We are Fighters

Characters Blackburry's DOA5LR Tier List

Discussion in 'Dead or Alive 5 Last Round System Discussion' started by Blackburry, Jul 13, 2018.

1. Blackburry

Blackburry Well-Known Member

Main Character:
    Christie
    Gamertag:
    FC Blackburry
    3DS Friend Code:
    5112-4570-2083
    PSN ID:
    Raion-X
    SS: :genfu:

S: :christie: , :leifang: , :eliot:, :phase4:, :hayabusa:, :rig:

A: :tina: , :mai: , :pai: , :hayate: , :bayman:, :akira: , :helena: , :ayane:

B: :mila: ,:marierose:, :zack:,:rachel:, :kasumi:, :jannlee:,:alpha152:,:lisa:,:sarah:,:kokoro:

C: :hitomi:, :jacky:, :nyotengu:, :bass:, :bradwong:

D: :leon:, :momiji:, :honoka:, :naotora:, :cyborg:

E: :ein:

I briefly discuss why I think each character is where they are on my twitch: twitch.tv/blackburrychaos
    Sorry if I didn't touch of every point as each character could be debated and discuss for a long time.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2018 at 4:48 AM
    Bacaww likes this.
  2. Immortal Ninja

Immortal Ninja New Member

Hey just wanted to share my personal final tier list for DOA5LR as well since DOA 6 is coming soon.

(Not in any particular order)

High: Leifang - Gen Fu - Bayman - Christie - Helena - Hayabusa - Eliot - Alpha

Mid-High: Kokoro - Lisa - Rig - Kasumi - Phase 4 - Pai - Akira - Hayate

Mid: Jann Lee - Marie Rose - Mila - Mai - Sarah - Jacky - Ayane - Brad - Tina

Mid-Low: Hitomi - Leon - Momiji - Nyotengu - Rachel - Zack - Bass

Low: Nao - Honoka - Ein - Raidou

3. ryu_highabusa

ryu_highabusa Active Member

PSN ID:
    ryu_highabusa
    How can ya'll have definitive tier lists when they just discovered new tech two weeks ago? Bruh.

4. Blackburry

Main Character:
    Christie
    Gamertag:
    FC Blackburry
    3DS Friend Code:
    5112-4570-2083
    PSN ID:
    Raion-X
    Quite easy, and I am not basing this list on FSDC, because the meta hasn't reached a point where it is viable competitively yet. Not only that but DOA5 is holding on to life by a thread, and would already be done if it wasn't for DOA6 coming so soon, but again DOA6 is coming so yeah.

Radiance and deathofaninja like this.
  5. Bacaww

Bacaww Well-Known Member

Main Character:
    Marie Rose
    PSN ID:
    Rudio1337
    For what reason is the tier difference between Phase 4 and Kasumi so big

6. Force_of_Nature

Force_of_Nature Well-Known Member
    Standard Donor

Main Character:
    Ayane
    PSN ID:
    Force_of_Nature9
    Damage.

Kasumi still seems a bit low though.

7. Bacaww

Bacaww Well-Known Member

Main Character:
    Marie Rose
    PSN ID:
    Rudio1337
    Kasumi can still do a fair amount of damage without having so much risks attached like P4, I think Kasumi should move up to A-tier

8. Blackburry

Main Character:
    Christie
    Gamertag:
    FC Blackburry
    3DS Friend Code:
    5112-4570-2083
    PSN ID:
    Raion-X
    No Kasumi isn't really that great to be completely honest. She has to play a lot of stun game for fairly average damage. Phase 4 does an insane amount of damage on normal hit, counter hit, and from throws. Her 2p is 0, and she is the fastest speed class in the game, so phase 4 has a really easy time opening you up. On top of that, she has some really low-risk high reward situations.

Keep in mind B tier isn't terrible. She's mid.

deathofaninja likes this.
  9. Ethan

Ethan New Member

Gamertag:
    ethan_187
    PSN ID:
    ethan_187
    I thought since this is the end I'd drop my Tier list.
    S- Gen, Christie, Leifang, Hayate, Rig, Eliot

A- Phase, Tina, Hayabusa, Akira, Mai, Bayman, Ayane, Helena, Pai, Mila, Zack

B- Alpha, Sarah, Rachel, Hitomi, Jann, Lisa, Kasumi, Kokoro, Marie, Jacky

C- Nyotengu, Bass, Leon, Brad

D- Momiji, Raidou, Honoka, Naotora

E- Ein

Last edited: Jul 20, 2018 at 6:36 PM
  10. Bacaww

Bacaww Well-Known Member

Main Character:
    Marie Rose
    PSN ID:
    Rudio1337
    Phase 4 barely has strings and 90% of her moves are unsafe. Which already makes her a high risk character, she has to commit on every occassion to open up the opponent. Whereas Kasumi as more options and is a tad safer in this aspect, Kasumi has to work a bit harder for damage but it certainly isnt on the lower end. I would put them both in the A-tier but thats just my opinion

11. KasumiLover

KasumiLover Well-Known Member
    Standard Donor

Main Character:
    Kasumi
    3DS Friend Code:
    0259-0893-6176
    PSN ID:
    Neasharulz
    Uh... Since when is Kasumi lower than Marie Rose? XD and since when is Phase 4 higher than Kasumi? Kasumi imo should be A tier below Ayane, and Phase should be a high D. Marie Rose should be a mid to upper C, and Brad, Bass, Nyo, Alpha, Eliot, and Ryu should be lower imo. Rachel should also be lower, she's not better than Kasumi is, and Sarah could be a few notches higher. Naotora.... Uh yeah she's where she needs to xD Mai could be somewhat higher imo as well

12. Blackburry

Main Character:
    Christie
    Gamertag:
    FC Blackburry
    3DS Friend Code:
    5112-4570-2083
    PSN ID:
    Raion-X
    Watch my archive for my explanation. Phase 4 and Kasumi aren't anywhere near each other. Phase is vastly superior.

Radiance likes this.
  13. Blackburry

Main Character:
    Christie
    Gamertag:
    FC Blackburry
    3DS Friend Code:
    5112-4570-2083
    PSN ID:
    Raion-X
    Phase 4 isn't anywhere lower than S. I don't understand how anyone that's watched the competitive scene for the past 2 years can't see that. You guys look at characters on paper too much. Kasumi isn't that great. This is nothing new. Her best version was vanilla.

Radiance and Camel with 2 thumbs like this.
  14. KasumiLover

Standard Donor

Main Character:
    Kasumi
    3DS Friend Code:
    0259-0893-6176
    PSN ID:
    Neasharulz
    I disagree tbh. Phase 4 isn't the WORST character but she's not good. She has Kasumi's neutral frames but her 12i kick which is a frame slower somewhat hurts her. She lacks the parries Kasumi does, and she has awful mix ups and is not nearly as versatile. The players who play her however are able to use her to hee full potential which is why she's won tourneys, but it's difficult to do. Kasumi is far better but far more risky to use and has to work harder for her damage unlike Phase 4 who hits like a truck once she gets her long juggles going. While Phase is worse than Kasumi, at high level, Phase 4's damage output coupled with her scary stun game overall just seems more worth it which is why I think Phase is seen more at these competitive scenes.

I think the highest Phase 4 could be is perhaps mid or low C if you want to be nice. I also don't truly see how Rachel and Marie Rose are above Kasumi either, that doesn't make sense imo

15. Blackburry

Main Character:
    Christie
    Gamertag:
    FC Blackburry
    3DS Friend Code:
    5112-4570-2083
    PSN ID:
    Raion-X
    All I have to say is there is a reason Kwiggle uses Phase 4 so much. You can have your opinion I guess though.

Radiance likes this.
  16. Bacaww

Bacaww Well-Known Member

Main Character:
    Marie Rose
    PSN ID:
    Rudio1337
    From a tournament perspective I guess you're right, I see way more Phase 4's dominating the scene (mainly Kwiggles) than Kasumis. Phase 4 definitely has the better mix ups and damage but Kasumi shouldnt be underestimated earlier.

"Phase 4 has awful mix-ups" oh boy here we go again. Also Rachel, Marie and Kasumi are placed in the same tier, there is no from best to worst sequence within the tiers lmao that would be pointless

17. NightAntilli

NightAntilli Well-Known Member

Main Character:
    Leifang
    Gamertag:
    nightantilli
    3DS Friend Code:
    1977-0233-0797
    Didn't look at your reasons (yet), since I'm at work. But for now, this is what I think;

Phase 4 heavily overrated
    Leifang slightly overrated
    Ayane slightly underrated
    Hayate slightly overrated
    Kasumi slightly underrated
    Alpha-152 slightly underrated
    Jann Lee slightly overrated
    Bass slightly underrated
    Honoka slightly underrated

Slightly over/underrated: should be one tier higher/lower
    Heavily over/underrated: Should be two or more tiers higher/lower.

Mr. Wah likes this.
  18. KasumiLover

Standard Donor

Main Character:
    Kasumi
    3DS Friend Code:
    0259-0893-6176
    PSN ID:
    Neasharulz
    I'm not arguing again. By mix ups I mean in string ones. Kasumi is better since from like 5K she has 3 different options while Phase only has one besides free cancelling. And Kasumi isn't in the same tier as Rachel or Marie, Kasumi is A tier at the highest, Rachel is low B to mid C at the highest and Marie is mid to low B at the highest or high C at the lowest

If by mix ups you mean your take on the term then Phase is better since her stun game is scarier but string wise Kasumi is better

19. Bacaww

Bacaww Well-Known Member

Main Character:
    Marie Rose
    PSN ID:
    Rudio1337
    I am referring to Blackberry's list, not the "official" tier list or whichever tier list u're looking at. Rachel, Kasumi and Marie are all in the same tier there.

20. KasumiLover

Standard Donor

Main Character:
    Kasumi
    3DS Friend Code:
    0259-0893-6176
    PSN ID:
    Neasharulz
    ....Im not speaking on the ""official"" tier list or whichever list you're referring to, I'm saying that their placement on BB's list is wrong tho and I'm saying where they should be placed, taking their pros as well as their cons into account as well