DOA5LR Ayane General Gameplay Discussion

Lulu

Totally need to finish up my Ayane video tutorial soon.

I thought you would wait for the Balance Patch First.... either way I'm glad you are getting closer to finishing it. ;)

Anyway.

Did anybody ever notice How "Grabby" Ayane his... her Jumping throw has Tracking.... something the other Grapplers don't usually have (although they have offensive holds to compensate for that). And from her Back Turned State her Neutral throw and Low Throw are i6...... which is staggering fast even by grappling standards.

Dare I go as far as saying shes a better Grappler than Hayabusa ?..... hmmmmm.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Ayane is not in the grappler class, her throw damage is just very good for what it is as a striker. Both Hayate and Hayabusa deal more throw damage than she does. The difference is that Hayabusa is a hybrid of grappler and striker because he has i6 frame throws, instead of i7. Hayate's throw damage only really gets up there if its from his 41236T/Raijin, the rest of his throws are just very good on damage. But he is not of the grappler class.

Lulu

Yeah throw damage is certainly a grappler's characteristic but I was very interested in the Properties and Nuances to her Throws.... I like the Fact she can Throw while Backturned when Hayabusa can't.....

I also Checked Brad Wong's Back Turned Throws and they are also i6....

I always though that specific throw speed was unique only to the Legendary "Grappling Four".

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
So I came across something a little interesting in DOA5+ earlier today on my way to work.

PPK: When you do Jab into delayed PK, if someone tries hitting buttons at delayed PK, the PK is a natural combo. Works the same way in Last Round (assumption is that it's always been a natural combo this way). Never noticed this before.

Explains even further why she received BT PK as a string in DOA5U.

ShinMaruku

Hey guys, I'm new to the forums.
ayane_by_nio_by_nio107-d8pfelv.png

Lulu

I got my "Well Known Member" Title pretty quickly.... I think it took me 3 months atleast.

Hey do you think we can get a "Traitor" title for well known members who abandon FSD for too long? ;)

Red dragon

I got my "Well Known Member" Title pretty quickly.... I think it took me 3 months atleast.

Hey do you think we can get a "Traitor" title for well known members who abandon FSD for too long? ;)

if that was the case, i might have gotten that title a while back but traitor doesnt suit me at all. ive always been loyal.........

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Hello everyone, been awhile since I've actually posted in here.

I am presenting some viable data for situations involving trades via jab. This shows how much positive frame advantage Ayane is actually at after she has traded jabs with an i9 or i10 frame jab opponent.

Before I have mentioned that Ayane's jab is very unique compared to any other character in the game. When she jabs while facing forward, only a hitbox extends forward while her hurtbox actually shifts back a bit. So when she's jabbing, she is likely to hit something the opponent sticks out with proper spacing, instead of her getting hit by something. This is a very good and unique property she has because it literally means that if she trades jab with another character, they have no high or mid neutral strike to challenge her if she jabs again after the jab trade (she will always win the challenge).

The overall counter hit advantage Ayane gains off jab is +3. However in a situation of a trade, it'll vary, but she will always win after the trade with another jab no matter what if the opponent decides to challenge with a high or mid neutral strike. The variance is going to be displayed so you will learn to know what your other options actually could be outside of another jab after a trade.

The following is to be treated under the assumption that you've clashed/traded jabs with the opponent character. The list displays how much frame advantage Ayane will always gain after a trade.

Against an i10 frame jab character:

vs Ayane: +0 - In the mirror match, this situation does not apply since you are using the same character with this unique property.
vs Akira: +2
vs Ein: +1
vs Eliot: +3
vs Genfu: +3
vs Hayabusa: +3
vs Hayate: +2
vs Hitomi: +1
vs Jacky: +3
vs Jannlee: +3
vs Kokoro: +1
vs Leifang: +1
vs Marie Rose: +2
vs Mila: +3
vs: Momiji: +1
vs Rig: +2
vs Sarah: +4
vs Zack: +3

Against an i9 frame jab character. This is when you've gained a +1 advantage from something such as BT6K at range or 66KK4 on block. However against Kasumi and Phase 4, if they block your BT6K even up close for +0, their jab with clash/trade with Ayane's anyway.

vs Alpha 152: +2
vs Christie: +2
vs Honoka: +1
vs Kasumi: +3
vs Pai: +3
vs Phase 4: +3

How I got the data:

Setting the training dummy's Com Reaction to Strike - High Punch. Hitting the dummy with 2P on neutral then jab so we'll trade. Another way was to set the training dummy's Com Action to Guard All and Com Reaction to Strike - High Punch. Do BT6K on block then jab so we'll trade. I'd repeat the process against myself as well with having Ayane as the training dummy.

Another thing I did was use a character that has a +0 on block move, then trade jabs afterward. Same result.

Point is, a basic trade like this favors Ayane no matter what.

Last edited:

Lulu

This is absolutely fantastic tech.... great work :) .

Speaking of Trades..... okay so I know priority is determined by base attack damage...... how ever does this apply to all scenarios ?

I've always wonder if trades happen when the attacking hitboxes collide with eachother.....

But then I thought what if the attacking hitbox don't collide with each other but both of them land on the opponent's hurtbox at the same time.

Or to put it simply: do attacks of different hit leves still trade ? If so then how ?

Lulu

If two moves are of the same frame and damage base, they will trade if done at the same time.

Well yeah.... I already knew that.... what I meant was what if one attack is a High and the other Attack is a Low ?

Obviously those two attacking hitboxes won't touch each other but they will still make their way to each other's opponent's Vulnerable Hurtboxes (gosh that was a mouthful).

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Bro,could you please tell me how to input this this backward helicopter kick trick at At 4:40 ?Looks awesome!:oops:

P+KP3 > H+K.

The timing after P+KP3 into H+K is tricky at first. You want to press H+K about half a second (or one second) after Ayane has finished spinning out of P+KP3.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn, I've ignored 3H+K vs throw attempts for far too long.

103 on hi counter with 66KK4 > BT4P~K
89 on hi counter with 66KK4 > BT7K
63 on hi counter with running drill kick

And totally safe at -3 if you read wrong.

Throwing 4P out the window and training myself to make it my go to against throw attempts from the opponent's pressure.

MomijiMania

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn, I've ignored 3H+K vs throw attempts for far too long.

103 on hi counter with 66KK4 > BT4P~K
89 on hi counter with 66KK4 > BT7K
63 on hi counter with running drill kick

And totally safe at -3 if you read wrong.

Throwing 4P out the window and training myself to make it my go to against throw attempts from the opponent's pressure.
Usually,How to get a HI 3H+K?
People may not want to throw at a distance I suppose?

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
I am referring to a situation when someone wants to attempt to throw you after pressuring you in Critical Stun threshold (trying to bait you to hold). Instead of opting for a 4P or whatever, 3H+K instead.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD