Bayman Q/A

Brute

Standard Donor
Was gonna put this in a general Bayman Q/A thread, but there doesn't seem to be any. So now there's one for future reference as well.

So my first question: Break Shot. How do I do it? I've tried everything.

edit: Got it, though I assume by luck alone. I still say that move is cheap as nuts.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
*puts on his monocle*

Indeed, certain new moves out of Bayman have rather strict timing I've noticed. Strange as his older ones are pretty open.

Brute

Standard Donor
*puts on his monocle*

Indeed, certain new moves out of Bayman have rather strict timing I've noticed. Strange as his older ones are pretty open.
Yeah. In 4 he had arguably the easiest command training in the game.
Most of his moves are still pretty easy in 5. But dang; 'dat kick...

Genereaver

Was gonna put this in a general Bayman Q/A thread, but there doesn't seem to be any. So now there's one for future reference as well.

So my first question: Break Shot. How do I do it? I've tried everything.

edit: Got it, though I assume by luck alone. I still say that move is cheap as nuts.
For future reference, if you're going to ask how to do a move it's easier to help you if you list the input as well.

Brute

Standard Donor
Ah, sorry.
For future reference, if you're going to ask how to do a move it's easier to help you if you list the input as well.
IIRC, it's hold 3, then 6K. Would have to check again to be sure,though. I don't main Bayman so I don't know all of his moves by heart.

Genereaver

Ah, sorry.

IIRC, it's hold 3, then 6K. Would have to check again to be sure,though. I don't main Bayman so I don't know all of his moves by heart.
I looked into it, and the listed input is :3_::Link::K:. That means 'hold 3, release, K', so doing :3_::6::K: would just give you :6::K:.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Break shot is easy guys. Ignore the notation the game gives you, it's simply a "while rising" kick.

In order words.... crouch, release your crouch, hit K. You can do this from crouch dashing, or after a low jab... whatever.

Reconerman

Could anyone answer me what's the deal with :6::6::P+K: ? The damage is low, it's pretty slow (at least compared to eliot's 9f palm); the only good thing is that it stuns on HCH.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
It's 16 frames and it gives you +9 on block.

It's one of the best pressure tools in the game.

Genereaver

Oh, so it gives guaranteed :H+P: and :4::H+P: on block?
I don't think so; +9 on block means the blockstun is 9 frames longer than the move's animation. While you can throw out :H+P: or :4: :H+P:, if they're still in blockstun when the throw would connect (:H+P: is i5f, so if done perfectly it would) you'll just whiff. You'll want a throw that's i9f or higher, though of course not by much or they'll punch you out of it.

shinryu

No throw is guaranteed from a guard break, if they have any attack registering on the first recovery frame they'll beat you out. This is fine for Bayman, however, as he has a plethora of offensive holds. At +9, 6f+p should beat anything high or mid that doesn't tech crouch, and 66f+p should beat anything except a 9 frame (so Kasumi, Christie, Eliot, basically). 33 f+p should also work nicely even if it is slower with evasion. 46f+p or DDT are probably not best choices. Realistically you're wanting either about an 18 frame mid or one of the the OHs to mix up with, but if you really think they'll hold mid go big and go backbreaker for great justice (should beat any throw at 12 frames and gives you 83 or 100 points of damage depending on counter type).

Genereaver

So do any other characters in this game have a :P::P::P: string that the opponent can just fucking duck under while being hit, or is that something they reserved for screwing over Bayman?

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Some do, yes.

The first two hits in the string are a natural combo, its the third hit which comes out much slower and is duckable.

Genereaver

I get that, it's just a bit annoying; I never thought to actually check for something like that, and up until now everybody I landed the first two hits on took the third too. Suddenly everybody's ducking the third hit, and it's a bit aggravating to think you know a character and then find out you don't even fully understand their most basic string.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
I get that, it's just a bit annoying; I never thought to actually check for something like that, and up until now everybody I landed the first two hits on took the third too. Suddenly everybody's ducking the third hit, and it's a bit aggravating to think you know a character and then find out you don't even fully understand their most basic string.

I rarely use that string honestly. Usually I'm either using :P::6::P::K: or :6::P::P::K: to mess with people.

shinryu

Ok, 46f+p and variations. While I like him having a nice proper takedown for style purposes, I'm at a bit of a loss as to how to use it.Two questions:

1) When is this actually useful vs. DDT? Is it just the 4 frames faster for catching some stuns more easily?

2) The variations seem to do the same damage, though going 22f+p seems to take longer. Is this just to waste time and screw with break timings? Are there situations where you should go with one variation over another?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD