Character Builds

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
I don't care how William looks so I'll prioritize close combat health regen, mid stance damage, and other passive boosts along those lines. I intend to have a full set of awesome armor by the end of the game but I won't be too choosy early on.

Brute

Standard Donor
Lots of ki and high damage output. I always keep myself in the "green" weight for equipment since I like to be light on my feet. Will most likely be upgrading "heart" and whichever stat boosts the kusari-gama.

BTW: Does anyone know if 100 is the max level, or can you keep going indefinitely? There's an achievement for reaching level 100, but whether that's a hard cap or not will change how I allocate my upgrades.

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
Lots of ki and high damage output. I always keep myself in the "green" weight for equipment since I like to be light on my feet. Will most likely be upgrading "heart" and whichever stat boosts the kusari-gama.

BTW: Does anyone know if 100 is the max level, or can you keep going indefinitely? There's an achievement for reaching level 100, but whether that's a hard cap or not will change how I allocate my upgrades.

What happens if your equipment weight is in the red?

I just been mainly upgrading Heart and the 2 magics.

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
You can't dodge as quickly, move slower, can't use some passives, etc. etc.
:O

This whole time I thought having a lot of inventory equipment slowed you down.

So as long as my weight is green, my speed won't reduce no matter the weight?

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
:O

This whole time I thought having a lot of inventory equipment slowed you down.

So as long as my weight is green, my speed won't reduce no matter the weight?
Correct. I'm impressed you didn't know that, actually. Kind of reminds me of how I didn't realize I could manually use healing items in FFXV for like the first ten hours of play.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
With the joke aside I made up there, I think I may run standard on a playthrough to experience the game full first before doing any bare handed runs. I'll likely keep my gear light with a mixture. No heavy likely but will keep sets for spare.

Might try new weapons ideas too and newer combos.

Brute

Standard Donor
So currently I'm around level 120. I boosted spirit to 11 since I invariably use the Isonade spirirt and his final boost requires 11 spirirt.

I'm primarily a sword/kusari-gama player, so I dumped 50 points into both Heart and Dexterity. I enjoy having enough ki to bully most defensive enemies into submission, but I'm a bit lost as to what i should be spending my insane amount of Ninja points on. I already have all of the passive mobility boosts, as well as the quick-change scrolls and the thing that lets you retrieve your arrow/bullet if it lands a killing critical shot. I also have the barehand counter-attack, but I still have tons of unallocated ninja points. I'm open to suggestions.

I also have 20 points in Omnyo magic (a necessity if you want the Mystic Art trophy or are a completionist and want to finish all of the Dojo missions. I've been carrying around 6 Oasis Talismans which is nice because it lets me horde up on Elixirs for a rainy day.

But that's where I'm at, as of today. My gameplay it primarily centered on sapping enemies' ki to open them up for grapples/finishing moves. If I need crowd control of massive health damage I jump to the kusari-gama and unleash hell with the Reaper skill.

CT3eatz

Hi guys I'm brand new to the forums and this game. I about an hour in to nioh and I'm already in love. As a long time blood borne player this game definitely tugs at my heart strings. Well anyways, as the title says I wanna know what weapons are good with the ninjitsu build? My play style usually is attack fast and chip away at my enemy and dodge frequently. I also love the idea of sneaking around. From what I read all there is, is the chain weapon (kariugami) or how ever u spell it. Is there anything else? Dual daggers or a ninja sword?

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
I haven't been digging into Ninjutsu as much besides getting the passive skills and mystic arte, though I might use a Book of Reincarnation for respec and new build idea which might involve Ninjustu or Onmyo.

Last edited:

Brute

Standard Donor
Kusari-gama is the best, as it scales well with the Dexterity stat (the primary one used for ninjutsu). Two swords are always a good bet, as they scale with a few different attributes (including Skill). Two swords are also in general kinda OP, and this is coming from a kusari-gama player.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Merged.

I'm currently running a pretty jack-of-all-trades build but I'll probably respec at some point. Heavily leaning on Heart as I'm playing through exclusively with single sword.

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
Don't double-post
Hi guys I'm brand new to the forums and this game. I about an hour in to nioh and I'm already in love. As a long time blood borne player this game definitely tugs at my heart strings. Well anyways, as the title says I wanna know what weapons are good with the ninjitsu build? My play style usually is attack fast and chip away at my enemy and dodge frequently. I also love the idea of sneaking around. From what I read all there is, is the chain weapon (kariugami) or how ever u spell it. Is there anything else? Dual daggers or a ninja sword?

Have a Iga weapon in your secondary slot to get the set bonus and then just use whatever weapon you want

So currently I'm around level 120. I boosted spirit to 11 since I invariably use the Isonade spirirt and his final boost requires 11 spirirt.

I'm primarily a sword/kusari-gama player, so I dumped 50 points into both Heart and Dexterity. I enjoy having enough ki to bully most defensive enemies into submission, but I'm a bit lost as to what i should be spending my insane amount of Ninja points on. I already have all of the passive mobility boosts, as well as the quick-change scrolls and the thing that lets you retrieve your arrow/bullet if it lands a killing critical shot. I also have the barehand counter-attack, but I still have tons of unallocated ninja points. I'm open to suggestions.

I also have 20 points in Omnyo magic (a necessity if you want the Mystic Art trophy or are a completionist and want to finish all of the Dojo missions. I've been carrying around 6 Oasis Talismans which is nice because it lets me horde up on Elixirs for a rainy day.

But that's where I'm at, as of today. My gameplay it primarily centered on sapping enemies' ki to open them up for grapples/finishing moves. If I need crowd control of massive health damage I jump to the kusari-gama and unleash hell with the Reaper skill.

Do you have power pill and the scrolls that make u hard to detect? Pair that together - sneak behind an enemy and you can one shot your way the whole level.

Do you have all 3 kunais paired with the mystic art that Increases kunai damage? 700+ hit per kunai - stun locks the enemy - drains a lot of the enemies stamina

And the one that gives you free shot even if you run out of ammo

Last edited by a moderator:

Brute

Standard Donor
Do you have power pill and the scrolls that make u hard to detect? Pair that together - sneak behind an enemy and you can one shot your way the whole level.

Do you have all 3 kunais paired with the mystic art that Increases kunai damage? 700+ hit per kunai - stun locks the enemy - drains a lot of the enemies stamina

And the one that gives you free shot even if you run out of ammo
1) Don't double-post.

2) I don't have the kunai, but I prefer to use the alternative mystic art to quickly apply emergency quick-change scrolls, which are indispensable in co-op. The idea does seem intriguing though, so I might try it. Sneak scroll and power pills seem like a good bet, however.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Can you guys explain this one for me? still trying to figure it out till this day. Lately I've been seeing videos of players putting up 99 points into one stat but ignore everything else and just steam roll things like it's nothing. Why is that? (Ex: Putting Skill into 99 and putting everything else like 20 or 15). So is there any sorts of benefits for doing that? I thought stat points doesn't really matter much since gear can pretty much carry the player mostly through everything.

Brute

Standard Donor
Can you guys explain this one for me? still trying to figure it out till this day. Lately I've been seeing videos of players putting up 99 points into one stat but ignore everything else and just steam roll things like it's nothing. Why is that? (Ex: Putting Skill into 99 and putting everything else like 20 or 15). So is there any sorts of benefits for doing that? I thought stat points doesn't really matter much since gear can pretty much carry the player mostly through everything.
They use equipment that changes the used stat to whatever they upgraded. For example, there's a stat on swords "CHANGE ATTACK TO SPIRIT A" which will modify the weapon's damage based on your Spirit stat instead of your Heart stat.

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
1) Don't double-post.

2) I don't have the kunai, but I prefer to use the alternative mystic art to quickly apply emergency quick-change scrolls, which are indispensable in co-op. The idea does seem intriguing though, so I might try it. Sneak scroll and power pills seem like a good bet, however.

Yup

Did 2 regions Main/Sub missions in 2 hours (ng+) because of invisible combo.

Literally just run past everything until I reach the boss. Summon spirit + power pill = dead in less than a minute lol.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD