DOA5U Bass Match Videos Thread

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
http://www.twitch.tv/cable54/b/630446635

A pretty long iron man set between me, @Hurricane Rev , @Tulkas and @Phantom Hiryu with some silly theme involving John Carpenter OSTs.

My matches start at 00:00, 11:55, 16:30, 30:15, 42:55, 55:49, 01:25:19 and 02:31:50. The whole thing went on for about 3 hours in total.

Overall, I thought this even was a really positive event overall. We might do it on a weekly basis from now on. I made a lot of mistakes early on, but most of it due to lack of practice, my stick mishandling and just me not punishing moves I was supposed to. I got a lot better at the end.

Big thanks to @Tulkas for letting me borrow his stick for later matches.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Maybe you can start documenting it more if you make it a weekly thing. Try to sort of "dev blog" setting up the scene and the fun you guys have.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Maybe you can start documenting it more if you make it a weekly thing. Try to sort of "dev blog" setting up the scene and the fun you guys have.

That's a good idea. Not sure if the guy setting up the stream would always be around, but we're always gonna have the sessions going.

Tulkas

Premium Donor
http://www.twitch.tv/cable54/b/630446635

A pretty long iron man set between me, @Hurricane Rev , @Tulkas and @Phantom Hiryu with some silly theme involving John Carpenter OSTs.

My matches start at 00:00, 11:55, 16:30, 30:15, 42:55, 55:49, 01:25:19 and 02:31:50. The whole thing went on for about 3 hours in total.

Overall, I thought this even was a really positive event overall. We might do it on a weekly basis from now on. I made a lot of mistakes early on, but most of it due to lack of practice, my stick mishandling and just me not punishing moves I was supposed to. I got a lot better at the end.

Big thanks to @Tulkas for letting me borrow his stick for later matches.
Hey Kitch, link doesn't work... Is the video available in other location?

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Hey Kitch, link doesn't work... Is the video available in other location?
Yeah, I've been looking around. I'll try and see if Sim put it on private or saved it onto youtube.

I'll post the new one and tag everyone again once the right one is up again.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
More Kohatsu, because Zangief has been discovered in this game, apparently:

Also, it seems like some of footage was taken down. I'll ask BP next time I see him if he kept any of the videos.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Matches between two top Japanese players Flack (mostly known for his Leon) and JC Akira (Top Akira player):

I gotta say I'm really impressed and I'm genuinely happy someone in Japan gets this character. Interestingly, like everyone else in Japan he never uses the launch > 6KP vortex. He always goes for max damage.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Interestingly, like everyone else in Japan he never uses the launch > 6KP vortex. He always goes for max damage.

Yeah, much like why his guaranteed pick-ups from juggle were removed: it was too much damage when doing 2K instead...

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Yeah, much like why his guaranteed pick-ups from juggle were removed: it was too much damage when doing 2K instead...
The thing is that Japanese players are always consistent, so I find it interesting how they never use his vortex.

Are they actually aware that this vortex exists? Maybe they never go for it thinking there's no point to it. Maybe there's an advantage to always going for max damage.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Had our first Maryland gathering with the new setup. Though the setup is working, we didn't fully utilize it: I can have two DOAs going and live switch them on stream.

Anyways, I'm sharing it because @CookingMama 's Honoka was giving me some problems with force guessing after her (Bass') bear hug. In this set I learned that I could fuzzy guard his options off of it. So if you want to see it in action (plus general Bass play) check out the video:
http://www.twitch.tv/freestepdodge/v/50062622

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor

It had been a long time since I last played the game proper so I was willing to try anything out to get a good feel for the game. Also, playing a very disrespectful Bass can be really beneficial, especially against difficult matchups like Ayane since you force people to throw everything including the kitchen sink which makes them less consistent and easier to condition once you slow things down.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor

I've been trying to get out of my comfort zone with the character and try new things, so I'm continuing adopting a more risky reckless play style.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
More of me trying to test out new things during matches. Learnt a lot.

I really don't know the Hitomi MU. but I pretty much owned the first match with textbook stuff.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD