[Aug 25, 2012] GVN Summer Jam VI - Aug 25 & 26 - Philly,PA (Philadelphia, PA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrDogg

Nice! Congrats on this guys!

Questions...

1. What's the prize structure?
2. Is it 100% confirmed that there will be a DOA5 tournament and not just casual stations?
3. What day will the DOA5 tournament be held?
4. Am I allowed to enter?
5. Can we use our own controllers/sticks for the DOA5 tournament?

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Anyone can enter. At this time, the prize structure is 70-20-10. However, it is subject to change though notice will be given of it changing if it does.

TRI Mike

It would be excellent to go. It's in two months so if some things go right down here I might fly up there.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
It would be excellent to go. It's in two months so if some things go right down here I might fly up there.

Hey, there may be others near by or on the way who might like to save some cash by sharing a hotel room/ride to the event. It's been done before.

daman077c

Oh, to live on the west coast of the US and not have the money to go. :(

I wish there was something like this here in California (Or even at EVO) outside of what they did at E3.

TRI Mike

It's very unlikely that I'll go. Mostly because of money reasons but there's a small chance that I could just delay some things and make the trip.

DrDogg

Anyone can enter. At this time, the prize structure is 70-20-10. However, it is subject to change though notice will be given of it changing if it does.

Are you sure? I would have a major advantage if I entered this thing.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
It is going to be a different build, balance-wise, with other characters. Helena, maybe? If you can go, go. Competition should actually be pretty good as-is.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Oh, to live on the west coast of the US and not have the money to go. :(

I wish there was something like this here in California (Or even at EVO) outside of what they did at E3.

Keep an eye out to see if any of the IPL public showings will be in Cali, it's possible.

It's very unlikely that I'll go. Mostly because of money reasons but there's a small chance that I could just delay some things and make the trip.

I don't know what you would be delaying so it's cool. It's up to you in the end. I just know that I wonder what you would think after arriving home about your trip to America and meeting all the fellow fans of the game/playing the hell out of the game. :)

DrDogg

It is going to be a different build, balance-wise, with other characters. Helena, maybe? If you can go, go. Competition should actually be pretty good as-is.

By the time this tournament takes place, the strategy guide will be done.

I should be able to go, but it wouldn't be out of the question for me to be banned from competing. That's why I'm asking.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Keep in mind that this will not be the finished game. I'm told it's going to be a locked demo with only versus available and some characters may be locked off. Any unlocked characters will be their final state in regard to balancing/move set.

Questions...

1. What's the prize structure?
2. Is it 100% confirmed that there will be a DOA5 tournament and not just casual stations?
3. What day will the DOA5 tournament be held?
4. Am I allowed to enter?
5. Can we use our own controllers/sticks for the DOA5 tournament?

Just noticed you added some:
1. 70-20-10
2. The game will be available on at least two PlayStation 3s and two Xbox 360s for free play whenever the tournament is not being run. There may be one additional system of each for free play throughout the event. That is the current plan, again any changes will have me update the thread promptly.
3. The Philly tournaments always do Teams first then Singles. Saturday will have both tournaments begin with Teams starting first and ending on Saturday. If the singles has enough entrants then it will continue onto Sunday. Top eight of Singles might play on stream on Sunday.
4. Yes, you are allowed to compete.
5. No controllers or arcade sticks will be provided. There will be arcade sticks available for purchase from the Mad Catz booth, and dual modification work is typically available by Gummowned next to the door. It's recommended to be prepared to play on either system so dual modded arcade sticks are recommended.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD