Character smilies

TRI Mike

We have some very pretty smilies for the characters from the DOA1-3 era + Lisa and Alpha but we're missing Koko, Eliot, Spartan and the DOA5 new dudes. I know Matt always suggests to match the style and I agree so why doesn't someone take care of it¿ I can't draw so I cannot do it.

What's the situation regarding this¿ I'm sure we have a few members with excellent drawing abilities, they'd only have to take care or Kokoro, Eliot, Spartan, Mila, Rig, Akira, Pai, Sarah, Jacky and Momiji... right¿

Ghosty-J

*dramatic entry*

tumblr_mknisnkHzX1qa5504o1_500.gif

I think I might be able to take care of that smiley situation. With enough time and motivation over the summer, I think I might pick up where the previous artist left off. No complete guarantees though. Still wouldn't mind pitching in whenever it's possible.

synce

I remember earlier this year I had some ideas for the whole cast but never followed through. I might do just Mila and Momiji if I can find some time but my chibi style is a little different. Here's an old Jann Lee scrap

rough-chibilee_zps477681dd.jpg~original

TRI Mike

I'm pretty sure Matt will want any new smilies to be as closely similar to the old ones and I personally agree with him. You think you can try that¿

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Might also help if you move her to the left and then just flip the image horizontally. Her cheek should probably be around the center of the circle in terms of how far you should move her, and maybe give her her alt by putting a bandage over her eye?

vy9o2c.jpg

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
I didn't even realize that it was so similar with Ein. Oopsie. Well, i tried to fix it plus i also changed her color since i think it was little too dark compared to others.

2ykdq28.jpg

Great to see more of her, but I think she's too centered. The current style has the heads a bit more wider and flatter, with the side of their head at the horizontal center of the circle. :)

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
Ooh. I really like that Mila one. Nice work, Chisa.

I would definitely like to see more of these. Don't know why only two DOA4 newcomers were made originally (Lisa and Alpha). Poor Eliot, Kokoro, and SPARTAN getting the shaft.

Kronin

5b71ht.jpg

This is my last change since i can't really make any edits to this drawing without having re-drawing it. So, maybe someone who has more talent could make better Mila smiley?

Personally I think that is very good, but if you want create a Mila smiling, I think that a "challenge smile" would be perfect considering her character. So a thing that don't necessarily reserve to redrawn the image, I was thinking something similar:

HatrMAR.png

(I used paint, have pity of my work...)

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
look good, maybe a different pose for Rig as Mila and Ein have basically the same one?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD