Anne

Antlers2012

So I can't find a thread on this (though I only scanned, so I maybe wrong)

Helena's ending shows a woman (Anne) being shot. Anyone have any theories on this?
Personally I think Helena was a mission to wipe out all of Fame Douglases mistresses, but I'm not sure...

Rawbietussin

There's a possibility that Helena was the murderer. If you can capture a screenshot a few seconds after Anne got shot in the head, you can see a hand holding the gun featuring a wide black sleeve that we could assume was Helena's C1.

0.jpg

As for the motive on why Anne was killed, I really have no idea.

crapoZK

Standard Donor
My theory is that Helena killed all of the mistresses (Apart from Miyako b-cause Kokoro) before blowing up DOATEC Tower so that they wouldn't have to go through the pain of being burnt to death. And also they work for Donovan.

Rawbietussin

Anne's the only one canonically dead to me unless it was stated (or shown) otherwise that the 3 other living mistresses (apart from Miyako) were also murdered. It's kinda funny how the top that Anne wore looks similar to Helena's Paradise swimsuit. Makes me think that Helena killed her off by for stealing her clothes.

image.jpg
Anne.jpg

That said...

image.jpg

..... Who shall be the next victim of the red sharpie?

Antlers2012

I forgot Helena's dad was such a pimp

Are you kidding me he was a looker!

The thing that I don't get if it was Helena is that Christie killed her mother yet she never drew a gun on her...I mean she's beat the living crap outta her but that's it.

Rawbietussin

Helena hasn't held a gun, you say?

DOA+Helena.jpg

She pointed this at Kasumi and was about to pull the trigger but Ryu interrupted it by disarming her.

Antlers2012

Maybe because Donovan didn't ordered her to eliminate the other Fame mistresses? Miyako's allegiance is with MIST despite being head of another DOATEC branch and she's not yet killed.

No no sorry I mean why did Helena get a gun up to Kasumi and possibly Anne but not Christie? Also Miyako's a whole diffrent story, she knows things.....

Rawbietussin

No no sorry I mean why did Helena get a gun up to Kasumi and possibly Anne but not Christie? Also Miyako's a whole diffrent story, she knows things.....

I think Christie got her hands full that time dealing with Ayane and Bayman which probably left Helena to encounter Kasumi. Plus, considering that Helena was fed up with Donovan running the place, she plans to take the DOATEC Tritower down. it's no surprise she'd carry out a gun so that no one can stand in her way.

David Gregg

I think you need to look at the bigger picture and not necessarily who the specific woman was. This was Helena's ending (in the most literal sense. lol) We see all of the photos of her happy memories burning like everything else in the flames. She was on a path of destruction to stop DOATEC for everything that it has done to her and all of those around her even willing to commit suicide. Anne, I think represents Fame in a sense and is a reminder of his flaws (i.e. he had multiple mistresses when Helena obviously would want him to be with her mother only). So us seeing in her eye the memory of her shooting Anne adds to this sense of her trying to destroy this flawed company and all of the painful memories associated with it.

Then...good ol' :zack:comes along and during Helena's presumed final moments is rescued. It's showing that she has been given a chance at redemption since she has finally rejected her role in her father's tainted DOATEC (which took 3 games to finally be able to do. lol). And as we see in 5 she really has built a DOATEC based on good intentions even if MIST is going on behind her back. XD

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
I think you need to look at the bigger picture and not necessarily who the specific woman was. This was Helena's ending (in the most literal sense. lol) We see all of the photos of her happy memories burning like everything else in the flames. She was on a path of destruction to stop DOATEC for everything that it has done to her and all of those around her even willing to commit suicide. Anne, I think represents Fame in a sense and is a reminder of his flaws (i.e. he had multiple mistresses when Helena obviously would want him to be with her mother only). So us seeing in her eye the memory of her shooting Anne adds to this sense of her trying to destroy this flawed company and all of the painful memories associated with it.

Then...good ol' :zack:comes along and during Helena's presumed final moments is rescued. It's showing that she has been given a chance at redemption since she has finally rejected her role in her father's tainted DOATEC (which took 3 games to finally be able to do. lol). And as we see in 5 she really has built a DOATEC based on good intentions even if MIST is going on behind her back. XD
Yup.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD