Best/Worst moments

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
just a thread for you to share personal stories you've had with the series good and bad.

my personal best was learning i could exploit the ghost fish for maximum essence.i got to Murai with full health,upgrades,items,and talismans of rebirth.for the first time i can remember I completley dwarfed a boss in health,it was hilarious actually being able to pity the final boss because he has NO chance XD

one of my worst moments was FINALLY beating the flame dragon and when i went to cross on his body i fell off into the lava and just got to watch my health drop as i frantically struggled to get back up.had to do the fight all over again T_T

Brute

Standard Donor
Worst: Beating the dumbass armadillo only to have it blow up and kill me. Fighting Gigadeath or pretty much any boss that requires the bow and arrow (every fucking time). Raging as I tried to complete Chapter 2 with no healing items in Master Ninja (Ninja Gaiden 2). My first time playing as Rachel in Sigma 1 (and every subsequent time).

Best: Playing Ninja Gaiden 2 for the first time. Playing Ninja Gaiden: Black for the first time. Beating Master Ninja mode in Black. Beating Master Ninja mode inNinja Gaiden II. Finding out how to do Izuna drops. Every damn time I play the Daedalus level.

SilverForte

Best: Taking out Eternal Legend in NGB and getting the doa outfit, Beating master ninja in 2, the staircase of ninjas in chapter 10, guillotine throws, wind path, Incendiary kunai, Lunar, Momiji, the bosses in dragon sword, the art and music in dragon sword. being able to reflect projectiles in dragon sword, wish they would bring that back. Frickin art of the piercing void. Hayabusa village chapters. Izuna drops. Hideyuki Hori. Pretty much everything that wasn't bad.

Worst: Can't think of anything from black, very solid game, aside from maybe I thought the combat was slow and UT's charged very slowly, but I was coming from 2. Oh wait, Rachel.

That last test of valor in 2, 50 dragons and acid worms, wat. Frickin acid worms, pretty much all of chapter 9 in 2, jellyfish, underwater combat, most of the bosses sucked in 2 aside from genshin, ummmm, thats about it for 2 I guess, I love that game so much regardless of the few flaws.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
^Beautiful post.

Add this to my "Best moments" list as well.

Agreed,i thought it was out of my reach for the longest time so when I started playing again that was my goal and to my surprise I was able to beat it.i will admit I cheated in that I haven't done every single mission I skipped the second to last layer, I just wanted the suit lol

Brute

Standard Donor
Agreed,i thought it was out of my reach for the longest time so when I started playing again that was my goal and to my surprise I was able to beat it.i will admit I cheated in that I haven't done every single mission I skipped the second to last layer, I just wanted the suit lol
That's not really cheating.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Best moment: Seeing Rachel for the first time.

Worst moment: Not being able to play her for the first time until Sigma.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
The single most empowering moment in gaming for me, and there have been quite a few, is still receiving the Dragon's Eye and obtaining the True Dragon Sword. That cutscene and then the feeling of power when you cut down that next group of enemies has still not been topped and we're at nearly a decade now.

That's crazy. Hopefully we can do something special at the ten year mark next year. I'll start chatting up the right people soon.

Anyway, tangent aside, my worst moment in the game was realizing the bone boss from Ninja Gaiden 2 was based on drunken Itagaki. It's funny to think about and it was amusing on some level then but it actually kind of ruined the boss for me since I've met and spoken to Itagaki lol. Other than that one there were plenty of moments where I was blown away by a stupid design choice in Ninja Gaiden 3 but Razor's Edge balmed most of those wounds...

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
...actually makes sense now that I think about.so apparently when Itagaki gets drunk he forgets how to chew and instead just puts the food in his mouth and slams his head against walls...interesting .

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
Best: getting the dark dragon blade and using the UT for the first time

Worst: playing NG3 vanilla

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
new worst moment i got the yellow light of death and so now all my saves are gone,all of my DLC is gone,all of my fucking everything is gone this means i get to redue everything all over again :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD im so fucking happy right now cant you tell!

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD