Are you happy with Last Round?

Do you like the direction Last Round is taking?

• Right now I'm worried about the lasting appeal of Last Round.

Votes: 49 61.3%
  • So, far everything looks good, and I'm content with what I'm seeing from Last Round.

Votes: 31 38.8%

• Total voters

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Clearly, and obviously the game isn't out yet, more announcements could come, but it seems like this package is going to be the weakest package. Not only is it the weakest package, but it will divide the tournament scene being on four platforms, all with attributes of their own.

Some in Japan, some digital, some full, some free for a while then five bucks, some with a collector's edition... Jesus.

Tom Lee has said on multiple occasions: no new story (so let's just throw the same thing into the new game), two characters, two stages (clearly marked on their website with no random box indicating more on the way), but DLC is surely planned.

The graphics certainly look better, but they are still jaggy, and largely look the same with the addition of some penguins and particle effects. The presentation is not great... I mean look at Last Round's font, they couldn't even add blending options to a basic photoshop offering.

If we're paying for 2 stages and 2 characters, why not just keep the Ultimate name going and release these as updates to the Ultimate game? Infact, the levels are just partially complete. Master goes in on that.

Even if a month later they say... oh... three stages... the game is not being hype because they aren't giving us anything to hype. God forbid we haven't even seen the new characters yet which could make everything slightly better or far worse.

What is your overall opinion on Last Round RIGHT now?

Feedback from professional Dead or Alive players:

"I'm with you. They need to give us new exciting stages. What happened to the rain stage from 2U? I mean, like animated rain. Water effect blah blah blah, it fucking LOOKED cool. And Crimson? They made it years ago, fucking finish the stage. Don't change it, take out the cliff hanger for all I care, just give me a full remake, not even a reimagining, a remake, of something you already made." - Lopedo

"We as players and community members deserve better. They need to know that . TECMO KOEI needs to know that." - Master

tokiopewpew

Standard Donor
Somehow, based on it's current presentation, I'm not worried about LR not being that phenomenal. The more hype there is before, the more are people usually disappointed once they've bought the game.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Somehow, based on it's current presentation, I'm not worried about LR not being that phenomenal. The more hype there is before, the more are people usually disappointed once they've bought the game.

You must not have played Nintendo's most recent offerings.

David Gregg

I think we're jumping the gun a little too soon here b/c, as you said, the game hasn't come out yet so we can't be happy with anything yet. These better be some damn incredible new characters though b/c that's what will determine whether all of this was worth it or not imo.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
I think jumping the gun is a proper thing to do before it's too late and you're paying 20 bucks on top of the 30-40 you're paying for retail. Look at their site. They always showed question marks for stages up and coming. This time around it says it very clearly "2 stages."

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
I can picture that element alone really hurting our growing offline scene. Something we've worked on building since DOA5's release.

David Gregg

I think jumping the gun is a proper thing to do before it's too late and you're paying 20 bucks on top of the 30-40 you're paying for retail. Look at their site. They always showed question marks for stages up and coming. This time around it says it very clearly "2 stages."

I think we should be more concise then with what we're concerned with. Not that there is a lack of content or that the stages are "incomplete" but that not all consoles will get the new stages which is a BIG deal. Everything else is minor in comparison.

Aspect

The two new stages don't do anything for me. I was hyped for ultimate, but last round is just meh to me. Maybe if TN didn't release all the new characters for ultimate and saved them for last round I'd be hyped. I don't feel like I'll be getting my money's worth if I end up buying it at release

werewolfgold

I am indeed feeling a large sense of "meh" when I think about it. Mainly for the reasons people have already stated. I suppose there could be more bells and whistles added (optional rain for a stage for example) that they could possibly add in the end, but they would probably let people know about that.

Thumbing through the suggestions list, there may be some hope for some small things (like maybe a new win quote thrown in there or something) that wouldn't be front page news, but...

I dunno. The meh isn't going away. It does feel largely the same. This is supposed to be the "bookend" but...the previous gen doesn't even get most of the swag from the upgrade.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Here's how I see it, if you intend to keep playing DOA5, you are going to get the game and you're going to play it. If you are playing it competitively offline, you have to get the game. However, having an incomplete game (not having access to new content like new stages, because that really does matter, a lot) is hindering play for those who don't own a PS4/XB1. Not everyone is going to go out and buy a new console for one game because of missing content, that's insane (and it is unfair anyway).

Whatever new content Last Round is going to have, it needs to be, as I said before, on all platforms. Tournaments as of right now are still going to be on the 360 and PS3. That content needs to be there.

And for the record, DOA5U is a very good game (only downside is the netcode). I'm 100% certain DOA5LR will be just as good and I'm looking forward to exploring that game inside and out.

But yeah, that character and stage content needs to hit all platforms (and those costumes and hairstyles, because I do actually want Ayane's new hairstyle).

oMASTER LEGENDo

Standard Donor
DOA stages are a Big part of what makes this game separate from the others. Dividing the content on Next-Gen then there's no point in buying Last Round for Last-Gen. Majority of "Smart people" know when their being screwed out of content. And then you have the majority who believes in "ME ME ME" i have a next gen console i don't care about everyone else as long as i get my costumes that's all i care about "Wrong". For Everyone and i mean Friends and players who can't yet afford next Gen console not everyone has a job or money to spend at "free will". I want everyone to have a "equal opportunity" to play DOA5LR. If your a big fan of incomplete games then keep supporting this kind of activity because the future of gamers is only going down hill. They should've just made it next-Gen exclusive so we wouldn't have to deal with this nonsense.:mad:

Last edited:

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
I dunno ...

On one side ... its an update... which is always great ...
on another .. its not that major like the transition from 5 to 5U ..

I welcome the new characters (although I hope the make is Raidou .. and not a clone of him)
and I welcome the new stages... adds a great element to the game.

Balance wise, I don't expect much because I strongly believe they got the formula right in 5U... but am looking forward to the tweaks here and there.. should be interesting.

I still feel we need more interactive stages... Aerial Gardens man... They even know it is the most requested stage...
Will it end up being DLC ? who knows...

But for now, there's not much to go by to pass judgement ... but will I get it ? definitely...

I'm curious to see their future model for DLC and if it would include more characters ... especially with how successful the 3 DLCs were.

HHH816

it would be better if they release the game exclusive only for ps4/xboxone cause it would a completely different game with new mechanics.

synce

Well it's good they're offering it as a free update to 5U users because I definitely wasn't going to buy it. They need to release balance proposals or info about the new characters because the game doesn't look interesting AT ALL right now.

d3v

I can picture that element alone really hurting our growing offline scene. Something we've worked on building since DOA5's release.
I don't see how exclusive stages are a bit deal.

Just ban them from tournaments. That's what the FGC does for other forms of exclusive content.

In any case, anyone with any business sense, it's plain retarded to expect the stages to come with the free update on last-gen consoles. They need to give some incentive for people to pick up the paid version for next-gen even if they already have the old version.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD