[Apr 18, 2014] NorCal Regionals 2014 (Sacramento, California)

NukNuks

640DC167-31E7-4C7A-B344-7E256760CA35_zpsdokdojzd.png

Taking place from April 18th-April 20th, NCR is a yearly event that brings hundreds of fighting game enthusiasts from around the world in a dazzling exhibition of skill and dedication. Players and fans unite to honor the competitive spirit in a three day open format tournament to determine a champion that will walk away with the title of NorCal’s Best Player.

F6101322-1544-4FA7-B869-F3D5D8E83E22_zpsjjq3tgkc.jpg

With a prime Sacramento location, the Holiday Inn Capitol Plaza offers warm hospitality, an inviting atmosphere and services that’s perfect for your NorCal Regionals 2014 stay. Holiday Inn Capitol Plaza is the official NCR hotel.

BOOK HOTEL AT DISCOUNTED NCR RATE OF $92/NIGHT (GROUP CODE: UKN)

Register for NorCal Regionals 2014 at https://kineda.wufoo.com/forms/norcal-regionals-2014/

Visit the official NCR website at http://norcalregionals.com

Game Lineup
Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
King of Fighters XIII
Super Smash Bros Melee
Killer Instinct
Divekick

Street Fighter x Tekken ver. 2013
BlazBlue: Chronophantasma
Persona 4 Arena
Injustice: Gods Among Us
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
*Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate
Super Street Fighter II Turbo
Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike
Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown
Capcom vs. SNK 2
Marvel vs. Capcom 2

- - - - -
About DOA at NCR,

-DOA at NCR will be on Saturday, 4/19/14, only. This includes pool matches and finals.
-DOA will start at noon
-Stream time will only be allowed to the top 2 games with the most entrants. **The games marked with red text are going to be streamed regardless since they are in the EVO lineup this year (I'm not sure if Divekick is in the EVO lineup this year but it is an officially sponsored NCR game)
-There is a mandatory $37.50 to register for NCR + $15 or $5 per game depending on which game(s) you register for (DOA is only $5)
-Registration for NCR closes on April 13th so make sure you get registered!
-If you normally play DOA on PS3 and don't have a 360 controller to use please let me know so we can accommodate you. It would be unfortunate for you to miss the tourney because you don't have the correct controller

***If anyone has any questions or concerns regarding the event please feel free to post here or PM me :)

Last edited:

NukNuks

I can't make it to NCR if it starts on Friday. I have class on fridays.
:/
I would hate for you to miss another major Cali tournament. What we may be able to do is make DOA at NCR a one day event (Saturday only instead of Friday & Saturday). I'm sure most of the players we normally see & talk to at these things won't have a problem with us changing the days. Then again it would be unfair to the rest of the players to change the event like that since there are DOA players that don't visit this site that will be entering the tourney and they expect the event to be ran on certain days. The biggest obstacle in changing the event days is getting the OK from the head NCR organizers. DOA is a community ran event this year after all.

loan_grains

I will not miss this major for nothing its just to close were I live might as well commute to this instead but most likely they do not have free parking being sac town with its one way roads damn lol.

loan_grains

Meter parking as well, any one up for a meet up practice matches on Thursday the day before Friday of NCR?, if not its cool.

NukNuks

UPDATE (3/28/14)

-DOA will be on Saturday only, starting at noon.
-As of today, we only have 7 people pre-regged for DOA

Tenren

as of right now not looking like Im going to make it. Stupid unemployment is all jacked up and now I have to prove I worked last year lol. Time I got a lawyer i guess. Who knows if this gets fixed in time Ill try and make it

Tokkosho

Does anyone know if a pre paid visa card (or something like that) works for the pre registration?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD