Brad Wong's top ten moves?

HiguraShiki

woooooow man thanks alot v.v...
Yea, I just figured it out... well, if the opponent decides to do this, you can just let the whole grab animation go and do the actual grab instead. 9 out of 10 times the player doesn't know that simply BD'ing will escape it.

Seppu

lmao. or you can just time it correctly so that they're left facing a wall, that way they can't backdash at all.

HiguraShiki

lmao. or you can just time it correctly so that they're left facing a wall, that way they can't backdash at all.
I gotta try that. There was one dude that kept backing away since he was tired of me hitting him with that move. I ended up just letting the whole roll animation play out, but that's gotta be funny to try.
@Belinea: Aww thats just screwed up.... sigh... the new patch better make this crap guaranteed...

Belinea

Yeah it definitely sucks, but it's just the way these games work for some reason. And it isn't just Brad, every character losses their guaranteed setups if they accidently HCB their opponent.

HiguraShiki

Actually, I just found out. If they try to BD away after you finish your BT :H+P::5::H+P:, you can just dash after them and grab them. A Rig player I knew kept backdashing away, but I somehow accidently dashed after him and threw him. For some reason, when Rig was dashing away, he was dashing away in BT (dono if that is cause of the BT throw placement), so it ends up turning into a BT on BT grab, which can actually reward you with a :6::P::P:. I still need further testing on it though. The only downside is that it will turn into a guessing game between whether they backdash away or try to duck the grab.

WiZzYx

My Top 5 moves (yes 5, not 10 :))

1- :4: :K: :2: :K: :5: :H+P: But punisheable on block...nothing is perfect.
2- :8: :K: A very quick low crush. very useful against by example, Kokoro and their strings that begins with low kicks
3- :1_: :P: Yes, this is an universal high crush for all chars, but for Brad is extremely useful. From here you have several options like low throw (a chance to get a Hi-Counter Throw), :8: :K: to Handstand, :1_: :P: :K: to get some spacing, etc.
4-BT :2: :P+K: A great way to begin a juggle with :K: or the air grab with :K: :8:
5- :4: :P: Evade normal throws and highs attacks. We can continue the secuence with a launcher :P: (on Counter Strike or Hi-Counter Strike), just get Back Turned if the opponent block, or an evasion with :8: or :2: .

Tulkas

Premium Donor
EDIT: This list is outdate as I have changed my Brad game. Please see my next post.

These are moves I've lately use most often and successfull. Many are strings which forces foes to follow my flow. Starting from best to worse:
  • 4p...
  • 2h+k...
  • While Rising k...
  • BT t...
  • BT k+f
  • 1k...
  • 1p... / BT 1p...
  • While Running p / 246 p
  • SS...
  • h+k...

Last edited:

HoodsXx

Up to date version

Welp this be mad old lol. But Imma post up my stuff

10) :2: :P+K: This move crushes highs and in some instances during closed stance or Open stance depending on the opponents move it'll make them whiff their attack.

9) :3::P+K: Same as above.

8) :4::P:/:P:/:K: This move also crushes highs and is very good with its follow ups one being a launcher on CH lift stun on NH. The K on the other hand crushes both highs and mids. This move gives you a crumple stun on CH and a Lift stun on NH. *note* If the opponent is doing a crouching move they will be put in a lift stun on CH. *note* can be used to follow up with LFT K at a wall

7) BT :6::K: This move is semi safe on block and has nice follow ups. A stunning low and a tracking high punch that is safe on block. Another thing to note is that in stun this is a great tool for mixups

6) BT :6::P+K: This move here is really rewarding both on hit and block. On block it's -3 and has a follow up that us semi safe. The amazing thing about this move though is that the delay follow up is extremely long letting you catch someone from trying to strike you for potentially free canceling. On top of that if you condition your opponent to Side Step you have two options to deal with it since you're in BT. Those moves being BT :P+K: and BT :4::P:.

5) :2::H+K: This move here is a godsend and probably your most used move out of Brad's entire movelist. It chips a great deal as well as stuns on NH and CH. The other great thing about this tool is that it stops people from Side Stepping you because it tracks. On top of that you can go into LFT and force the opponent to guess what you're going to go for.

4) :1::K:/:K:/:2::K: This move does the same job as the previous move I mentioned but has a lot more use because of the followups that it has. The low kick to the mid kick launches on CH and is a lift stun on NH which also has more followups after that if you happen to get the stun off on the opponent. The low kick to low kick stuns on NH and CH on top of letting you not only go into LFT but it also lets you go into HandStand as well. Both stance transitions leave you at advantage. The killer thing about this move though is that it is a great mindgame tool in that you can force somebody to block and either go for the mid kick after the low to stun them and start your mixups or you can low throw them. From there you're already in their head and they have to now start guessing more than they should have to.

3) :K::K: Most may think this move is pretty average. But this move in of itself is not only really safe on block as a poking tool it is quite stellar on top of having solid followups and a stance transition on block that leaves him at +1.

2) BT :F::5::F: This is your go to bread and butter grab whenever you have the chance to do so. It gives you a guaranteed :2::P+K: which lets you go for another guaranteed move that leads into a juggle for full damage. Or you can start running mixups after the :2::P+K: hits using :6: :2::P: or LFT :P:. Both give you good mixups to reset the situation if you catch your opponent with your BT throw again.

1) :3::K: This move here has it all imo. Lift stun on NH and CH, amazing delayed follow ups that also lift stun on NH/CH (excluding the last followup on CH as that launches), as well as having a transition into his crane stance (DHO as we call it). Not only is it amazing for the stun game it is also a great tool in neutral and doing footies as well as having an extreme amount of advantage that you can go into BT safely and start mixing them up from there. You will definitely be using this move a lot to catch crouching opponents as well as to fish for that counter hit. (CH)

0) If I was able to add one more move it would be :4::F: Now the reason I mentioned this move is because it has two grab follow ups that are guaranteed. One being better suited for walls: BT:F:. And the other being better in open space :6::F:. The grab I just mentioned gives you a guaranteed force tech if you realize that the opponent doesn't tech when he hits the ground. Meaning the opponent can never wake up kick you.

These are my top Ten in order from worst to best.

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
:3::K::6::K: or any move that has that amazing GB is also very important. If you know they'll be blocking do, :3::K::6::K::2_:. You will be right at their feet with head facing lie down. And if both of those kicks land, then you're in CB range.

The moves to that GB are:
1. :P::P::6::K:
2. :2::K::6::K:
3. BT:K:
4. :3::K::6::K:
5. :2::H+K::K:

Last edited:

Lulu

:3::K::6::K: or any move that has that amazing GB is also very important. If you know they'll be blocking do, :3::K::6::K::2_:. You will be right at their feet with head facing lie down. And if both of those kicks land, then you're in CB range.

The moves to that GB are:
1. :P::P::6::K:
2. :2::K::6::K:
3. BT:K:
4. :3::K::6::K:
5. :2::H+K::K:

Is that Kick Interruptable Mid String ?

Obviously due to Brad's Mixups one doesn't have to concern themselves too much with being counterpoked..... its just too risky a gamble for the opponnent.

Tulkas

Premium Donor
Is that Kick Interruptable Mid String ?

Obviously due to Brad's Mixups one doesn't have to concern themselves too much with being counterpoked..... its just too risky a gamble for the opponnent.
I did some testing time ago and I found it can be interrupted by i9 jab as well as i11 mids. Maybe it is also interrupted by some slower strikes, but I didn't tested so.

Moreover, 3k(6k) is a high move, so it can be crushed. I think Chtistie laughes on 3k because she can beat all the follow ups with a single move: her chrouching side step. Maybe Bayman too.

Lulu

Hopefully I get some stream time at Winter Brawl this weekend. I'll be playing Brad.

:eek: *GASP* !!!

I did some testing time ago and I found it can be interrupted by i9 jab as well as i11 mids. Maybe it is also interrupted by some slower strikes, but I didn't tested so.

Moreover, 3k(6k) is a high move, so it can be crushed. I think Chtistie laughes on 3k because she can beat all the follow ups with a single move: her chrouching side step. Maybe Bayman too.

No Problem..... He's got other options..... probably. ;)

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD