Bayman Matches/Video Thread

KidArk

You're correct, but I won't do that online unless the connection is supreme. Too often do 3 inputs bleed into the entire notation and result in a shitty low sweep that ruins everything.

I also have muscle memory issues that are best rectified by cutting things a little bit short so I don't have to constantly switch between inputs on different weight classes.

Yeah I was just informing you incase you didn't know. I mean it works on all chars but heavys, so it's not soo bad. I do often switch between 3ppk, p6pk and 3ppk as my wall splat.

Crisman

Hey guys I'm new to the community. I've challenge a handful of casual players and 1 competitive DOA player in my area offline. I've play Bayman for about 7mths and I really want to improve my gameplay, I would appreciate any feedback.

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
Hey guys I'm new to the community. I've challenge a handful of casual players and 1 competitive DOA player in my area offline. I've play Bayman for about 7mths and I really want to improve my gameplay, I would appreciate any feedback.
Couple things I noticed.
1. In the neutral game, don't finish so many of your strings. It leaves you open for a punish. Its ok to finish them sometimes, but not all the time.
2. After your successful mid parry, you're at +3 (I think), so use something faster than 9P and 7K. Go for a catch grab 6T or a 3P. If they block the 3P, you can continue with P6K8P+K to get a little mix up going.
3. 6P+K is a great guard break or neutral hit initiator.

Crisman

Couple things I noticed.
1. In the neutral game, don't finish so many of your strings. It leaves you open for a punish. Its ok to finish them sometimes, but not all the time.
2. After your successful mid parry, you're at +3 (I think), so use something faster than 9P and 7K. Go for a catch grab 6T or a 3P. If they block the 3P, you can continue with P6K8P+K to get a little mix up going.
3. 6P+K is a great guard break or neutral hit initiator.

Thanks SlyBass for taking time to critique. I don't know the term of neutral game but I can understand were your coming from. It'll be hard to break my habits but I'll start using your feedback. Again I really appreciate this.

Crisman

Offline matches May 20, I'm learning to use Xbox controller... Had a lot of wrong input this time.

0:30 - 0:33 I try to imitate that grab but I can never execute 2x. Can that be continuous? I know how you feel about learning with a different controller. Sadly my 360 broke recently and I have to switch to ps3 and I hate the layout. Still trying to get used too.

Crisman

Had a blast! I could challenge him for hours. There so much variation of lag that it's exhausting to adapt and adapting to opponents play style.

Combo like :8::P::P:, :3::K::3::P+K::H+P: never work in Genfu/Bass's weight. If you want a ground throw, just :3::K: :2::H+P: then.
In my opinion, performing a :3::P+K: roll (throw or not) after every :3::K: is not a good idea, you should know when and where to do this. Notice that the :3::K::3::P+K::H+P: needs a right height to work because the untech-able time is pretty short.

Crisman

Never knew those moves don't work on gen/bass. Will take note. It's a bad habit of mine to roll a lot for some reason I love it.

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
Here's the thing about just barely whiffing :3::K::3::P+K::H+P:. You're still at advantage. If you follow that up with a :3::P: or a :6::P+K:, more times than not, you're going to start your stun game again and keep your momentum because opponents LOVE to press buttons in that situation.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD