Current DoA5+ Exclusives

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
This thread is for DoA5+ only content. There may be an update to the consoles down the line (fingers crossed!) but for now this is where we get excited and sometimes confused by the exclusive content.

We'll start with a "Really? The fuck?!" feature:

In Game Options, there is a 'Breast Motion' option. In here, you can turn breast motion off completely, set it to 'Natural' or "DoA.' If this is in the console version too, someone correct me, but I don't recall it and it kinda blew my mind when I saw it.

Continuing on:
-Training costumes for certain characters (unlock method is the same as other normal costume unlocks)
-Tutorial mode: Consists of a massive amount of tutorials for everything from simply punching to free canceling, frame advantage and recovery. This mode is huge and comprehensive and may be the single most useful tutorial yet devised for any fighting game. It even teaches slow escaping and proper punishment
-Combo Challenge: Consists of 15 combos for all characters in the game, all of which are practical combos and some may even challenge series vets (read: very few, but they're there)
-New Titles, including the fan-submitted ones
-A movie viewer so that you can go back and re-watch cutscenes...but let's be real, you're only doing it to screenshot the scene where ________ and use it as your lock screen picture (which totally does work)
-Ad Hoc in the online play menu, which is where you can get your local wireless multiplayer matches in
-Extra move details but these have been covered elsewhere pretty well
-All characters unlocked by default so no more character unlocking required
-A music customization menu where you can manually set character themes and the online menu music to whatever you want, though you do need to change it from "Stage" to "Character" for this to take effect, even for the Online music selection
-Cross compatibility for save file with PS3 version, however this is likely coming in an update as there is nothing indicating it is currently possible in the menus or the manual itself
-Some new trophies centered around the new features
-Touch battle
-Some currently exclusive cheerleader costumes for some of the girls by way of preorder bonus (these will be live after the PS Store update on 3/19 so be patient)
-New character theme songs for Rig and Mila

That's all I can recall right now and it is by no means comprehensive. Any additions that I missed? Post up and I'll edit accordingly.

DR2K

Story mode does not function as a tutorial, just story.

Online dojo is a selectable mode.

Friend invite into 1v1 room is a separate mode.

Fuck Akira and his bs move set.

Nightpup

The Tutorial mode, costumes, and music changer and the only things that need to come into the console versions. Having that sort of useful exclusivity is terrible, especially considering that tutorial seems like the most useful thing in DOA5+. I'd love to give it a try.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
aaand xbox users get nothing.

except for delayed updates and a crappy d-pad.
Yet. Relax. This board is for the Vita version of the game, not dejected Xbox users. I play the Xbox version myself as my main platform. Some or all of these features may show up on the Xbox down the line so try to keep the hurt on the inside, alright?

Seppu

Yet. Relax. This board is for the Vita version of the game, not dejected Xbox users. I play the Xbox version myself as my main platform. Some or all of these features may show up on the Xbox down the line so try to keep the hurt on the inside, alright?
jeez, there was no need for that.

and it's supposed to be doa5+ isn't it? what makes it "plus" if the consoles will be getting these features too? *sigh* i really want those additional move details.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
No need for what? Read that out loud to yourself without the angry keyboard commando voice you likely assigned me in your head. I'm just blunt. Wasn't attacking you at all and I as mostly just joking around. You'll get used to me.

Hopefully.

The "Plus" part is really just Team NINJA's branding on the Vita games. It started with the first Sigma, continued to the second, and now this. I personally don't think it should be used since some content inevitably must be excised for the portable platform, but that's just the way they're going with it. Generally, more is added in than taken out though, as is the case here.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
There only exclusive thing about this that is important is the frame data which needs to be mined from top to bottom.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
There only exclusive thing about this that is important is the frame data which needs to be mined from top to bottom.
That's gonna happen shortly. Figuring out what is worth pulling out of it is proving tricky but I think Mr. Wah has it set now.

EDIT: Updated the original post thanks to a reminder from Seppu about the new character themes. They are in fact present.

VirtuaKazama

Standard Donor
News Team
Too bad Team Ninja couldn't get Akira, Sarah, and Pai's themes from VF...

As for the costumes, I'm not putting myself through torture again to unlock the 3 rare costumes again. After the hell I've taken through in Time Attack and Arcade on Legendary...

DR2K

Too bad Team Ninja couldn't get Akira, Sarah, and Pai's themes from VF...

As for the costumes, I'm not putting myself through torture again to unlock the 3 rare costumes again. After the hell I've taken through in Time Attack and Arcade on Legendary...

Then transfer your PS3 save. Or you can unlock them by just playing ranked mode.

Brute

Standard Donor
TN and it's annoying fetish with exclusives...
picard-facepalm-o-1.gif

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
I believe they're new. I've never heard them in the original release, anyway.

Nightpup

I know it can be hard to record stuff on certain systems, but if you could get the themes on YT I'd love to hear them.
I was going to ask for that as well. I'm sure others will get the themes on YouTube eventually.
If TN were smart, they'd bring the music-changing to the consoles, and charge money on music-pack DLC from older games. Such as a DOA1 music DLC, DOA2 music DLC, etc.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
I know it can be hard to record stuff on certain systems, but if you could get the themes on YT I'd love to hear them.
I mean I could try recording it with my phone but...it'd be a pain, not to mention not very good quality for audio.

Brute

Standard Donor
I mean I could try recording it with my phone but...it'd be a pain, not to mention not very good quality for audio.
That's unfortunate.

It's too bad they don't have the "upload battle" feature the PS3 does because then you could just mute the voices/sfx and record a match.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD