Bayman's DOA4 Ending Flashback

Legendary Goken

Standard Donor
I'm not sure if there was ever a discussion about this. If there was, someone please refer me to that thread.

So, I've been closely examining this video, and I've discovered if you freeze frame right when Bayman starts his drug-induced shellshock, it clearly shows Leon with his turbon and shirt off coming from behind Bayman and slitting his throat. Further backing up this claim, Leon's DOA3 greet to Bayman is "I can't believe you're still alive."

In the flashback, Bayman appeared to be wearing the same soldier outfit as the one he used to assassinate Fame Douglas in DOA Dimensions.

Was Leon a Mercenary for hire from Victor Donavon, sent to assassinate Bayman?

Or was he one of Fame Douglas's soldiers from the first DOATEC?

Last edited:

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I think he was sent to kill to kill Bayman but likely not from Victor since why would he enter the tournament of the man who hired him? It would explain why Bayman wasn't really in DOA2.

If Victor DID hire him, maybe he betrayed Leon the same way he did Bayman by leaving him and his wife stranded in that desert, maybe Victor sent some reinforcements to aid Leon and back him up but once the deed was done and Victor had proof that Bayman was "dead", The reinforcements stole everything from Leon and his wife and left them stranded in the desert, which is likely why Lauren died. Him using the tournament was probably an indirect hint at him trying to exact revenge on Victor but maybe if the ghost of Lauren really exists, maybe that was his confirmation that revenge is pointless and that he should move on, which he did.

That's why I think from DOA3 onwards after that vision of Lauren, he no longer enters tourneys since he's moved on, but the game still includes him as a character not in the story but as a way for Leon mains to be able to use him. It could also explain why him and Bayman have tag intros that hint at their encounters but since Itagaki never really made a good resolution or conclusion to Bayman and Leon's rivalry and relationship and since Hayashi doesn't seem to want to touch on the story atm, it seems like it's one of those plot points that will forever be shrouded in mystery, just like how Zack and him seem to have known each other but once again due to bad story telling it's never touched upon or reiterated in future installments.

Mayor-Of-Mustard

holy crap I never even noticed that!
we need interaction with Bayman and Leon in DOA6 naaaaaaaao
that is if Hayashi has even noticed this himself.

DontForkWitMe

Chisa's right, that is not Leon in that scene and is clearly Bayman wearing his skull cap w/ turtle neck outfit from DOA3.

latest

Last edited:

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
If that's the case it's likely just his flashbacks from his other assassin/mercenary escapades

Legendary Goken

Standard Donor
If that indeed is Leon then good find.

But i always thought the man who comes from behind killing the other dude is Bayman since it looks like that man is wearing black turtleneck shirt with beanie, similar costume Bayman wears in DOA3. In his DOA3 ending he is going to hunt someone with the same costume. If you pause the video at 0.51 you can clearly see he's not shirtless and he is wearing beanie not turban.
Huh...I see what you mean at 0.51, but at 0.53 it looks like he's completely shirtless.

Edit: Nvm. I can see the collar in 0.53.

Well that sucks, lol

Last edited:

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Yea thats not Leon. That's Bayman's DOA 3 alternate night infiltration outfit. Re-used assets from his DOA 3 ending as well.

Itagaki wouldn't have included Leon anymore than necessary with the story at that point. He'd been trying to get rid of one of them for a while, but there was always backlash.

Last edited:

KwonJigglypuff

Never noticed Leon in Bayman's ending (DOA4). That's an amazing hint to what TN had planned for the both of them at first.
They need to re-write the story for Leon. He has so much material...

Legendary Goken

Standard Donor
Never noticed Leon in Bayman's ending (DOA4). That's an amazing hint to what TN had planned for the both of them at first.
They need to re-write the story for Leon. He has so much material...
Yeah, seriously.

Before knowing the conclusion of this topic, I had this weird idea that Leon was one of Fame Douglas's close friend and bodyguard.

latest

"Leon being the second guy on the right."

And that he tried to exact revenge on Bayman after Fame's assassination.

Aven Kujo-Gin

Yeah, seriously.

Before knowing the conclusion of this topic, I had this weird idea that Leon was one of Fame Douglas's close friend and bodyguard.

latest

"Leon being the second guy on the right."

And that he tried to exact revenge on Bayman after Fame's assassination.
Where do you find that pic?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD