Character Select screen leak

Onryoki

Standard Donor
You seem to think I at some point praised Leon's story beyond the point that it's marginally better than much of the putrid shit that populates the genre, which I didn't do. My point is that all of their stories are "bland, boring and forgettable," including Leon. Thus, it's a terrible idea to dictate your roster based on such criteria, which is allegedly what TN is claiming their strategy was for DOA6. For the record, Brad Wong is returning, a character you claim is just filler. So why bring him back and not Leon? "Story" seems like a pretty damn weak justification.

"Win the tournament" is not a character. You can make Leon's goal (or literally anyone else's) "to win the tournament" if you want and it would make just as much sense with his character as it does for Hitomi, both whom have already had closure in their respective character arcs to prove themselves.

Cherry-picking Hayabusa, a character popular because of a different game series altogether, is not really evidence that male characters are largely as popular among DOA's audience as female characters. Though even if it did, that doesn't really change anything about the Leon situation.

The "sorry to break it to you" thing only works if you actually introduce new information that the other party wasn't already aware of. Let me be perfectly clear: even discounting any opinions on the rest of his character, Leon's gameplay alone is more than enough to justify his inclusion.
D969A736-0667-47B6-B54C-2A78030F631A.gif

Oh well, I guess Team Ninja handles different criteria than you to justify ones inclusion. Wouldn’t mind him returning but he won’t be missed either. I don’t think TN will include Leon in the base roster for following sequels. It’s a shame but it is, what it is.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Team Ninja and consistency are like water and electricity, it doesn’t go together.
The triangle system, universal holds, interactive environments, great visuals, and a story that mainly centers around the ninjas.

Right off the bat that's 5 things Team Ninja's been consistent about since the beginning when it comes to Dead or Alive, aside from an omission that's been beaten like a dead horse that'll remain nameless.

Oh, and giving the males the short end of the stick with costumes. They've been consistent with that too.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD