Battle Royal [Apr 3, 2015] NorCal Regionals 2015 (Sacramento, California)

NukNuks

F918C210-4329-4C5B-B222-0D6D4309DDE0_zpsd5rwqgvz.jpg

As you may already know, Big E Gaming and Team Ninja are teaming up to host Dead or Alive 5 Last Round: Battle Royal 2015, a tour of qualifier tournaments around the States leading up to the final tour stop, NEC XVI in Pennsylvania. The second tournament of the tour will be NorCal Regionals 2015 from April 3rd-5th at the Holiday Inn in Sacramento, California. NCR is one of the longest running fighting game major tournaments in California and is the biggest tournament in the region. I am proud to say that this will be the 3rd year in a row that NCR will have the Dead or Alive community in the game lineup. If you haven't already, you can register for the event at norcalregionals.com

The top placers of this tournament will earn seeding points for the grand final event at NEC XVI. Many of the west coast's top players such as CrazySteady, HajinShinobi, Prince Adon, Corposant, cand NykNyks will be competing in the event. Rising stars such as ManilaSunrise, BLAZE170, and Vincent Rayne as well as many others are looking to in the tournament. DOA west coast veterans such as Koompbala and Punishere just might make an appearance as well. As always, we welcome and encourage all DOA players who are looking to step up their game to attend NCR. Without a doubt there will be plenty of DOA casual matches going on outside of the tournament. If this were to be your first time ever attending or competing in a tournament then you don't wanna miss out on this.

Not only is NCR a great experience for gamers in general, it also one the BEST events in the west coast for all fighting game fans. NCR is also one of the biggest DOA tournaments in California. Tournaments for Street Fighter, Smash Bros, Tekken, Dead or Alive, and many other fighting games will be apart the event. Attendees can also purchase a plethora of loot such as tee shirts, arcade stick parts, and other gaming accessories. Some of the vendors at the event include Kineda, Mad Catz, and Hungry Human, as well as many others.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Please click the following links for more information regarding NCR 2015

Register for the tournament

Book your Hotel

Event page

Tournament FAQ

What exactly IS NorCal Regionals???
In a nutshell, NCR is major video game tournament for the fighting game genre.

When?
April 3rd-5th 2015

Where?
Holiday Inn (300 J street Sacramento, CA 95814)

What system is the DOA tournament on?
PS4

What time does the tournament start?
TBA

Which day(s) is the DOA tournament on?
TBA

Stream link for DOA?
TBA (Not sure if DOA will be streamed but my best guess is since this event is apart of the Battle Royal tour the game will get at least some stream time for finals at least)

How will the Battle Royal ranking points be distributed at the tournament?
As of right now, I do not know how that will work. I will provide that information as soon as I find out.

Is there any footage from past NCR DOA tournaments?
Yes. Click on any of the following links to see tournament matches from the past events.
Grand Finals
Winners Finals
Losers Finals
Semi Finals

What can I do to help out with the DOA tournament at NCR?
First of all, we would love have your help with the DOA tournament at NCR. It is much appreciated. We are currently looking people to run brackets or provide more DOA setups to use for the tournament/casuals. The tournament matches itself will only be played on PS4 but we welcome all console variations of DOA for casuals to be played on. If there is anything in particular you want to help out with please let us know. All suggestions welcomed.

If you have any questions or concerns about the event, what to expect, feel free to post here or PM me. There is also a Facebook page where you view other frequently asked questions by clicking this link.

More details concerning the tournament will be announced within the days leading up to the event so be sure to keep posted to the proper threads.

4573EFE2-774F-4070-B97B-F3334B89DBA0_zps9mfuongj.jpg

Malfury

I need everyone to do me a solid and tweet, facebook and social media share this page. We need to create awareness for the event and I can't do it alone.

Why don't you?

Hit up the SoCal crew. I'm sure some of them are planning on attending.
Military obligations. I'm stationed in North Dakota. If things go my way next month, it's possible, but highly unlikely.

ThreeCentipedes

Just signed up for this and USF4. If anyone has a spare ps4 controller I could use for it, that would be great. If not, guess I'm stuck buying one. See everyone there.

NukNuks

Just bumping to see everyone's current status on the event. I will be pre-registering tomorrow so I can hit the early bird registration.

Xephukai

So, curious... is there still no set schedule for this? I'm interested in attending, but I'm currently in a bind on capooling to Sacramento from Reno, NV- because I haven't been able to pin down an exact time pool play starts. If anyone can answer, it would be much appreciated.

Also, that being said, IF I do attend, this will be my first tournament (and imo) I'm nowhere near competitive play- Still would get to be nice to meet my neighboring communities in California. I'm hoping to be at competent competing level by NEC16.

NukNuks

So, curious... is there still no set schedule for this? I'm interested in attending, but I'm currently in a bind on capooling to Sacramento from Reno, NV- because I haven't been able to pin down an exact time pool play starts. If anyone can answer, it would be much appreciated.

Also, that being said, IF I do attend, this will be my first tournament (and imo) I'm nowhere near competitive play- Still would get to be nice to meet my neighboring communities in California. I'm hoping to be at competent competing level by NEC16.
I contacted the guys from NCR and they said the schedule will be up for sure by the end of the week.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD