[Aug 18, 2012] I’m a Fighter World Championship: Round 2 (San Mateo, CA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrDogg

The IGN Pro League is proud to announce the next leg in the “I’m a Fighter World Championship”. What began at the Electronic Entertainment Expo will now continue at Hot Import Nights in San Mateo, CA. The event will take place on August 18th at the San Mateo County Event Center, as the best DOA players in the area go head-to-head with a brand new build of Dead or Alive 5. In addition to the tournament, casual stations will be available for players to practice and discover all of the new features and techniques in the game. The event will be broadcast live on doa.ign.com for DOA fans across the world to spectate!

The new build features 19 characters, including but not limited to: Ryu Hayabusa, Hayate, Ayane, Kasumi, Akira Yuki, Sarah Bryant, Bass Armstrong, Tina Armstrong, Bayman, Zack, Jann Lee, La Mariposa, Leifang, Hitomi, Christie, Rig and Kokoro.

http://www.ign.com/ipl/all/news/im-a-fighter-world-championship-round-2/

Hot Import Nights
San Mateo County Event Center
1346 Saratoga Drive
San Mateo, CA 94403
http://www.hotimportnights.com/2012/07/august-18-2012-san-mateo-county-event-center-san-mateo-ca/
*You must purchase a ticket to enter the event.

Date, Time and Schedule

August 18, 2012
3PM - Doors Open; Casual Play (UPDATED!!!)
4PM - First Qualifying Pool (single elimination)
6PM - Second Qualifying Pool (single elimination)
8PM - Top 8 Finals (double elimination)

Prizing

1st Place - $1,400 and a trip to the Dead or Alive 5 launch party in September!
2nd Place - $400
3rd Place - $200

daman077c

San Francisco, Oakland or San Jose. SFO and Oakland are closer than San Jose. I think San Jose would be an hour or more away.

Half hour by car, according to Google maps. If you're taking Cal Train it'll be longer. San Francisco's his best bet, though it's probably going to be more expensive.

The only thing I'm not looking forward to is the fact that I don't have a car, so it'll be Greyhound for me, leaving from Marysville the night prior (8/17), arriving in San Francisco at 1:30AM the next day, then having to kill time ALL morning to get on Cal Train next to AT&T Park to get to San Mateo, and then most of the day until the show opens at 3. Worst yet, there's next to nothing around the Events Center aside from shopping, so that just makes everything sorta worse.

Still, playing for a chance at $1,400 and a trip to the launch party, not to mention getting to play DOA 5 before it's released is really worth it. :D

daman077c

It opens at 4pm now. They pushed it back an hour sometime last week. >_<

ARRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHH...... I'm seriously going to have to find all of the competitive players that are going to be there and just hang out with them to kill time, because otherwise I'll go insane. :mad:

IceMage95

Finally a DOA5 event somewhere local for me! Does anyone know if there is a minimum age to compete in the tournament?

DrDogg

Tenren

Dogg do you know if you are knocked out of a pool can you sign up for the other pool, also can you switch out controllers or stuck to the 360pad like last time?

daman077c

Dogg do you know if you are knocked out of a pool can you sign up for the other pool, also can you switch out controllers or stuck to the 360pad like last time?

I'd assume it's like a regular tournament - you lose, you can't get back in by entering another pool.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
That's mainly because pools weren't decided until the moment the pool was being run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD