DOA5LR "COME ON!!!" The Sexy Slide Shuffle Guide ;)

Lulu

Introduction.
I don't even know why I'm making a stance breakdown for Jacky..... theres nothing complicated about it compared someone like Sarah or Ayane.
But anyway.... here it it is in all its Slippery Glory !!! :jacky:

Oh before you continue you want to Get Started on The Guide on how to actually use Jacky....... you can also get his Advantaged and Disadvantage Frame Data.

Slide Shuffle Cancel (:4::4::P+K:)

1.:P::P::K::4: Double Punch Slash Kick
(Dis)Advantage On Block/On Hit: (-1/+40)
Recovery Difference: +9
Notes:
2.:P::P::6::P::P::K::4: Combo Smash Back Knuckle Spin
(Needs Further Testing)
3.:6::P::P::K::4: Middle Smash Back Knuckle Spin
(Needs Further Testing)
4.:3::P::P::4: Smash Straight Jab
(Dis)Advantage On Block/On Hit: (-9/+25)
Recovery Difference: -3
Notes:
5.:1::P::4: Slant Back Knuckle
(Dis)Advantage On Block/On Hit: (+0/-5)
Recovery Difference: +5
Notes:
6.:3::K::P::K::4: Spin Kick Combo
(Dis)Advantage On Block/On Hit: (-6/+37)
Recovery Difference: +3
Notes:
7.:P+K::K::4: Beat Spin Kick
(Dis)Advantage On Block/On Hit: (-3/+37)
Recovery Difference:+6
Notes:
8.:8::P+K::K::4: Switch Spin Kick
(Needs Further Testing)
9.:2::P+K::4: Chopping Blow
(Dis)Advantage On Block/On Hit: (+6/+29)
Recovery Difference:+5
Notes:
10.:H+K::4: Spinning Kick
(Dis)Advantage On Block/On Hit: (-2/+41)
Recovery Difference: +6
Notes:
11.BT :K::4: Turn Kick
(Dis)Advantage On Block/On Hit: (+1/Launch)
Recovery Difference: +7
Notes:
12.BT :4::P+K:
13.SLS :2::K::4: Step-in Low Crush
(Dis)Advantage On Block/On Hit: (-10/+25)
Notes:​

Side Slide Shuffle Cancel
Despite what it may seem like.... this move has no Side Stepping Properties.... which might explain why theres no raw way to perform it, it is safe in most of the strings its used in but I wouldn't recommend using it too much on block since he has a very predictable one two punch move out of it... its nice if you want use to move around your opponent every now and then.

1.:P::P::6::P::P::2:/:8::P+K: Combo Smash Back Knuckle
(Dis)Advantage On Block/On Hit: (-6/+14/+19)
Recovery Difference: +0
True (Dis)Advantage: (-25~-29/-10/-1)
2.:P::P::4::P::2:/:8::P+K: Combo Back Knuckle
(Dis)Advantage On Block/On Hit: (+0/+29)
Recovery Difference: +8
True (Dis)Advantage: (-22/+2/+2)
3.:6::P::P::2:/:8::P+K: Middle Smash Back Knuckle
(Dis)Advantage On Block/On Hit: (-6/+14)
Recovery Difference: +0
True (Dis)Advantage: (-25~-29/-10/-1)
4.:4::P::2:/:8::P+K: Back Knuckle
(Dis)Advantage On Block/On Hit: (-2/+28)
Recovery Difference: +1
True (Dis)Advantage:(-22/+2/+2)
5.:3::K::P::2:/:8::P+K: Middle Kick Jab
(Dis)Advantage On Block/On Hit: (-5/+29)
Recovery Difference: +3
True (Dis)Advantage: (-24/+2/+2)
6.:2::P+K::2:/:8::P+K: Chopping Blow
(Dis)Advantage On Block/On Hit: (+6/+29)
True (Dis)Advantage: (-14/+1/+1)
7.:1::P+K::P::2:/:8::P+K: Dragon Combo 2
(Dis)Advantage On Block/On Hit: (-4/+28)
Recovery Difference: +1
True (Dis)Advantage: (-24/+1/+1)​

A Few Things To Note.
As you can see, the command for Jacky's Slide Shuffle Cancel is :4: and not:4_:.... that means you can dial it in with the rest of the string. For example you can input :3::K::P::K::4: all at once and the slide shuffle will still come out.....

But just because you can, it doesn't mean you should.... don't get into the habbit of using completed strings when you don't need to.

The Follow Up Interval for most of the Slide Shuffle Cancels is different for some strings.... for instance, the follow up window for :4::4::P+K: is 5 Frames after its initiated but the Follow Up Window for :6::P::P::K::4: is 11 Frames after the Slide Cancel is Initiated, it seems like its only purpose is for Parrying Mid Punches.... because by the time 11 Frames has past you lose your advantage... I'm wondering if I should include the Follow Up Windows for each cancel....

Last edited:

Lulu

Slide Shuffle (:4::4::P+K:)
The Slide Shuffle By itself is pretty good, not as good as Sarah's but still... anyway, I believe it will Parry single handed mid punches with in 10 Frames after the slide is initiated but that happens so rarely, you really have to be psychic to parry with this move.... its much better for whiff punishing.... Jacky slides even further back then Sarah meaning he can use it more often. Theres just one catch, if you don't attack from the slide shuffle then Jacky will perform his "Come On !" Taunt

:P: Gwa Chuie
(Dis)Advantage On Block/On Hit: (+1/+31) Guard Break

:K: Step-In Back Kick
(Dis)Advantage On Block/On Hit: (-6/+3)

:2::K: Step-In Low Crush
(Dis)Advantage On Block/On Hit: (-15/+20)

:2::K::K: Low Slash High
(Dis)Advantage On Block/On Hit: (-29/Launch)

:P+K::P: Step-In Combo
(Dis)Advantage On Block/On Hit: (-8~-13/+23~Launch)

:H+K: Step-In Back Spin Kick
(Dis)Advantage On Block/On Hit: (-1/Launch)

Ducking (:3::3: During SLS)
I consider this to be Jacky's "sub-stance" from his Slide Shuffle..... its excellent for crushing high attacks since he crouch dashes when he doea it.

:P: Heavy Body
(Dis)Advantage On Block/On Hit: (-5/FCS)

:K::5::H+P: Toe Kick Summersault Kick
(Dis)Advantage On Block/On Hit: (-6/-2)

:H+K: Fire Darts
(Dis)Advantage On Block/On Hit: (-2/KD) Guard Break

Side Slide Shuffle
I've actually found this move to be extremely usefull.... the biggest draw back is theres know raw way to perform it,it can only be canceled into from attacks.

:P: Spear Elbow
(Dis)Advantage On Block/On Hit: (-7/+27)

:P::P: Elbow Back Knuckle
(Dis)Advantage On Block/On Hit: (-4/KB) 3.7M

Conclusion
I'm actually not a Jacky Player, so I'm open to any and all feed back and contributions that would improve this Guide..... special Shout Out to @KING JAIMY for helping me put this together and for being an all around nice guy...
And another Shout out to @Nereus for unknowingly helping put this bad boy together.
"YEAAAAAAAAA" :jacky:

Last edited:

KING JAIMY

Nice breakdown. I've got this covered in my huge guide as well. By the way, you have forgotten one slide shuffle transition. It's a hidden move. ;)

Nevermind, it's there. I overlooked it. xD

Lulu

Nice breakdown. I've got this covered in my huge guide as well. By the way, you have forgotten one slide shuffle transition. It's a hidden move. ;)

Nevermind, it's there. I overlooked it. xD

LoL... Damnit !!! So I did this all for nothing......

I suppose I was just bored and wanted something to do.

Lulu

LoL..... there we go... a placed a few links at the top to make sure I don't rain on anybody's Parade (anymore than I already have) ..... man I feel like such a douche right now.

Lulu

It's not all for nothing. I didn't include all frame data you have used in your guide. ;)

Hopefully as I expand on it it will get less redunfant and not more.

Jacky has also been helping me understand page 3 alot....... I still don't know how to read it properly but the pieces are atleast starting to add up.

KING JAIMY

Lulu, I have a question. So far I have found all frame data for all Jacky's Slide Shuffle moves, except for:

:P::P::6::P::P::K::4:
:6::P::P::K::4:
:8::P+K::4:

Frame data seems to be glitched for me. Disadvantage keeps on rolling to the point where I'm at -72 on block for example. How do we get to know the true frame data? :eek:

Lulu

Lulu, I have a question. So far I have found all frame data for all Jacky's Slide Shuffle moves, except for:

:P::P::6::P::P::K::4:
:6::P::P::K::4:
:8::P+K::4:

Frame data seems to be glitched for me. Disadvantage keeps on rolling to the point where I'm at -72 on block for example. How do we get to know the true frame data? :eek:

LoL.... he's not the only one, its the same story for Zack's One Two Jab and For Sarah's Step Cancel.

The Disadvantage advantage is suppose to stop as soon as it is possible for Jacky to register inputs again..... but it keeps going and you end up not knowing exactly where the actually disadvantage is.

Using Page 3 I was able to have some idea about when Jacky is able to attack out of his Slide Shuffle.....
According to the details it says he can't Attack within 5 Frames after initiating the Slide.... beyond that I don't know when the attack ends and when the slide Begins.... and how long the Block/Hit Stun the opponent is in.

I posted a question about how to use page 3 in the DoA5 LR System Board (in the Frame Data Thread)..... perhaps somebody can help us figure exact how big the Disadvantage Is.

Or I can just record it and see if I can throw punish it......

KING JAIMY

LoL.... he's not the only one, its the same story for Zack's One Two Jab and For Sarah's Step Cancel.

The Disadvantage advantage is suppose to stop as soon as it is possible for Jacky to register inputs again..... but it keeps going and you end up not knowing exactly where the actually disadvantage is.

Using Page 3 I was able to have some idea about when Jacky is able to attack out of his Slide Shuffle.....
According to the details it says he can't Attack within 5 Frames after initiating the Slide.... beyond that I don't know when the attack ends and when the slide Begins.... and how long the Block/Hit Stun the opponent is in.

I posted a question about how to use page 3 in the DoA5 LR System Board (in the Frame Data Thread)..... perhaps somebody can help us figure exact how big the Disadvantage Is.

Or I can just record it and see if I can throw punish it......
I don't think throw punishing the Shuffle is possible because Jacky moves backward so you would have to dash in first and then do a throw. That would take too much time so it won't work probably.

By the way, for the sake of completion, you might add in your initial post that :P::P::4::P::2:/:8::P+K: is also a Side Slide Shuffle transition.

Lulu

I don't think throw punishing the Shuffle is possible because Jacky moves backward so you would have to dash in first and then do a throw. That would take too much time so it won't work probably.

By the way, for the sake of completion, you might add in your initial post that :P::P::4::P::2:/:8::P+K: is also a Side Slide Shuffle transition.

LoL.... thanks.... I knew I missed something..... :oops:

KING JAIMY

LoL.... thanks.... I knew I missed something..... :oops:
Strangely enough, this move has different frame data than the equivalent :4::P::2:/:8::P+K:. For example, the longer version is neutral (+0) on block, whereas the short version is -2 on block.

Lulu

Strangely enough, this move has different frame data than the equivalent :4::P::2:/:8::P+K:. For example, the longer version is neutral (+0) on block, whereas the short version is -2 on block.

LoL..... Damnit.... why didn't you tell me this sooner.... LoL.

Does that mean the Recovery Difference is +3 ?

Lulu

What do you mean by recovery difference? How do you calculate it?

I have alot of trouble phrasing it in a way that people are able to understand it..... anyway..... basically what I do is this:
I perform :4::P: Then I get the advantage which would be -3 on block and +27 on hit.... I then do the same attack again and include the Shuffle aswell :4::P::2:/:8::P+K: and thats what gives me -2 on block and +28 on hit. Thats how I know it's the difference is +1 if you cancel into the stance..... but that advantage only applies if you decide to attack while you're in the Side Slide Shuffle.... if you let the shuffle complete then you lose that advantage..... it works differently from his :6::6::H+K::4:.

I'm sure you've noticed a similar thing with Momiji's :3::K::P::8: and her :4::4::P::8:...... whatever advantage you get from these moves only applies if you decide to attack during the Uzukaze Stance..... if you complete the hop without attacking then lose that advantage.

Thats essentially whats happening with Jacky's :6::P::P::K::4:..... the game is giving you the Precise Disadvantage for Completing the Shuffle without attacking..... it also Does this with most of Alpha's F.L.O.A.T. Cancels too.

Lulu

Oh Hey..... I can't believe it took me 2 months to bring this up....

Jacky's Slide Shuffle can only Parry mid punches when you use Raw from :4::4::P+K:.

LoL.... has it always been like this ? Is it the same way in Virtua Fighter ?

Lulu

So next I want to experiment with a concept I like to call Fake/True (Dis)Advantage....... if anybody has a better term for it then please.... rescue me ! Don't let Lulu drown in made up words.

Anyway This is for Temporary Stances that only last for a short duration before going back to nuetral such as Jacky's Side Slide Shuffle Stance...... so in these situations.... what the game does when you bring up the move details is show you how Much (Dis)Advantage you have only for the Moves Jacky can perform while he is in that stance...... if you enter the stance but do nothing then basically you can scare your opponent with "Fake (Dis)Advantage" ...... which means its my job to go back to every one of my guides and break downs and find the True (Dis) Advantage.

LoL I'm just way too lazy to up hold my responsibilities because I made so many of them and I've basicly been the only contributer in half of them....... I also want get started on something new I've been working on.

But anyway... back to Jacky....... you can see an example of what it is I'm trying to do in the First Side Slide Shuffle cancel when Jacky performs his :P::P::6::P::P::8:/:2::P+K: String.

What the True Disadvantage shows is Jacky's actual Disadvantage if he doesn't use his Side Slide Shuffle :P:.

Now.... I have to do that for every other string.... :confused:

Edit: There we go.... now all it needs is some colour..... plus I have expand on the original string's data.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD