Best program for messing around with doa models

NightWolf

Hi guys. I was wondering if anyone can tell me the best program for messing around with models? I have been using xnalara but it keeps getting rid of my saved pose files. I also have daz studio but haven't used it yet as I don't know how to get doa models into the program? Any suggestions or help would be awesome.

Metalraptor

Are you meaning for the general posing of DOA models, or as a material source for modding characters?
I haven't used DAZ in a long time, but I'm pretty sure that it lacks support for importing FBX format, it can import a static OBJ though.
Regarding XNALara, are you saving them to the pose folder? I find that after saving a scene, it will often load scenes folder instead when going to save a pose, it might also do this when exporting an image or OBJ file, so I suggest checking those folders. If that isn't the problem, you might have to re-download the program, if so, try saving it to a different directory, like 'C:/XNALara', so that it's pretty easy to locate.

NightWolf

Are you meaning for the general posing of DOA models, or as a material source for modding characters?
I haven't used DAZ in a long time, but I'm pretty sure that it lacks support for importing FBX format, it can import a static OBJ though.
Regarding XNALara, are you saving them to the pose folder? I find that after saving a scene, it will often load scenes folder instead when going to save a pose, it might also do this when exporting an image or OBJ file, so I suggest checking those folders. If that isn't the problem, you might have to re-download the program, if so, try saving it to a different directory, like 'C:/XNALara', so that it's pretty easy to locate.
Yeah I guess I mean just for posing and stuff right now. I haven't got enough skill to mod yet I don't think. And yeah the program froze on me and I lost all my pose files. Than made a couple new ones and when I started my computer the next day they were gone so I'm not sure what's going on. Some of the models ignore root bone rule or something like that and sometimes cause problems but I used a different model for the poses and they still disappeared. Tried to use recuva to find them but could find them even though they still show up in my poses folder sometimes but says file can not be found. Is xps really the best program for posing and stuff?

Metalraptor

It's the only one I'm familiar with that works with game models, it is possible to load or convert them with programs like Blander, Clip Studio or Miku Miku Dance, but I'm not too familiar with the process.
Try saving another pose in XNALara, but check the folder it saves it to, if it still doesn't show up, I'm not sure what the issue is.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD