DOA5LR Ayane Q&A Thread

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
npmn9l.jpg

Ask a question in reference to Ayane in Dead or Alive 5 Last Round here, and you shall get an answer. Simple, really. No matter how basic, simplistic, small, or large a question is, ask what you want here, and you will be assisted. Story related (her background, origin, etc), gameplay related (Ayane basics, intermediate, advanced, Command Training, Combo Challenge, other concerns, etc etc)

I will do my best to answer any questions, as well as any other members here will do so.

Here are a few things in reference to Ayane that you may look into, incase the information you're looking for may already be present;

The Butterfly Kunoichi - DOA5U Ayane Breakdown - By HajinShinobi

DOA5U Viable Ayane Combo Video - By HajinShinobi

DOA5U Ayane's Top 10 Moves - By HajinShinobi

Ayane Power Launcher Combo Video - By 866AiN999

Homework Time! Footsies and Spacing 101 - By HajinShinobi

Last edited:

Aerospark

Standard Donor
My first question is how do I deal with people fucking up my spacing and range game while crushing everything I throw out

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
You need to ensure you choose the right strike for the right situation. Each tool has it's purpose, it's own intended purpose. Neutral K (or 5K) is your fastest ranged poke at i12 frames, for example, your second (or group) would be 6P/6PK, BT6P (whiff punish and strong against approaches), BT2P, all at i13 frames.

If players are in that kind of close range, you may want to poke with one of those. A bit further out, you have 3P and 3K at i15 frames while facing forward, and BT6K (i15) and BT2K (i18 low but BT2P has good range as well so you can utilize that at the same range, it's just a bit shorter though) while your back is turned, for example. Each tool is supposed to be applied at it's respective range due to length and speed. So 3H+K and BT4H+K, for example, are going to be your longer mid ranged tools.

You're not getting crushed at range, you're basically losing out in the range game due to timing on your poke speed or just simply being out damaged.

This is why I've always said that you'll have to pay close attention to your footing and your opponent's, so you have an idea of what strike to use at that given moment, or if things are to change a lot sooner, you want to prepare your options for it. It's essential in spacing to pay attention to where you stand all the time, it really will make a difference.

In general, you have to make the opponent respect your spacing ability, because anyone will run up and YOLO if you don't.

DoANoob

I have a question, It's about Ayane's :6::K::2::K:. I was sparring with the training dummy on difficulty 5, it used that move and other moves similar to it(I'm trying to react to low strikes). the:2::K: part is -12 on block so I try to low throw punish it, but somehow i can't as I get HCH by another one of her strikes. What does that mean really?

Intelligent Alpha

I have a question, It's about Ayane's :6::K::2::K:. I was sparring with the training dummy on difficulty 5, it used that move and other moves similar to it(I'm trying to react to low strikes). the:2::K: part is -12 on block so I try to low throw punish it, but somehow i can't as I get HCH by another one of her strikes. What does that mean really?

Strikes beat out throws! Somehow it's "easier" to mash out a strike to beat a throw rather than tech it! I can understand the difficulty with Bass & Tina (i4 frame throws), but you can still beat them out by either method. You have to be on point!

DoANoob

Strikes beat out throws! Somehow it's "easier" to mash out a strike to beat a throw rather than tech it! I can understand the difficulty with Bass & Tina (i4 frame throws), but you can still beat them out by either method. You have to be on point!
I understand the triangle system. I'm saying though, since the move was -12 on block, you wouldn't be able to attack again(i think) due to the recovery frames after so I thought a throw punish was a guarantee. I'm still trying to understand how frame data works since I'm still new to fighting games. I guess I misinterpreted the result.

Intelligent Alpha

I understand the triangle system. I'm saying though, since the move was -12 on block, you wouldn't be able to attack again(i think) due to the recovery frames after so I thought a throw punish was a guarantee. I'm still trying to understand how frame data works since I'm still new to fighting games. I guess I misinterpreted the result.

But if the second kick is faster than you'll get hit! There are two parts to a throw: The grabbing animation and the throw itself. If the throwing animation didn't occur before the (active frames?) of the second part of the kick, you'd get beat out. (I'm trying to understand frame data as well)

DoANoob

But if the second kick is faster than you'll get hit! There are two parts to a throw: The grabbing animation and the throw itself. If the throwing animation didn't occur before the (active frames?) of the second part of the kick, you'd get beat out. (I'm trying to understand frame data as well)
No no I mean after the full combo. The full :6::K::2::K: altogether is -12 on block. Here's what I mean; Ayane starts with the Mid :6::K:, then she ends the combo with the low :2::K:. That whole combo is -12 on block. Since I waited for the full combo to be executed, I tried to go for a low throw punish since the low kick puts her in a crouch(I think), but she did an entirely different strike while I was trying to throw punish which put me in HCH.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor

6K2K is low throw punishable on block and/or if it whiffs closely. You'll have to be on point (react) with your throw punishment, but that is definitley low throw punishable.

DoANoob

6K2K is low throw punishable on block and/or if it whiffs closely. You do have to be on point with your throw punishment, but that is definitley low throw punishable.
So my timing has to be very precise to get the low throw, especially if I'm sparring with the AI? Wow.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Punishment remains as is, regardless of a human opponent or A.I. offline. You definitely have to react accordingly when you want to correctly punish something.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor

If the AI struck you during your throw attempt, chances are you were too slow on your throw. Frames can go by extremely quickly. 1 frame = 1/60 of second since there are 60 frames per second. You need to be instant with your punishment for it to be successful. Though the stronger low throw tends to be about i7 or 7 frames so you do get a bit of leeway. For throw punishment, a general rule of thumb is to give yourself about 1 or 2 frames (or more) of leeway for the punishment. E.g. Using an i7 throw to punish -9 as opposed to using that i7 throw to punish -7.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD