DOA5LR Ayane General Gameplay Discussion

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Is there a good combo to capitalize on CBs and launches? 8KK(after a CB) PP4PP8K is what I usually go for, but I feel like I can do more than that.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
What I use;

Under the assumption you landed a Critical Burst

BT3P > BT6P < 8KK > BTPP4PP7K on lights, super light, feather and welter weights

BT3P > BTPP6P Free cancel > BTPP4PP7K on everyone else except for super heavy weights

4K 66KK4 > BT4P~K on super heavy weights.

These are midscreen juggles.

By a wall, do the second juggle that hits everyone. For super heavy weights, do BT3P > BTPP6P > BT6P

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
What I use;

Under the assumption you landed a Critical Burst

BT3P > BT6P < 8KK > BTPP4PP7K on lights, super light, feather and welter weights

BT3P > BTPP6P Free cancel > BTPP4PP7K on everyone else except for super heavy weights

4K 66KK4 > BT4P~K on super heavy weights.

These are midscreen juggles.

By a wall, do the second juggle that hits everyone. For super heavy weights, do BT3P > BTPP6P > BT6P
Thank you!

Alucardo

btw BT 7K is i11 :p

So I had a little glitch today it's the second time it happen for me offline this time I was streaming it's at 1:17:41 I've canceled the reccovery of a 8K+H by a 8KKK (last time it was with a KK) Maybe it's already know but if not I'm sharing it, it seem I have to do the second imput on a right time I guess, I don't know if I can master the timing.

at 1:17:42

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
btw BT 7K is i11 :p

So I had a little glitch today it's the second time it happen for me offline this time I was streaming it's at 1:17:41 I've canceled the reccovery of a 8K+H by a 8KKK (last time it was with a KK) Maybe it's already know but if not I'm sharing it, it seem I have to do the second imput on a right time I guess, I don't know if I can master the timing.

at 1:17:42

Interesting....I'll try to replicate it if I can and see what's going on.

Lulu

Ayane has has really really short stuns..... which makes sense because her launchers are much faster than Akira's..... but how the hell does one get a Critical Burst ? :eek:

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Ayane's stuns aren't short, lol. You're not going to be stagger escaping this character, who has an immense amount of reliably fast launchers, string launchers and natural combos.

You get critical burst from simply conditioning the opponent into a simple mix up.

Examples:

1) Stun > P+KPP > Launcher or CB

2) Stun > PK > Launcher or CB

In both examples you have to guess, there is no amount of stagger escaping that will allow you out of these. You HAVE to guess. Ayane stuns you and you are going to be guessing at 50/50s often.

Lulu

Yeah I know of those two......... I was hoping for a whole lot more..... seems like its easy to get stuck in pattetns when using her.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Yeah I know of those two......... I was hoping for a whole lot more..... seems like its easy to get stuck in pattetns when using her.

They are examples, not the only thing the character can do.

I find it redundant that I need to write out an entire list of something in order for you to understand what I said is already easy to comprehend.

As for the patterns remark, characters don't have patterns, players do.

Lulu

They are examples, not the only thing the character can do.

I find it redundant that I need to write out an entire list of something in order for you to understand what I said is already easy to comprehend.

As for the patterns remark, characters don't have patterns, players do.

I remember you telling me that getting to critical burst with Ayane isn't worth. However I also noticed it isn't as easy with her as it is with Momiji either.

Just wanted to let you know which character I was using as a starting point.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
I said it's not ideal to revolve strategy around critical burst with Ayane, because it makes someone's playstyle predictable. There is truth to what I say because these players do not place in anything, anywhere.

Lulu

I haven't heard from this Board in a while. Hope everybody is still alive.

So some time has passed and I have learned a few things (none of which having anything to do with DoA) so once again I shall give Ayane a chance. Unfortunately I have no Intention of playing Ayane the way shes mean to be played (Sorry Hajin). I just don't learn that way, unfortunately..... so I'l play her wrong until I'm comfortable with her then I'l play her right. You know..... kinda like how the Light Bulb was invented. ;)

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
I haven't heard from this Board in a while. Hope everybody is still alive.

So some time has passed and I have learned a few things (none of which having anything to do with DoA) so once again I shall give Ayane a chance. Unfortunately I have no Intention of playing Ayane the way shes mean to be played (Sorry Hajin). I just don't learn that way, unfortunately..... so I'l play her wrong until I'm comfortable with her then I'l play her right. You know..... kinda like how the Light Bulb was invented. ;)

I don't understand why my name was mentioned? I don't care how you play the character, lol.

I put the information out there, up to you to do what you want with it. Doesn't affect me.

Lulu

LoL.... sorry.... I was presumptuous.

Anyway.... I'm certain the information will of value to me once I become competant with Ayane (and the game in general).

Until then.....

Lulu

Well this is interesting..... Ayane's:6::4::F: seems to always you and the Opponent in Open Stance..... Hmmmmm
:6::P:
BT :P::P:
:4::H+K:
:) so Greedy !!!

og23

Hey all, I was wondering what can she land off of a BT6K sitdown stun, I feel like I should know this, but I use the move very little, I'm looking to change that, but I don't know what the guaranteed max damage combo is, should I just 236K?

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
236K is a guaranteed hit, decent damage and significant push back which is good since it'll get the opponent closer to a wall.

4K after BT6K is also optimal for a ground bounce launcher. You can follow up with 66KK4 > BT4P~K on light weight characters (this applies to middle female as well). And 4P~K or PP6K2K on middle weight and higher.

Your combo on light weight or middle weight female will always be 80+ or more. Middle weight male or higher weight it'll always be 60+ or more.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD