(Casual) Best ways to get behind opponents?

illninofan

Hello all,

I'm new to the forum and the game (have been playing for about a month), so apologies in advance if this is the wrong place to post this question.

One thing that I was curious about were ways to attack the opponent from behind more consistently that doesn't involve anything character specific (I.E. Alpha-152's teleport ability).

I saw these videos:

Thought this was cool, and decided to mimic the displayed commands and try it for myself. Problem is when I try it, I get bopped. :oops:

I'm able to do it every so often and execute a decent string, but I'd like a little more consistency. I keep trying to press :2::2: or :8::8: after running while in close, but I'm not sure this is the right way.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks again, and apologies for such a newb question. :(

EDIT: Oh, and I don't plan on using this in competition or even online. Purely for my own amusement. :)

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Hello all,

I'm new to the forum and the game (have been playing for about a month), so apologies in advance if this is the wrong place to post this question.

One thing that I was curious about were ways to attack the opponent from behind more consistently that doesn't involve anything character specific (I.E. Alpha-152's teleport ability).

I saw these videos:

Thought this was cool, and decided to mimic the displayed commands and try it for myself. Problem is when I try it, I get bopped. :oops:

I'm able to do it every so often and execute a decent string, but I'd like a little more consistency. I keep trying to press :2::2: or :8::8: after running while in close, but I'm not sure this is the right way.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks again, and apologies for such a newb question. :(

EDIT: Oh, and I don't plan on using this in competition or even online. Purely for my own amusement. :)
Opponents like Ayane have attacks that leave them in a backturned state granting you free damage of they are at a big enough disadvantage depending on attack. Some characters also guaranteed attacks on backturned opponents like Kasumi's :6::P::K::K:, Naotora's :6::K::K::K::6::K:, and Marie Rose's :6::P::K:

If your opponent is not moving or is in the middle of a charge attack you can also :8_: or :2_: to move to the side to get behind them too but :8::8: or :2::2: imo is a more accurate way to since three sidesteps get you behind your opponent more accurately

Last edited:

illninofan

Opponents like Ayane have attacks that leave them in a backturned state granting you free damage of they are at a big enough disadvantage depending on attack. Some characters also guaranteed attacks on backturned opponents like Kasumi's :6::P::K::K:, Naotora's :6::K::K::K::6::K:, and Marie Rose's :6::P::K:

If your opponent is not moving or is in the middle of a charge attack you can also :8_: or :2_: to move to the side to get behind them too but :8::8: or :2::2: imo is a more accurate way to since three sidesteps get you behind your opponent more accurately

My main is Honoka. Best ways using her specifically? I've gone through all of her moves and for the life of me I can't think of anything. She really does seem to be a salad (though I guess that was the point XD).

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
My main is Honoka. Best ways using her specifically? I've gone through all of her moves and for the life of me I can't think of anything. She really does seem to be a salad (though I guess that was the point XD).
I don't know anything about Honoka honestly but I do know she has virtually no ways to put the opponent BT by any move means unfortunately, I remember Panic-sensei saying that

illninofan

I don't know anything about Honoka honestly but I do know she has virtually no ways to put the opponent BT by any move means unfortunately, I remember Panic-sensei saying that

That's fine. I will give sidestepping three times a try as well as :2_::8_: during charge attacks.

Thank you for your help.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD