Bayman x Helena

Paulina

The first time I watched the Opening Declaration trailer, I noticed a scene about 1-2 seconds long. I thought someone might bring it up in the next few days, but since then no one has seemed to mention it. Granted, I might be creating something out of thin air here -- in which case, please forgive the fangirl conspiracy theories.

Did anyone notice the interaction between Bayman and Helena in the trailer? I took screencaps of the entire thing. Sorry for the image-heavy thread, but the scene happened so quickly that I wanted to show it in stills, as big and clear as possible.

BH1.png

BH3.png

BH4.png

BH5.png

How does that scene play out to you? I thought Bayman looked dazed, and had an unusually soft expression (as opposed to his usual smirk/scowl). Like he was intrigued by something, or even intoxicated. Then when they zoom in, Helena is in his irises. The dark shadowing around her eyes and her sidelong glance amounted to something of a come-hither look, imo. I'm not as sure about Bayman's expression, but I'm pretty sure she was implying something.

I admit I'm a biased person, as someone who mains Helena. ^^" But in my defense, that was my initial reaction watching the trailer, before I realized it was even her. At first I thought it was Lauren -- which doesn't make sense, since that's Leon's girl, but iunno.

One counter-argument off the top of my head is where they seem to be standing. It looks like Bayman is somewhere (the oil rig?) where it's night, whereas I think Helena is on the Freedom Survivor from Dimensions during the daytime. If that's true, it could be a fancy editing technique on TN's part, I suppose.

Thoughts? What were your impressions of this scene? Some people have said DOA World is the better-suited place to chat about this stuff, so I hope this thread doesn't tick anyone off. ^^"

Doug Nguyen

He probably want to kill her, I'm sure the feeling is mutual. He killed her dad and all.

She stole his Beret and won't tell him where it is.
She went way over board over her dead dad. She should of never touched his beret. Guess it just shows how ruthless Helena really is.

DR2K

I totally forgot about that. Everyone wants everyone dead now a days. Did Bayman end up taking the job? I remember they had a battle in 4 and thats it.

He didn't want payment from her, he just wanted her to abuse him. She force teched him into a job.

Mesharey

I totally forgot about that. Everyone wants everyone dead now a days. Did Bayman end up taking the job? I remember they had a battle in 4 and thats it.
I think so because he did enter the tri-tower.

I don't think there's something between Helena and Bayman, it's just business.

Paulina

Geez. XD Here I was, worried "pairings talk" was too silly to be kosher, and the thread devolves into Bayman's lack-of-neck.

She hired him to kill Donovan in DOA4...
Yup, Sorwah's right. Plus, Bayman *did* protect her from Christie in Dimensions, although that's apparently because she was his "sponsor"/suga mama.

Blazeincarnated

People really need to use Context Clues lol.... Why would it be two different scenes from each other, with a black foreground around it? Bingo. A flashback.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
He has no neck but he has a place in the game... unlike Leon :)
Oh, but he does. Leon could definitely serve a purpose in the story by building on Bayman's past.

Remember, they go way back. And given the age gap between the two, it's a possibility Leon could've been looked up to as the person Bayman wanted to surpass. It's also possible Leon could even be part of the reason Bayman chose to give up his job as an assassin and be a soldier after the events of DOA4.

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
Awesmic said:
Oh, but he does. Leon could definitely serve a purpose in the story by building on Bayman's past.

Remember, they go way back. And given the age gap between the two, it's a possibility Leon could've been looked up to as the person Bayman wanted to surpass. It's also possible Leon could even be part of the reason Bayman chose to give up his job as an assassin and be a soldier after the events of DOA4.

The lack of leon is killing me inside ..
:(
I want a psychotic lover in a turban who beats up little ninja girls and drowns them in the water :(

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
my guess is regret.Bayman's parents were killed when he was young.he basically did the same thing to Helea or at least half of it was him.normally he wouldn't have a problem,but hes been involved with DOATEC for a long time he's gotten to see the effects caused from his work.could why he is no longer an assassin.

Darth Lotonic X

Possibly a "I killed your father and I feel bad so I want to repent." turned into "Oops, I dunned falled in love with you." I know there is a movie based off this concept, but I can't remember the name. It would be great if someone knew which one; it's bothering the shit out of me.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD