DOA5U "Come On, Let's Play" The General Sarah DOA5U Thread

Dave

What moves do you start with. A mid into a high like 6KP, or 6P4K?

I used to use 6P and 4K all the time. Yeas, I use 6KP more now, don't use 6P4K a lot. Is that good? What moves do I need to stay away from? Sometimes I start with 8K for instant launch, works sometimes.

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
6KP jails, doesn't it? I use it a good amount. Only other strings I try to do are 3PK/3PP and 6KK.

6KK is one of my favorite strings. People tend to want to stop Sarah from hitting buttons a lot, so 6KK with a slight delay on the second kick gets more CHs than it really should.

Dave

6KP jails, doesn't it? I use it a good amount. Only other strings I try to do are 3PK/3PP and 6KK.

6KK is one of my favorite strings. People tend to want to stop Sarah from hitting buttons a lot, so 6KK with a slight delay on the second kick gets more CHs than it really should.

I never use that. Thanks for that tip.

Hi, I just started using Sarah and I am having a LOT of issues spacing with her. Any suggestions? 2H+K and running K are the only things I've been doing, but they don't seem to work well, and I don't know any follow ups after. What are her spacing tools?

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
I would just make sure you're pressing buttons for a reason. It looked like some of those strikes were thrown out without considering the outcome. Also, if you block a wake up kick, don't let Kasumi press buttons. Her 9K isn't that good of a crush and her parry isn't scary. The rest is just learning juggles. Sarah has obscenely high stun launch damage and you need to capitalize on it. Don't throw away free damage. For Kasumi weight, I do these combos. They're likely not optimal, but they're fairly easy and do a ton of damage.

Stun KP 4H+K P/[6]P 4H+K 66H+K
Stun 1K P/[6]P 4H+K P/[6]P 4H+K 66H+K
Stun 3P+K 3PK 3PK 7K

Or if they don't seem to know the character, Stun 2P+KK 33H+K 33H+KKH P/[6]P 4H+K 66H+K.

You can't use 4H+K against walls, so just do whatever relaunch (3PK, 33H+K, etc) into 3KK, 7K, or FLA 6KK. Careful about using 33H+K against walls, though, 'cause it can knock them off axis and 'cause the rest of the combo to drop.

For extending stun, you can't go wrong with P, 6P, and 2P+K. 1H+KKH and FLA 1KKH are useful too.

EDIT: And more 3P+K. Sarah 3P+K is so good. Safe crush with good range. That launches on CH and very long stun on NH.

Last edited:

JDSILVA

Hi, I just started using Sarah and I am having a LOT of issues spacing with her. Any suggestions? 2H+K and running K are the only things I've been doing, but they don't seem to work well, and I don't know any follow ups after. What are her spacing tools?

as StrikerSashi said 4P+K is ok but is has slow startup so it best used preemptive instead of as a reaction.
33H+KK with this you usually intend to whiff the initial 33H+K and land the hit with the final K so you can bait people into the K after the initial whiff and if the final K is blocked it's still + on block even just using 33H+K after you have conditioned people to expect the K lets you open them up
6P+K3PK is the same you intend to land the K as it has good reach and is + on block and like 33H+KK you can drop the final K after you have conditioned them
4H+K canceling is a good spacing tool when used with P+KH in flamingo stance and it moves you forward too so that makes it good when used right don't randomly do the sidesteps space the sidesteps and calculate how many you want to do and the followup right after.
66K is decent.
33KK is not to bad either for when they run in.
and as you know 2H+K is good too.
as StrikerSashi mentioned 3P+K isn't a bad option too.

Just keep in mind with Sarah her spacing is hard to get good with as she doesn't really have one very good spacing tool for you to rely on it will always change depending on the situation and opponent.

one final thing to just improve a little on the first combo StrikerSashi mentioned to genocide_cutter
instead of Stun KP 4H+K P/[6]P 4H+K 66H+K i would suggest Stun KP,33H+KKH,P,4H+K,66H+K or Stun KP,33H+KKH,P,3KK for the wall version.

Last edited:

nzm

Hello I was just wondering if these sarah tutorials:

DOA5 Sarah Combo Guide " I'm no pushover, sweetie ! " (v1.02)

DOA5 Sarah Combo Guide (v1.03a)

DOA5U Sarah Combo Video

Is still reliable in Last round? I'm new to DOA and i want to learn sarah.

JDSILVA

I would advise looking at guides from Ultimate as pretty much everything from there is still relevant as for vanilla 5 a lot of stuff is no longer relevant as Sarah got new tools in ultimate there are clear combos from vanilla 5 that still work but that would be too extensive to list out. I'd advise watching 866AiN999's channel as it has a lot of Sarah matches that will help you learn her tools and general footsie. So anything where the health bar is either orange or green your fine avoid the blue health bars.

Reactions: nzm

JDSILVA

Um which one of those Sarah tutorial video's is the Ultimate version? ^
The third one. The color of the health bars indicates which version of the game it is with the original (DOA5) having blue, Ultimate (DOA5U) having orange and Last Round (DOA5LR) having green health bars.

Reactions: nzm

Lulu

Does Sarah have any Guard Breaks ?
She doesn't need them but if she does have one I'd certainly like to know what they are...... the number one candidate would be her Wild Cat (Forward Slide :H+K:).

Edit: allright so it looks like Sarah has at least 4 Guard Breaks.... thats actually quite alot, no wonder the made her super light.

I guessed right, Wild Cat does guard break but all you get is +6 and BT.
They are 3 others I know of but I don't have the data on them.

Edit2: okay the other three guard breaks are the Mid Spin Slicer at +17, The Blizzard Kick at +9 and The Spear Combo at +4.
There might be one more....

Last edited:

Lulu

So when are we gonna get a Sarah a beginner's guide ?
As the easiest to learn of the all VF Characters I would've hoped to see more Sarah players and more traffic around here....
Well, is anybody up to the task ?

Nuke-Nin

So when are we gonna get a Sarah a beginner's guide ?
As the easiest to learn of the all VF Characters I would've hoped to see more Sarah players and more traffic around here....
Well, is anybody up to the task ?
I shall try!

Lulu

Nan I've been neglecting my Sarah....

Why don't I just main her....
Edit: and Done ! :)

Well this sucks.... Sarah doesn't have any moves that turn the opponent around. Looks like the only way to bounce the opponent is to Free Step from a critical burst.

Last edited:

RenderingStar

Hey, Idk if you guys know but I also play Sarah here is some of my Sarah gameplay its a little old so i was able to level her up
If anyone has any questions about Sarah I would be glad to try and help

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD