Community Big Stream from MASTER Today 9 p.m EST

Master is streaming tomorrow night. Though some of the contents of this stream are not known, it's going to be big. Master has high hopes that the DOA community will get involved with his stream, and will post their feedback on how they feel about whatever he discusses with the community as he plays.

In return, it's likely you will learn a lot. During his last stream, he went back to Dead or Alive 2: Ultimate and showed us what's now missing from those games as they have aged, but he also showed us things that our new installment doesn't have. A history lesson to show us where we are and where we belong as a community.

http://www.twitch.tv/omastero/profile

Follow Master for updates on when he will stream next. It's valuable to know if you are a PS3... OR Xbox 360 player. If you get the buzz on one of his streams, it's likely you will have a chance at fighting him to learn valuable tech through a painful beating... something often reserved for paid subscribers from other fighters.

Last edited:
He's already stated that he'll talk about "the issue." Given his involvement in the community, i expect he'll unify us one way or another.

One question i have now is, after what he said we now know the problem. Now the question is, "what is the plan?" Obviously, he doesn't know (doesn't seem to be his style anyway). So what do we do, DDoS the phone lines with complaints? Complain on TK's twitter? Stick to the ps3 version for 2 months?

I agree with a lot of what Master had - has to say. However, wasn't rereleasing part of original Tecmo? DOA2 had like 5 rereleases. And didn't Tecmo also rush most DOA games as well (2,3,4)? It almost seems like we want someone to bitch at so bitch at just Koei. No way. It is both Koei and Tecmo, even the fans (stop buying bikinis and they'll stop selling them)!
Honestly, from content to community matters, this is the best it's been for DOA (that Im aware of). Now NG, is a different story. :( I wonder if anyone at Koei even played NG-NGB? Im still highly upset over 3.

Though KT does need to let TN do that cool ninja shit that they do... What they've always done. Please, get out of their damn way (just keep funding them, lol).

stop buying bikinis and they'll stop selling them

Honestly, stopping from buying the bikinis doesn't help. All they would see is that the West doesn't want the DLC at all because it doesn't sell. Asia would still continue to buy the bikini and fetish packs so they'll just make more since that's the only audience purchasing DLC.

If you want it to stop, get people to buy the non bikini packs, but I doubt that anyone would get enough to sway their decision at this point.

Honestly, stopping from buying the bikinis doesn't help. All they would see is that the West doesn't want the DLC at all because it doesn't sell. Asia would still continue to buy the bikini and fetish packs so they'll just make more since that's the only audience purchasing DLC.

If you want it to stop, get people to buy the non bikini packs, but I doubt that anyone would get enough to sway their decision at this point.

That's the problem, here, and why DoA could end up a Japanese exclusive in the future like most games. It seems companies see us as fickle, so we don't buy their high quality stuff, not realizing that quality always goes to pot when it comes to america. Have they not realized they've failed to do the usual fanservice stuff in japan just because it would violate copyrights in the west? The felt it in the Warriors games. It's not that we don't want DLC, we just want you to try harder. That's why i say getting people to get the PS3 versions, continue to buy DLC for it, and ignore the PS4 version might send a louder message.

That's the problem, here, and why DoA could end up a Japanese exclusive in the future like most games. It seems companies see us as fickle, so we don't buy their high quality stuff, not realizing that quality always goes to pot when it comes to america. Have they not realized they've failed to do the usual fanservice stuff in japan just because it would violate copyrights in the west? The felt it in the Warriors games. It's not that we don't want DLC, we just want you to try harder. That's why i say getting people to get the PS3 versions, continue to buy DLC for it, and ignore the PS4 version might send a louder message.

We don't get anything special with DLC either because guess what it actually is: Disc-Locked Content or if it is actually not that, it's not worth it! A gun that does ten more points of damage in a shooter? That's the equivalent of the bikini mess in DOA. Yet, with all the bikinis, aren't they teasing DOAX3, but no word on that since they're too busy on a port - a PORT! Yet, I guess we ought not care since Vanilla got a port, too, ironically. This DLC stuff is crap - no matter who is doing it whether you get it or not.

We don't get anything special with DLC either because guess what it actually is: Disc-Locked Content or if it is actually not that, it's not worth it! A gun that does ten more points of damage in a shooter? That's the equivalent of the bikini mess in DOA. Yet, with all the bikinis, aren't they teasing DOAX3, but no word on that since they're too busy on a port - a PORT! Yet, I guess we ought not care since Vanilla got a port, too, ironically. This DLC stuff is crap - no matter who is doing it whether you get it or not.

But they don't understand that. That's the problem. They'll just misinterpret the message.

Post more videos related to the issues and get everyone to act like this is a campaign. Say your message loudly, say watch Master for he makes some great points. Don't say we don't want your stuff. We just want your quality stuff. We want the stuff weve seen you do in DoA2U and such and blah blah. But if people don't actually take the time to watch a 10 minute video or whatever. like it and share it express their opinions. then you need to stop blaming the companies as well. If you're to lazy or whatever to voice strong opinionated pieces and work together to get the message out, than why the hell should a company change for you people who post here and there on a forum that is probably in no way official to the doa franchise.

Listen guys, I love doa, but we don't need Master to voice an opinion alone. We need to redirect people to him, to continue hearing more about this, but we also need our own opinions and express how we also feel about things like no stages in 7th gen on LR, or no full stage of crimson and so forth. Master is talking about the community, saying how we feel. Back him up god dammit. Say I am not speaking for the community, I am apart of the community and its time we all express ourselves as fans and friends with common interest.

Post more videos related to the issues and get everyone to act like this is a campaign. Say your message loudly, say watch Master for he makes some great points. Don't say we don't want your stuff. We just want your quality stuff. We want the stuff weve seen you do in DoA2U and such and blah blah. But if people don't actually take the time to watch a 10 minute video or whatever. like it and share it express their opinions. then you need to stop blaming the companies as well. If you're to lazy or whatever to voice strong opinionated pieces and work together to get the message out, than why the hell should a company change for you people who post here and there on a forum that is probably in no way official to the doa franchise.

Listen guys, I love doa, but we don't need Master to voice an opinion alone. We need to redirect people to him, to continue hearing more about this, but we also need our own opinions and express how we also feel about things like no stages in 7th gen on LR, or no full stage of crimson and so forth. Master is talking about the community, saying how we feel. Back him up god dammit. Say I am not speaking for the community, I am apart of the community and its time we all express ourselves as fans and friends with common interest.

That was actually he whole point to master's message. He was telling us who to blame and who to go after, and who NOT to go after. Because of his connection to TN, he's become a sort of liaison. He said that we need to send a message, and not through him. However, our problem is that we're leaning on Master to be a leader, and he, frankly, doesn't have any idea how to send the message to TK, because TK won't listen to TN. I know it can be done: a community on facebook actually changed capcom's opinion on Monster Hunter releases in the west. IIRC, MH3U was debatable, and MH4 wasn't even on the radar. Right now i have a pre-order for MH4U. The MH community had alot of leaders, however. It's kinda inactive right now because they no longer feel the need to push an agenda, because the decision was already reversed. We should take to their example.

Just going to say, "going after" KT is the same as "going after" TN. It all trickles downhill.

I said the same thing! However, I think what Master meant it is: Go straight to the top because that where it all starts! Team Ninja is being told what to do or not do; therefore, their hands are tied!

If I'm mad with an employee, I'm not going after the manager. Although if the employees tell me he or she can't do anything, then I'll go straight to the manager. However, I'm wasting my time arguing with the employee since such isn't whom I have issues with. Why not go straight to manager instead?

If I have a problem with you, why would I waste time discussing things with your subordinates? To be fair, it may be that it took awhile to realize that my problem is with you! Which is what happened here! We all thought TN was the problem when it is TK. It doesn't help though when TK tries to put blame on TN - scapegoating! If this weren't the case, why were we initially upset with TN? You can go in either direction when scapegoating, don't you know?

Let's say TN was the problem. Don't you think TK would've fire them? If everyone was this upset with Bioware, don't you think EA would've fire them. Why is Bioware still here? Why is Team Ninja still here? They weren't the problem since they were just being told what to do, but it took us awhile to see that thus the unnecessary blaming!

"Don't shoot the messenger!"

Last edited:
That was actually he whole point to master's message. He was telling us who to blame and who to go after, and who NOT to go after. Because of his connection to TN, he's become a sort of liaison. He said that we need to send a message, and not through him. However, our problem is that we're leaning on Master to be a leader, and he, frankly, doesn't have any idea how to send the message to TK, because TK won't listen to TN. I know it can be done: a community on facebook actually changed capcom's opinion on Monster Hunter releases in the west. IIRC, MH3U was debatable, and MH4 wasn't even on the radar. Right now i have a pre-order for MH4U. The MH community had alot of leaders, however. It's kinda inactive right now because they no longer feel the need to push an agenda, because the decision was already reversed. We should take to their example.

That's why you're here. Posting this. Whilst I have worked on a script and everything to make a follow up video to Masters stream...

While the trickle-down effect is out there, if we go about it the right way, it's hard for it to trickle-down.

That's why you're here. Posting this. Whilst I have worked on a script and everything to make a follow up video to Masters stream...

Good. I'm a terrible leader, because i always dance to my own beat, and it is rare that people can follow (otherwise i'd step up). I'm anxious to see what you have.

well I hope your more anxious to hear what I have. its a video. Where I talk in.. *Dicking with ya lol*

And we don't have generals leading a march. We are simply in need of people putting a video up of saying blah blah blah, what I think is important and btw, check out Masters video!

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD