DOA5LR Ayane Combo Discussion

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
Nice. I'm going to have to practice it soon. Gotta be prepared for Final Round in case DZ decides to rear its ugly head in the random stage select.

Aerospark

Standard Donor
I wouldn't risk using that combo though unless you're feeling cool and edgy and wild. It's nothing but high hits and can probably be SE'd lmao.

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
Tbh, Ayane doesn't need CB combo damage. She gets way more damage from her launchers.

Koompbala

I forgot I responded to this topic at one point. Anyway your answer Jyakotu makes no sense. You get damage from a CB by launching. That's the whole point of a CB in the first place. To get a free launch into a combo. What I seen online is Post CB back dash 4P+K (so the 2nd P hits only) BT 6P, 4P+K and some other stuff I can't remember. I don't main her, but I had that crap done to me multiple times before.

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
What I'm saying is that Ayane doesn't really NEED to try and get CB, because she has enough launchers to get the damage she needs.

Lulu

What I'm saying is that Ayane doesn't really NEED to try and get CB, because she has enough launchers to get the damage she needs.

Actually since Ayane has two CB's why not go for it..... ?
Theres this dirty lil Set Up @iHajinShinobi uses, its so good.
You know there are some set ups that allow you to jab your oppenent at the Critical Threshold without Knocking them done...... Ayane's one is dangerous because she turns around when she does it, so if you're opponent is expecting a mid punch CB at threshold then just poke at them once and use the BT CB. I don't know if it works Vice Versa but this set up is so good I stole it and started using it with my Characters. ;)

Unless you already knew this and don't use it for some reaaon. I'd be embarrassed if I've been using a useless technique all this time.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Jyakotu only says that because he's following along what I and some others here have said about Ayane critical burst, he doesn't actually know why it's sub-optimal to her play.

Critical Bursting as Ayane is fine, there has never been anything wrong with doing it. However, the damage she gets out of Critical Burst is not much than the damage she'll get just from setting up good stun > launch mix ups that will more than likely send someone flying into a wall or other piece of environment that will set up your next move without risking more than necessary for almost the same damage (KK > 4P+K can lead into 103 on neutral hit, 129 on counter hit and that's mid screen from simple stun > launch).

That's what I've always said and it is still true even in Last Round, another reason why I've always said this is simply due to the fact that trying to optimize a Critical Burst heavy style of play with this character makes your damage attempts obvious in the long run. Making you a lot easier to read. There is a reason why these types of players never do well at an offline tournament.

If anything, Ayane's CB from BT stance plays a much more significant role as threshold extension, a high crush and a solid range tool.

Lulu

That might explain why I get so turned around and confused when using Ayane........ actually now that I think of it.... I've only seen you use it once.

Well Ayane might not need it but its done absolute wonders for my Tina and Rachel (They don't need it either but its a nice Ace to have up my sleeve)

Lulu

Especially characters that have crazy Relaunch properties on some of their moves, Sarah's 33H+K sends opponents unnaturally high given the speed and recovery on that thing.

ShinMaruku

I am so glad I never do her critical burst, I just want to put people into the wall and watch people's life disappear.

OBEYA

I am bad in english, but i need to ask about cb combo. I found best cb on midweight. Can you tell me best cb combo for another weight classes (featherweight, light, heavy)

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD