DOA5U Bass General Discussion: Champion Edition

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Played the Last Round demo. Appears to be no balance changes in this demo. Game looks beautiful. Any hard knockdown in the Danger Zone's dangerzone panels is a guaranteed bounce. So ending Bass' juggles with :6::K::P: guarantees another bounce allowing him - bounce height depending on threshold counter level (100/125/150%) - to do a followup juggle. On Leifang at Counter or Hi-counter (not sure which I did it at ) I was able to land 6KP then do 4PP 41236H+P H+P off the bounce.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Played the Last Round demo. Appears to be no balance changes in this demo. Game looks beautiful. Any hard knockdown in the Danger Zone's dangerzone panels is a guaranteed bounce. So ending Bass' juggles with :6::K::P: guarantees another bounce allowing him - bounce height depending on threshold counter level (100/125/150%) - to do a followup juggle. On Leifang at Counter or Hi-counter (not sure which I did it at ) I was able to land 6KP then do 4PP 41236H+P H+P off the bounce.

Oh, really? I thought that was techable in DOA1. That's interesting. Maybe this is only the case moves which you can tech early in LR.

I wonder if you can do it off other air juggles like 9PKP since that is a hard knockdown.

Something like this would be interesting: stun > 8K > 9PKP > bounce > air throw.

Keep experimenting. I'm looking forward to new findings.

edit: also, TFBB into combos by any chance?
It caused a bounce in DOA1, but I remember you could only get down attacks. Now you might be able to get a full combo.

Last edited:

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Wah, do you know the list of unholdable and unparryable moved? I'm trying to figure out if there's anything I can do against sabakis and parries outside of the low/throw approach.

I am aware that Leifang and Mary Rose can be beaten by kicks, but I don't know about the rest.

DyByHands

I almost hate to jump in here, as I do not main Bass (legit random player here, love all the characters). But after playing as Nyotengu, particularly with her :4::H+K: (I believe that is the Sumo stomp command). Has made me think about when the FSD twitter account (which, I figured was Mr. Wah) mentioned to me how Bass' sumo stomp was useless. And indeed it is. I cant find anything to do with it.

So that being said, how would the Bass players feel if he got Nyotengus sumo stomp as a replacement? Which, is kind of nice to play around with. Just a thought.

Sorry if this has been covered already in some way, I jumped to the last page.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
I almost hate to jump in here, as I do not main Bass (legit random player here, love all the characters). But after playing as Nyotengu, particularly with her :4::H+K: (I believe that is the Sumo stomp command). Has made me think about when the FSD twitter account (which, I figured was Mr. Wah) mentioned to me how Bass' sumo stomp was useless. And indeed it is. I cant find anything to do with it.

So that being said, how would the Bass players feel if he got Nyotengus sumo stomp as a replacement? Which, is kind of nice to play around with. Just a thought.

Sorry if this has been covered already in some way, I jumped to the last page.

I honestly think it would be better that the move is removed and replaced by something new. That goes for most of his useless moves.

Since he's never been given speed and never will, the solution most people might think would be helpful is more damage but the problem is that you need to open someone up first or deal with constant pressure from spamming.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
@Mr. Wah why does p+k outright beat 10i jabs in +2 situations instead of trading? Does it work similar to VF where exceeding a certain amount of damage would guarantee you beating out another move on the same active frame?

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Yeah, at least that's how it was pre-DOA4. Don't know if/when it was changed otherwise.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Congrats to Buzz Armstrong for finally becoming a champion after the jobfest of post-DOA3 era.

Ix6e5Jg.jpg

Also, congrats on having both your dads in the hall of fame, even though Savage would've hated the idea.
macho_man_and_hulk_hogan_photo2_by_windows8osx-d4ys3f3.jpg

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor

Since these setups are all still relevant in LR, this setup seems interesting, though I never get to CB or I rarely go for it. Also, my combo ender is 9PKP, so I've found that doing a single punch and free cancel into throw attempt, I get a fairly consistent tech setup.

Problem with this is that it gives you so little frame advantage that it can be a deterrent against some characters and usually not very safe.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
So, with the new changes coming up to LR, such as the TFB changes with range and startup tweaks and the throw damage boosts plus the minor tweaking with BT OH, the character is remaining very faithful to its 5U version, so all your combos and setups should work. Once LR is out, I'll start a new thread for that and pretty much compile all the data we've gathered since DOA5.

I doubt much has really changed in LR outside of some frame traps and TFBB becoming a potentially more valid option during a blender situation thanks to the new grab reach.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD