News Capcom Sues Koei-Tecmo

Capcom has decided to sue Koei-Tecmo over patent infringement for 50 titles for about 9.43 million. However, this patent started back in 2002, before games like Dead or Alive: Ultimate were even released. So I wonder what this will do to Team Ninja, and how they are involved.

Another patent was mentioned that KT copied a controller vibrating feature for invite notifications that has "greatly contributed" to Tecmo's game sales. I'm sorry... to those that are blind and deaf at the same time!?

Capcom is looking for 5-10% in licensing fees. They're also demanding that several Koei Tecmo games are suspended in sales.

Siliconera has the perfect pic for this
image.jpg

Capcom use to be a company that most people respected. Nowadays all they care about is milking SF4 and taking money that is not rightfully theirs. Fuck Crapcom.

So let me get this straight. KT used 50 patent items of Capcom? And Capcom didn't try to sue after the 1st patent item?
Definitely sounds like they are trying to cash in on KT's money that has been coming in

the funny thing is Capcom's Sengoku Bassara a successful series copied the Dynasty warriors formula down to T almost and they're suing for KT for a stupid vibration feature which no DW player seems to recall being in the game saying its "contributed heavily to the sells"

the funny thing is Capcom's Sengoku Bassara a successful series copied the Dynasty warriors formula down to T almost and they're suing for KT for a stupid vibration feature which no DW player seems to recall being in the game saying its "contributed heavily to the sells"

Hmm, Why compete fairly when you can sue their asses? -_- *Sighs* Crapcom...

Heh. It makes me to remember when Oracle sued Google for a Java-related-patent infringements when Android was built. Amount of sued money was crazy (billions) and licensing fees was also sued, similar to this Capcom vs KT case. Also -as far as first post explains- supposed patent infringements in Oracle vs Google were as ridiculous as those in this new case are.

Finally, Oracle lost. At the end of the day he just made a big -and shameful- ass of himself. I bet Capcom will loose too and I would like to see a counter-sue for this ridiculous insolence. What a bad image now I have from Capcom... envy, greed, dishonor...

Patent trolling is out of hands. That shit (laws) need to be updated because it's 100 fucking years out of date.

It's like burning down shops because years ago you had one that had an object with 4 legs used for the purpose of sitting in a store, during and outside of store hours for patrons and workers a like.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patent_troll

There's an asshole out there sueing podcasters because he owns the patents.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD