Though I liked how he won fights as an underdog in the old series.

Blazeincarnated

1. Those episodes were better in Japanese.

2. Rock Lee vs. Kimimaro was better than Rock Lee vs. Gaara.

3. Before the series ends, I guarantee there will be a better Rock Lee fight.

4. Pretty much any episode of One Piece in which Zoro owns someone is superior. Just saying...

Rock Lee vs Kimimaro was an epic moment indeed, because Lee was out of Recovery and was told he could NEVER be a ninja again. (Bruce Lee had one of these moments also) It made me have more of a connection to the character itself..

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Rigs is Gaara. Liam O'Brien.

That said, Naruto is my favorite character. He's certainly grown. Though I liked how he won fights as an underdog in the old series.
I don't blame you. He wasn't named after a famous strait in Japan for nothing.

The twin whirlpools practically represent the milestones he went through in the two metaseries... most educational anime I've ever watched next to Initial D.

Shinigamimatt

Yeah, I just liked how Naruto was always compared to these prodigies and such like Sasuke and came out better through hard work. I especially liked the Naruto vs Neji fight. Showed how much Naruto was progressing at the time compared to just being a silly clown.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
I'm not into Bleach for good writing. I like the character designs and the action sequences are pretty awesome. The current (and final) arc actually looks like the writing is stepping up a bit and good guys are actually dying, so I think it's a bit ridiculous that they went on a possibly permanent hiatus right when the final arc started. The fullbring arc contributed nothing but a slightly cooler design for Ichigo and was an embarrassment to end on.

As for One Piece, Zoro is easily my favorite character. Watching him straight destroy Mr. 1 when pushed to the brink of death was absolutely awesome. Luffy's fight with Crocodile wasn't as epic as I was led to believe but I don't really like Luffy's ability to begin with. Swordsmen are always the shit, though. As for remembering individual characters, that's already how my mind works so I'm good there. I have some pretty good ideas about people that will pop up again. Coby is gonna be huge, no question, and will likely have to fight Luffy. No spoilers, please, but I figure that's a no-brainer.

Since this is the new topic, I figured I'd drop some of my other faves in here: Blood+ was excellent, Death Note....well, the first half was good, Neon Genesis Evangelion is epic (when watched with the End of Evangelion) and I'm pumped for the third and fourth Rebuild movies, Kiba was alright but kinda faltered towards the end, and my favorite anime movie of all time is Street Fighter II: The Animated Movie. On that last one, the English dub and completely new soundtrack makes for it being the only anime, movie or series, that I prefer in English besides DBZ (again, the music is why). Watch the final fight in Japanese and you'll see what I mean; feels completely different.

Baron West

One Piece is better written than both Bleach and Naruto. Combined. It doesn't contradict itself, and the author explains everything.

Naruto is hot-cold to me. Sometimes it's boring and contradictory, other times it's phenomenal.

Bleach is not well written. It does however have great artwork and character design. The series peaked at Soul Society arc. After that it was repetitive...even for a fighting manga. The last arc seems more promising than Hueco Mundo arc, but I'm not expecting much. Kubo just needs to start writing Zombie Powder again.

I used to like watching Naruto and Bleach anime in the beginning because there were minimal fillers. Now there is waaay too much filler. Having to wade past the fillers is kind of discouraging. Although I did like the filler during the Hidan-Kakuzu-Kakashi-Shikamaru fight.

In terms of worthwhile manga, The Breaker, and its sequel Breaker New Waves, are great reads.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
One Piece is better written than both Bleach and Naruto. Combined. It doesn't contradict itself, and the author explains everything.
As a bonus, Kotono Mitsuishi voices Boa Hancock very similarly to Christie.

Sometimes when I watch the show with my eyes closed, I feel like she's actually in the show, lol.

In terms of worthwhile manga, The Breaker, and its sequel Breaker New Waves, are great reads.
So is "Battle Angel Alita: Last Order".

My only regret is that it's been put on hiatus for about a year.

Baron West

As a bonus, Kotono Mitsuishi voices Boa Hancock very similarly to Christie.

Sometimes when I watch the show with my eyes closed, I feel like she's actually in the show, lol.

So is "Battle Angel Alita: Last Order".

My only regret is that it's been put on hiatus for about a year.

I can deal with hiatus. It's when the manga gets canned out of the blue, or has a crap ending that I can't stand. Mx0 ended terribly. Double Arts died just as it was getting interesting.

And I have to wait forever for new Aflame Inferno...

DrDogg

As for One Piece, Zoro is easily my favorite character. Watching him straight destroy Mr. 1 when pushed to the brink of death was absolutely awesome. Luffy's fight with Crocodile wasn't as epic as I was led to believe but I don't really like Luffy's ability to begin with. Swordsmen are always the shit, though. As for remembering individual characters, that's already how my mind works so I'm good there. I have some pretty good ideas about people that will pop up again. Coby is gonna be huge, no question, and will likely have to fight Luffy. No spoilers, please, but I figure that's a no-brainer.

Luffy's powers get better. And when he adds the afro...

Zoro is still the best though. Well, maybe SogeKing is better, but that's a special case.

The Eva movies are ridiculous. The first was pretty straightforward, but the second really shook things up. I'm eagerly awaiting the 3rd and 4th movies.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD