Check your six(Backturn and turn around tech)

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
created this thread to tell you about the wonders of :214::P: and his various turn around stuns such as :K::P: and :P::K::P:

basically the only thing i want to say about his turn arounds is that they work now. Before he hit them too far away to capitalize on it, now it provides a free launch into about 100 damage juggle

ex: (:K::P:, :236::P:, :9::P:, :2::H+P:, :2::2::H+P:) two hits gives me 99 damage

you can also use (:K::P:,:236::P:,:3::3::P:,:3::K:,:2::H+P:,:2::2::H+P:) for 105 damage

keep in mind you can do this neurtral and in stun, but if they are critical the turnaround will knock them down instead.

edit: special thanks to Forlorn Penguin for helping me find good follow ups

on to:214::P: this is important as it enables Bayman to stun his opponent while entering BT keep in mind he can ONLY perform the following techniques right while they're stunned so pick your poison and dish out the pain. To use this effectively you need to be able to react quickly the second you see them block it smash :4: :4: to get some distance before you are counter attacked.

:4::K:, mid kick sitdown stun, can get some serious height with :236::P: go nuts
:3::P:,:3::K: low punch trip into a sit down stun,same deal
:4::P::K::7::P:, CB your opponent before they even realize whats happened.

as you can tell we got some good mid level moves which means you can condition them for a counter and go for his BT:H+P: putting THEM in back turn, though now your close enough to go for a grab in addition to what ive posted above.

there is probably more that ive missed and ill edit later, but for now happy to finally contribute something to the Bayman community :bayman:

Last edited:

dorrzz

If :214::P: were a stun punch while critical, :214::P: could main weapon.
:214::P: (nomal hit),:4::K:, :6::6:(dash),:3::K:,:7::P:or:236::P: ,mid kick sit-down stun combo.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
These sit down stuns aren't as good as they used to be the current set up miraculously beats even fastest stagger escapes I don't think it will with the dash ... meanwhile the :1::P: Doesn't work on even slow stagger escapes. Sometimes I really hate this game

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
:K::P:'s stumble is either going to put them in range of :236::P: or they stumble far away and the opportunity is missed. I tend to avoid this due to it being unreliable unless they stumble towards a wall.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
:K::P:'s stumble is either going to put them in range of :236::P: or they stumble far away and the opportunity is missed. I tend to avoid this due to it being unreliable unless they stumble towards a wall.

I've never had the opponent stumble away from :236p: in time, either computer or player.

:K::P: won't knock people too far, so yeah... it still give you enough time to do :236::P: and a guaranteed follow up after that (eg: :4::P::6::K::3::K::2::H+P::2::2::H+P: for mid weight and lower, except :alpha152: lol)

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
If I recall correctly, from when I initially tested this, it is possible and very easy to whiff the :236::P: after :K::P:. I think that :4::P+K: (which is a NH launcher on BT opponents) is guaranteed to land, but didn't guarantee as much damage with it's follow ups. I'd have to check again to be sure though.

Last edited:

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
If I recall correctly, from when I initially tested this, it is possible and very easy to whiff the :236::P: after :K::P:. I think that :4::P+K: (which is a NH launcher on BT opponents) is guaranteed to land, but didn't guarantee as much damage with it's follow ups. I'd have to check again to be sure though.

you said "initially" im willing to bet your timing was off back then. that may be what's giving Sly Bass issues.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
I just tried it again. It was working flawlessly every time. However, setting the AI to fastest stagger escape caused the :236::P: to whiff more consistently, unless they are close to a wall, like Sly Bass stated. It's possible to land it, but it's very wonky.

Also, in regards to the weaker variant in the OP that deals 99 damage (:K::P:, :236::P:, :9::P::3::P+K::H+P:), I've found a better option. It's possible for the opponent to tech after the :9::P: in time to avoid the :3::P+K::H+P: (the :9::P: is untechable, but the animation of the follow up :3::P+K: is long enough to allow them to tech up in time to avoid the coming ground throw). However, if you simply just do :9::P:, then cancel into :2::H+P:, :2::2::H+P:, the ground throw is unavoidable and the whole setup still deals 99 damage.

So, if you're willing to go for the :236::P: after :K::P:, instead of doing :K::P:, :236::P:, :9::P::3::P+K::H+P:, go for this instead; :K::P:, :236::P:, :9::P:, :2::H+P:, :2::2::H+P:.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
yeah sadly i've noticed that as well, ill use that if the enemy is teching but if they aren't ill stick with :9::P::3::P+K::H+P: aside from feeling/looking better it gives enough space for back rolling their wake up kicks

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD