DOA5LR Cleaning up the slop

SkitchVehemence

The hope for this thread is to get advice and discuss options for cleaning up a players game in regards to input.
I understand that I am a fairly sloppy when it comes to fighting games. I understand combos and stunning as well as frame rate and a few other helpful tools. Yet as a player I feel that I am constantly undermined by my excessive input. It's a problem with my gameplay and it has lost me matches because I'll put myself into unsafe combos and get punished for it. I tend to play characters that are speedy because of this, kasumi, ayane, so on and so forth. This is bad but passable with these characters but with other characters that I am interested in getting better with I constantly get punished.
Let me give an example for anyone who hasn't caught on to what I'm getting at. Say with kasumi, a simple PPP would turn into a PPPPPPP. Just spamming of buttons, I've been working on correcting this and it's getting better but on the other hand I also have directional input problems. While this may simply be a problem with using a controller or D-pad over analog stick I'm unsure but many times I find myself unintentionally throwing attacks that I never intended to input.
So that's it, I'm trying to make my game cleaner because looking at the lab inputs whenever I'm training is disgusting. If anyone has any tips on correcting this that would be wonderful and greatly appreciated. What really triggered this was watching another players combos in practice and the input was beautiful, no slop, no mispressed buttons and as a result things flowed wonderfully. Any help here would be great, thanks for reading.

Giannola

The hope for this thread is to get advice and discuss options for cleaning up a players game in regards to input.
I understand that I am a fairly sloppy when it comes to fighting games. I understand combos and stunning as well as frame rate and a few other helpful tools. Yet as a player I feel that I am constantly undermined by my excessive input. It's a problem with my gameplay and it has lost me matches because I'll put myself into unsafe combos and get punished for it. I tend to play characters that are speedy because of this, kasumi, ayane, so on and so forth. This is bad but passable with these characters but with other characters that I am interested in getting better with I constantly get punished.
Let me give an example for anyone who hasn't caught on to what I'm getting at. Say with kasumi, a simple PPP would turn into a PPPPPPP. Just spamming of buttons, I've been working on correcting this and it's getting better but on the other hand I also have directional input problems. While this may simply be a problem with using a controller or D-pad over analog stick I'm unsure but many times I find myself unintentionally throwing attacks that I never intended to input.
So that's it, I'm trying to make my game cleaner because looking at the lab inputs whenever I'm training is disgusting. If anyone has any tips on correcting this that would be wonderful and greatly appreciated. What really triggered this was watching another players combos in practice and the input was beautiful, no slop, no mispressed buttons and as a result things flowed wonderfully. Any help here would be great, thanks for reading.

Practice slowly, over and over, in dojo. The slower the better. That way you'll build muscle memory to the point that you won't think about what you're trying to do, it will come naturally, and without mashing. Hopefully.

SkitchVehemence

It's an old habit that I am trying to break. I find it's my biggest downfall to playing fighting games, the only game ive not had this problem with is the Naruto fighting series. Though on the other hand I find I'm more precise when I am focusing on keeping my opponent stunned.
I'll play around in training for a bit. Thanks for the advice.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD