Best tag partners!

ub3rschnitz3l

Hey all! Long time reader, first time poster here. These forums have been helping me out with my game a lot, so I figured I'd seek out suggestions here. I really wanna start playing tag mode more often, and I've been having a tough time figuring out who to partner with my main.

Ostensibly, I would be putting a lot of time into said character, so I'd like to see if anyone has any input. Hopefully, this'll come in handy for other people too.

So, if anyone here plays tag with Lei, who do you guys use? :)

Pastrami Sato

I find that many people pair Leifang with Hitomi. If it's for preference of play style or because they're buddies, I don't know, but I think they do complement each other pretty well regardless. Leifang is excellent for defensive play while Hitomi can step in and lay on the pressure if Lei needs a break. The same could be said of Jann Lee.

Personally, it has taken me a long time to find a character I feel as comfortable playing with as I do Leifang, and the character I'm working with right now is Momiji. I think Momiji is a good alternative for someone who mains Lei, because she has just enough similarities in play style. Like Lei, Momiji is a great spacing character with quick-framed jabs and isn't characterized by long strings. At the same time, I find it easier to pressure with Momiji's mix-up game, plus she's safer, so if I'm having a bad night with Lei then Momiji can definitely save my hide.

I'll also play occasionally with Kasumi just because she's fun and she's a fellow first-gen vet (sorry Tina!).

Maybe ask yourself what about Lei's fighting style suits you most, and find a character who can give you a little bit of the same while also bringing out something different to shake it up. For a while, possible contenders for me were Hitomi, Jann Lee, Helena, Zack, and Kokoro. Who are you currently exploring?

ub3rschnitz3l

Awesome! This is exactly the kind of input I was looking for.

What I love most about Lei is her ability to interrupt strings and reverse momentum. I love using her crushes to do that and I'm trying hard to incorporate her sabakis and parries into my game too. I know exactly how you feel about finding another character you're comfortable with, because there isn't another character that's exactly like her.

I'm actually looking at Helena right now because I feel like they could be insanely frustrating with their combined crushing abilities, and a forward momentum character like Helena would probably appreciate someone like Lei to get that momentum back in her favor when things get rough.

Hitomi and Jann Lee are also really solid options, if only because they're all around solid characters and more capable of going on the offensive than Lei is.

Lulu

I wouldn't say Hitomi is good at applying pressure....
If you are going for a Deffensive plus Offensive tag setup then Jan Lee's Dragon Gunner and i11 Mid Punch and his Natural Combos do that a whole lot better.

But you opted for Helena.... which is an equally good choice if not better than Jan. I say stick with that one.

Ofcourse I know very little about Tag because I don't play it.

ub3rschnitz3l

Yeah, I've been playing online, and Jann and Helena are pretty much what it's boiled down to for me. Guess I'll just have to play more before I decide.

Thanks for the help, guys. :)

KING JAIMY

I'd go with an offensive character as Leifang is a defensive character. The result is that both characters can compensate each other's weaknesses.

NightAntilli

I suck at tag so you should probably discard my advise lol, but I personally think Kokoro is a good complement to Leifang. Kokoro has the range and the offense, while Leifang has the defense. They are pretty equal in speed too. Kokoro's problem is her linearity.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD