Costumes

DyByHands

It is somewhat strange to not have any alts yet, but Im not too worried about it. Vanilla 5 had a decent amount of costumes. As did 5U and LR (on disk). And since costumes are one of the bigger complaints from... a certain crowd, Shimbori did say in an interview many would be in the game.
And I really do enjoy the extra color swaps for the mains at least. While some are kind of odd, most look pretty good. So I hope they keep that aspect going. Id be more willing to buy a costume later as dlc if it came with multiple color swaps.

zoo

Yeah the costumes have been my biggest worry with the game going a more serious route. I'm not one of those crying for fan service but the game gives off the feeling of cutting down on them in favor of color swaps. I know it's been said that we'll be getting plenty but it still concerns me for some reason idk, hoping the alt colors are an option on all costumes without taking up space on the list

also if we do get a lot like in 5 I hope they're more fun to unlock rather than just beating arcade over and over

delSai

We've seen Zacks alt costume, although not in game yet

Revealing costumes would be perfect for when theres nothing else to be shown. Post it on twitter and people have some to be excited and talk about. Like after Gamescom the next event is TGS, which i believe is a month after. During that time they might as well show one or two.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
It's still early and the game hasn't been revealed for that long. A lot seems to be unfinished/work in progress. I can imagine them working full throttle on the still unrevealed characters, their models, their default costume and fighting mechanics. Alternate costumes are probably not the priority right now.
Let's optimistically assume there are 30 charaters in the game and let's pessimistically assume they get just 3 costumes each, then that's already almost 100 costumes that they have to create.
Now that costumes will also be of higher asset quality and detail, they also take a bit more time to create. Even if they reuse old costume designs (which I have nothing against) and partly reuse old assets (which I have a lot against) that's a lot of work.

I think we should keep our expectations low in regards to the number of alternate/unlockable costumes. We are spoiled because of Ultimate and Last Round, vanilla DOA's never were that bountiful in regards to costumes.

Alternate costume reveals are imo also more interesting closer to release of the game. They will spice up the last couple of weeks waiting and late trailers, when we already know most characters. Spotting a new costume in there will be pretty cool.

Last edited:

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
then that's already almost 100 costumes that they have to create.

Let's also not forget the effort that has to go into costume creations (including in DOA5). From concept, to mesh work, to texturing, to any other shader specific files such as light mapping or additional shaders, and quality control along that entire process. It can be a lot of work, and KT isn't known for it's big spending.

Kasumi-Phase-X

The only thing I look forward to the most from DOA6 and what kind of costumes we get, is the creation of the Survey Feedback system where fellow members can express whatever type of costumes they want which we could get something what DOA5 previous had in terms of fanservice plus more classic costumes. The only thing I hope is there is no limit on what type of costume they can express, since it would be against "we have to see what gamers really want, what their response is."

Fightaro

aaaaaaaaa.jpg bbbbbbbb.jpg ccccccccc.jpg dddddddd.jpg eeeeeeee.jpg hhhhhhh.jpg fffffffff.jpg iiiiiiiii.jpg
The only thing I look forward to the most from DOA6 and what kind of costumes we get, is the creation of the Survey Feedback system where fellow members can express whatever type of costumes they want which we could get something what DOA5 previous had in terms of fanservice plus more classic costumes. The only thing I hope is there is no limit on what type of costume they can express, since it would be against "we have to see what gamers really want, what their response is."

I just hope that it doesn't end up revolving all around bikinis and '' fetischy '' halloween cosplay.
This is what I hope to see and the types of costume that is pretty much a must have for me ( the Senran Kagura cosplay crossover was really good for Momiji! It really suited her. ).
These types of costumes are so much more important and vital to me than any amount of bikinis or halloween cosplay, lol.

HHH816

expect more color pallet of the same costume

one dlc costume = 5 color pallet

5 x $1.99 = $10 for one costume

RIP WALLET

YEH

TN are genuine game developers, I'm sure it'll turn out to be 10+ costumes in the first season.

Kasumi-Phase-X

I just hope that it doesn't end up revolving all around bikinis and '' fetischy '' halloween cosplay.
This is what I hope to see and the types of costume that is pretty much a must have for me ( the Senran Kagura cosplay crossover was really good for Momiji! It really suited her. ).
These types of costumes are so much more important and vital to me than any amount of bikinis or halloween cosplay, lol.

If it revolves around bikinis and fetish halloween cosplays, that is going to be due to the feedback they collected. For your costume choices they would still have a chance of them being part of DLC, since when DLC comes to play Shimbori is going asking everyone's opinion for what they want for DOA6.

https://www.gameinformer.com/e3-201...-on-de-emphasizing-the-sexiness-of-the-series

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD