DOA5U Ayane's Top 10 Moves by HajinShinobi

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
In this thread, I will list what are in my opinion, Ayane's best moves in this game. Each move (whether it is a strike or throw) will be listed and I will also give a bit of detail for each move. Keep in mind that it is very hard to narrow this down to just 10 moves. There are several moves this character has I feel are amazing, so I have to pick and choose what really stands above others.

This list is subject to change, if I feel a bit differently about something later on.

1) Neutral P - i10 frame jab/high. +0 on neutral hit, +3 on counter hit, -1 on block. Fastest and safest option up close while facing foward. Has string follow ups from PP, while P itself will leave her in backturn stance. This allows for different kind of set ups no other character has without additional inputs.

Do note that neutral PP is also a natural combo (2 in 1) on neutral hit and counter hit. It is also a true block string, in that you cannot hold, crouch, or fuzzy guard neutral PP. It also tracks, so you cannot side step it. Her BT PP is also natural combo (2 in 1) on neutral hit and counter hit. And a true block string on block.

Ayane's neutral jab allows her to mix up from backturn stance using various strikes high, mid and low. She has access to throws while in backturn stance. P > BT8P is also a staple in her arsenal, this allows her to move further away from the opponent and reset the situation to R1F (Round 1 Fight) once more.

This is very good because it makes players chase Ayane. It also allows you to see how players are responding to you and you can decide how to deal with them the next time you set something up.

2) 2P - i12 frame low jab. +0 on neutral hit, and +4 on counter and hi counter hit. -4 on block. This is one of Ayane's best pressure tools up close. Abusing it correctly can exhaust an opponent's options, and make them do things that force the most basic tools to come into play. Allowing you to do a lot more than usual, while opponent's worry about your low along with everything else.

The slower the character, the more effective this becomes. At average speed, it's viable but keep your wits about it and know when it is the right time to poke with 2P. Against faster character, you'll have to pick and choose the right moments because their mid is fast (i11 frames), so you must have your wits about it. But definitely still doable.

3) Neutral K - i12 frame high kick.+2 on neutral hit, +25 stun on counter hit and threshold. -10 on block, and has tracking. Also has follow ups to KK/KKK/KK2K and the follow ups are delayable. Neutral K is a very strong tool for several reasons. It's a fast high poke at i12 frames with 27 damage. Allowing Ayane to combat characters with i12 mids and out prioritize their mid at neutral due to damage output. So always keep in mind that Ayane does not always need her mids to fight up close, she has this, her neutral jab and 2P for this.

Neutral K also means that Ayane has an easier time versus characters with special punch holds, punch parries or sabakis (same applies with 6K). Neutral K even has enough range on it to work as a range poke, and even a keep out tool. It's -10 on block, but one wouldn't dare throw it because of delayable follow ups. Not to mention K can be roll cancelled by doing K6 (preferrably K64 to do precisely one roll instead of two). K6 on counter hit or threshold can be a very strong mix up. Opponents have to respect the BT6H+K and BT6H+P mix up in stun, as well as any strike mix up. This becomes a good 50/50.

4) 3H+K - i19 frame mid kick. Bound stun on all hit status, and -3 on block. 3H+K tracks and has a lot of range, easily making it fantastic for keep out, a range poke, and whiff punishment. An ideal tool at mid range. If it is blocked at range, doing BT8P keeps you out of harm's way and safe. Letting 3H+K get blocked can also work as a strategy to see what opponents are trying to do after it is blocked. Let's you set them up next time. The bound stun allows for guaranteed damage if you follow up.

5) 6P - i13 frame mid punch. Has a mid punch, mid kick, and spin cancel follow ups. 6P does not track. Stuns on counter hit, hi counter hit and threshold. It can also high crush "all jabs" at the start of their active frames as well. 6P is a dangerous mid and a force to be reckon with. 6P3 also becomes a must-hold 50/50 on counter hit and threshold because of 6P3P. Opponents cannot stagger escape 6P's stun in time to block 6P3P, or jabs, or BTP+KP for that matter. If they hold out of stun, 6P3P will pop them nonetheless and you get solid juggle damage.

6P3 can also act as Integrated Movement at a distance, along with 6P3[4] (leaves you in backturn stance). It lets you move forward deceptively since 6P3 has two follow ups. One being a normal hit launcher, the other a series of tracking low sweeps. This means you can also feint with 6P3 as you move forward, or just want to move around in general. This sort of movement and other ways of movement can be very dangerous if applied right.

6) 4K - i16 frame mid kick. +25 on sitdown stun, -12 on block. This move here, is amazing as whiff punishment. Any time someone is within' strike range and they are whiffing anything with enough recovery, SMACK! I will sit their ass down and launch them with 4P and follow up for 60+ damage. 4K is very difficult to stagger escape, but even if someone actually manages to stagger it at fastest, 6P3 and 6K are 100% guaranteed anyway. Preferrably a 6P3 in this case, since it forces the must-hold 50/50.

4K is also a solid ground bounce launcher as well in threshold, hi counter hit, and on opponents with their backs turned.

7) 3P - i15 frame mid punch that has a mid punch and low sweep follow ups. 3P does not track, neither does 3PK. 3PP does track, however. 3PK is low throw punishable on block, while 3PP can be thrown or strike punished at -14 on block. However, both follow ups are delayable, making it difficult to determine whether Ayane will finish the string or free cancel. And if opponents are crazy enough to attempt to throw a 3P free cancel, then smack them with 3PP on hi counter hit for trying. Stuns on counter, hi counter hit and in threshold. This is Ayane’s Bread n Butter range poke.

8) 64H+P - i12 frame standing throw, gives Ayane +16 advantage and allowing a lot of guaranteed follow ups for both high and raw damage, and strong mix ups that includes throw loops. Same would apply for her 64H advanced mid punch hold. If you're going for raw damage off this throw, it's best to do 4P+K to launch since you have a plethora of juggles to follow it up with. Easily netting you 60-74 damage. This throw is ideal when punishing anything that is unsafe at -13 or more as throw punishment, as long as that strike or string leaves them facing foward and standing.

9) 4P - i15 mid punch. 4p itself tracks, as well as the high kick and low sweep follow ups. 4P launches counter hit, hi counter hit and threshold. BT 4P stuns on neutral hit and launches in threshold, counter hit and hi counter hit. This is Ayane’s infamous mid punch with a fairly high priority in high crushing. Always leads into very good damage if it crushes something. Both 4P and BT 4P are 15 frames and have the same move properties.

10) BT6K - i15 frame mid kick. This move here, I feel like a lot of Ayane players underrate it a lot. It seriously doesn't have any drawbacks, at all. It's a i15 frame true mid kick, +4 on neutral hit, +30 sitdown stun in threshold and counter hit. While being +0 on block and +1 at range on block, also has pushback on block, letting Ayane run away if she wants.

When you land that sitdown stun in threshold or counter hit, doing a fast 66 into 4K will net you a ground bounce launcher that cannot be stagger escaped before the 4K hit confirms. Giving you a 66KK4 BT7K/BT4P~K juggle on feather to middle weight (women), to cruiser (Helena) to heavy weight (Genfu). Middle weight (Men) and Super heavy weight you can follow up with 4P~K or 3PK (for possible pseudo force tech/oki) due to distance from the 4K ground bounce launcher.

Last edited:

CrudeRaven

In this thread, I will list what are in my opinion, Ayane's best moves in this game. Each move (whether it is a strike or throw) will be listed and I will also give a bit of detail for each move. Keep in mind that it is very hard to narrow this down to just 10 moves. There are several moves this character has I feel are amazing, so I have to pick and choose what really stands above others.

This list is subject to change, if I feel a bit differently about something later on.

1) Neutral P - i10 frame jab/high. +0 on neutral hit, +3 on counter hit, -1 on block. Fastest and safest option up close while facing foward. Has string follow ups from PP, while P itself will leave her in backturn stance. This allows for different kind of set ups no other character has without additional inputs.

Do note that neutral PP is also a natural combo (2 in 1) on neutral hit and counter hit. It is also a true block string, in that you cannot hold, crouch, or fuzzy guard neutral PP. It also tracks, so you cannot side step it. Her BT PP is also natural combo (2 in 1) on neutral hit and counter hit. And a true block string on block.

Ayane's neutral jab allows her to mix up from backturn stance using various strikes high, mid and low. She has access to throws while in backturn stance. P > BT8P is also a staple in her arsenal, this allows her to move further away from the opponent and reset the situation to R1F (Round 1 Fight) once more.

This is very good because it makes players chase Ayane. It also allows you to see how players are responding to you and you can decide how to deal with them the next time you set something up.

2) 2P - i12 frame low jab. +0 on neutral hit, and +4 on counter and hi counter hit. -4 on block. This is one of Ayane's best pressure tools up close. Abusing it correctly can exhaust an opponent's options, and make them do things that force the most basic tools to come into play. Allowing you to do a lot more than usual, while opponent's worry about your low along with everything else.

The slower the character, the more effective this becomes. At average speed, it's viable but keep your wits about it and know when it is the right time to poke with 2P. Against faster character, you'll have to pick and choose the right moments because their mid is fast (i11 frames), so you must have your wits about it. But definitely still doable.

3) Neutral K - i12 frame high kick.+2 on neutral hit, +25 stun on counter hit and threshold. -10 on block, and has tracking. Also has follow ups to KK/KKK/KK2K and the follow ups are delayable. Neutral K is a very strong tool for several reasons. It's a fast high poke at i12 frames with 27 damage. Allowing Ayane to combat characters with i12 mids and out prioritize their mid at neutral due to damage output. So always keep in mind that Ayane does not always need her mids to fight up close, she has this, her neutral jab and 2P for this.

Neutral K also means that Ayane has an easier time versus characters with special punch holds, punch parries or sabakis (same applies with 6K). Neutral K even has enough range on it to work as a range poke, and even a keep out tool. It's -10 on block, but one wouldn't dare throw it because of delayable follow ups. Not to mention K can be roll cancelled by doing K6 (preferrably K64 to do precisely one roll instead of two). K6 on counter hit or threshold can be a very strong mix up. Opponents have to respect the BT6H+K and BT6H+P mix up in stun, as well as any strike mix up. This becomes a good 50/50.

4) 3H+K - i19 frame mid kick. Bound stun on all hit status, and -3 on block. 3H+K tracks and has a lot of range, easily making it fantastic for keep out, a range poke, and whiff punishment. An ideal tool at mid range. If it is blocked at range, doing BT8P keeps you out of harm's way and safe. Letting 3H+K get blocked can also work as a strategy to see what opponents are trying to do after it is blocked. Let's you set them up next time. The bound stun allows for guaranteed damage if you follow up.

5) 6P - i13 frame mid punch. Has a mid punch, mid kick, and spin cancel follow ups. 6P does not track. Stuns on counter hit, hi counter hit and threshold. It can also high crush "all jabs" at the start of their active frames as well. 6P is a dangerous mid and a force to be reckon with. 6P3 also becomes a must-hold 50/50 on counter hit and threshold because of 6P3P. Opponents cannot stagger escape 6P's stun in time to block 6P3P, or jabs, or BTP+KP for that matter. If they hold out of stun, 6P3P will pop them nonetheless and you get solid juggle damage.

6P3 can also act as Integrated Movement at a distance, along with 6P3[4] (leaves you in backturn stance). It lets you move forward deceptively since 6P3 has two follow ups. One being a normal hit launcher, the other a series of tracking low sweeps. This means you can also feint with 6P3 as you move forward, or just want to move around in general. This sort of movement and other ways of movement can be very dangerous if applied right.

6) 4K - i16 frame mid kick. +25 on sitdown stun, -12 on block. This move here, is amazing as whiff punishment. Any time someone is within' strike range and they are whiffing anything with enough recovery, SMACK! I will sit their ass down and launch them with 4P and follow up for 60+ damage. 4K is very difficult to stagger escape, but even if someone actually manages to stagger it at fastest, 6P3 and 6K are 100% guaranteed anyway. Preferrably a 6P3 in this case, since it forces the must-hold 50/50.

4K is also a solid ground bounce launcher as well in threshold, hi counter hit, and on opponents with their backs turned.

7) 3P - i15 frame mid punch that has a mid punch and low sweep follow ups. 3P does not track, neither does 3PK. 3PP does track, however. 3PK is low throw punishable on block, while 3PP can be thrown or strike punished at -14 on block. However, both follow ups are delayable, making it difficult to determine whether Ayane will finish the string or free cancel. And if opponents are crazy enough to attempt to throw a 3P free cancel, then smack them with 3PP on hi counter hit for trying. Stuns on counter, hi counter hit and in threshold. This is Ayane’s Bread n Butter range poke.

8) 64H+P - i12 frame standing throw, gives Ayane +16 advantage and allowing a lot of guaranteed follow ups for both high and raw damage, and strong mix ups that includes throw loops. Same would apply for her 64H advanced mid punch hold. If you're going for raw damage off this throw, it's best to do 4P+K to launch since you have a plethora of juggles to follow it up with. Easily netting you 60-74 damage. This throw is ideal when punishing anything that is unsafe at -13 or more as throw punishment, as long as that strike or string leaves them facing foward and standing.

9) 4P - i15 mid punch. 4p itself tracks, as well as the high kick and low sweep follow ups. 4P launches counter hit, hi counter hit and threshold. BT 4P stuns on neutral hit and launches in threshold, counter hit and hi counter hit. This is Ayane’s infamous mid punch with a fairly high priority in high crushing. Always leads into very good damage if it crushes something. Both 4P and BT 4P are 15 frames and have the same move properties.

10) BT6K - i15 frame mid kick. This move here, I feel like a lot of Ayane players underrate it a lot. It seriously doesn't have any drawbacks, at all. It's a i15 frame true mid kick, +4 on neutral hit, +30 sitdown stun in threshold and counter hit. While being +0 on block and +1 at range on block, also has pushback on block, letting Ayane run away if she wants.

When you land that sitdown stun in threshold or counter hit, doing a fast 66 into 4K will net you a ground bounce launcher that cannot be stagger escaped before the 4K hit confirms. Giving you a 66KK4 BT7K/BT4P~K juggle on feather to middle weight (women), to cruiser (Helena) to heavy weight (Genfu). Middle weight (Men) and Super heavy weight you can follow up with 4P~K or 3PK (for possible pseudo force tech/oki) due to distance from the 4K ground bounce launcher.
I know its literally has been years since this post was made but id like to add my top 3 at least.

1) 66kk4 - Mainly because of the many opportunities this move creates and the +1 is really nice. I use it kind of recklessly however if you have good mix up and guessing abilities, its really useful. Its also a 14 frame mid high kick with good range however if they duck the second kick you're below -20.

2) BT2k - 18 frame low kick that can crush highs. Puts Ayane at +15. This move saves me a lot when i get put into sticky situations and is a good to use as a poke due to its range. I use it after spin cancels mainly and to try and get them to panic and hold however is the are really good at SE you're at +7.

3) BT4H+K - A 20 frame mid kick CB. -8 on block. I use this move as a long ranged poke because it causes a crumple stun on NH and CH. And if blocked it has really good push back. However its not something you want to whiff because you're at -26. However a little randomness in a fight can be really good for mind games imo.

This is just my list and I might be using these moves for the wrong reasons since this is day 3 for my ayane but i hope this creates some more conversation even though this has been here for so long.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD