DOA5LR Bass General Discussion: World Champion Edition

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Send me a script of what you want recorded and I can do that for you.

I'm not going for any scripts. Just plain raw improvised commentary. I got bulletpoints and a topic list but this one's going to be very straightforward with no editing involved. Only thing I'll end up adding would be Youtube annotations.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Does Bass have any natural combos besides pp and pk?

4PP but on neutral standing but I won't advise you to use that string. 9PP on backturned especially after BT OH (Counter/Hi-Counter), which is where a lot of his damage comes from. 9PP > 3K > 33P ends up as being a BnB on BT.

6KP and 6PK are also NC on BT especially after normal BT OH. 6KP can be held but don't expect a human opponent to ever be able to do that outside of training mode. They need to do a full 720 plus a timed hold and it's only possible on stick unless you have magic thumbs.

Best to keep using PK especially on counter hit and it's unholdable on normal hit. You can go for PKK and it can't be normally staggered.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
I never get to land it or make it a priority, but I'd probably go for either :3::3::P: or :3::K: > :3::K:.

I suppose the only situation I'd consider it is with unholdables.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
So I was messing around on my mate's XB1 and noticed that TFBB does significantly less damage after a cliff transition on danger zone.

Was this done to make him do less retarded damage and are other throws with cliff transitions affected? This is obviously not the case in other stages with cliffs (DOA 3 stages).

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Well in DOA3 the cliff throw TFBB will lose all of it's damage on some cliffs (Lorelei) where they hit environment on the way down instead of the next platform. It'd only do the environment hit damage in those cases.

Can't say about TFBB off the DZ though as haven't tested it.

I've been looking into his ceiling combos. He can get over 200 with his :4::4::P: :236::P::5::H+P: combo

Off :426::[[h+p]]: ceiling throw you have to do a :6::6_: to stance transition every time.
Off Power-launcher it depends on stance when launching, also there's frames of the ground stun that will cause :4::4::P: to whiff.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
:4::4::P: hitbox is weird, so when done early it can whiff especially on small characters. I still use it after a pickup though, but against certain characters I leave it out.

Pretty smart forcing stance transition with the dash though. I'll have to try this myself.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Finally got some time to actually sit down and play this game for my videos and I figured out that 9PKP wall combo into 2H+P > 2H+P isn't actually that bad compared to the 3P > 6KP > 6P(whiff) > 2H+P. The latter I feel gives an extra bit of advantage to work with, but my personal choice is gonna be the other option just because I get the damage and keep some frame advantage, though not as much as the more reliable setup.

I recommend people give this a try to and see how it works out for them since I got no time to go to session this summer. Once the busy season is over, I'll give this a try and see how it works out.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Scramble Stage Combos
Here are some combos you can do in the Scramble stage in 5U. Since the BT :7::K: relaunch is much lower, you'll have to solely rely on :6::P::+::K::K: as it's the only move which has the relaunching capabilities to give you combos which would cause a cliffhanger event.

These combos are done with an open stance:
:6::P::+::K::K: > :3::P: > :3::P: > :3::P: > :426::h::+::P: (122 DMG) works on lights only.
:6::P::+::K::K: > :3::P: > :3::P: > :3::P: > :6::K::P: (107 DMG) (Lights and Medium weight characters)

Just found you can also do
:6::6::K: > (delay) :7::K: > :3::P: > :3::P: > :3::P: > :6::K::P: on medium weights.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Just found you can also do
:6::6::K: > (delay) :7::K: > :3::P: > :3::P: > :3::P: > :6::K::P: on medium weights.
I find this semi-consistent especially in open stance though it does have the tendency to push you to the side too much. It;s a gamble worth making.

Also, I didn't find a delay really necessary honestly, it's still fairly lenient. However, I found it more consistent in terms of timing if done from mid range rather than close-up to the wall.

I'll definitely add it to the first page.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Been messing around with stuns:

WR :4::P::+::K: > BT :P: > :3::P: (Level 2 stun) > :3::3::P:/:7::K: > :426::h::+::P:

Probably the more reliable level 2 stun for a 50/50 launch setup beginning with a good move.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
I've been testing out different stuff in danger zone but havent found that much with combos after the second platform bounce except this:

Dash forward > sidewalk left > 8k > 3p > 8k > 41236h+p

This usually always throws the opponent down to the lower platform. Not sure if there's anything more damaging than this but if you know of anything more damaging let me know.

For heavies I'll still have to look up and see if there's anything possible to put in a combo to throw them down to the lower platform.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD