Dance Party! DOA Zack General Discussion

MasterHavik

I thought it would be best, if we start making our set of forums for Zack like everyone. This will be general discussion about the character Zack and only Zack. I'll be making a match up thread, video thread, and etc. I'll update this post with some cb combos I found along with some mix ups I found. Also anyone want me to make a thread for Zack's frame data?

Edit: Can a mod please 5 to the title.

JaySonic

Migration! Maybe not a full thread but maybe a post for his more important normals. 6P and 6K being so damn fast and leading to starting offense, and 4K being a great opener from a long distance. 2P can be ducked from now so that's really important. Ones like that need attention.

MasterHavik

Oh yeah. i'm loving 2p into duck a lot. I'm making mix up off it. also if you land a 2K+H you'll cb in four.

JaySonic

I think Celestial is talking about his 6K being guaranteed after his 6T. 6T leaves him at +13, 6K starts up in 12. So if you do it right you can do 6T into 6KK and it's free damage, just like Jann Lee and his 66K being guaranteed after his Dragon Gunner.

JaySonic

Ah okay. Well dat blows. Well using that new info i've figured that only PP, and 6P are guaranteed after 6T. 6K is gauranteed after his duck push throw though! Actually i'mma go see what IS guaranteed after his push throw. That'll be some good info to have on here.

JaySonic

Okay so setting the com reaction to guard all and testing, then setting the com reaction to hold and testing, i figured out that after his Duck/Sway push throw these all hit guaranteed unless i did it really, really, wrong: 2P, 6P, 7P, 66P, 5K, 6KK, 9K.

So these can't be countered or guarded from that throw. Personally i like 2P, 7P, and 9K for mixup potential seeing as all those lead to multiple options.

Celestial

I haven't played DOA4 since 2007-08, so I completely forgot - but I thought Zack could do multiple knees after 6T like a combo throw type move. Like.. knee, knee, knee, without ever letting go of their head, then after the third knee Zack let's go and they stagger backwards or something. I could have sworn I saw someone do this in DOA 5.

And I am aware of 66T and that's not what I mean/saw.

JaySonic

Ah okay the Duk/Sway throw. Yeah you can do that still. I think it'd be best to just go for one knee though and then push them for the frame advantage.

JaySonic

It is? Since when? If i remember right the only H+K move he has that crushes is just neutral H+K. 2H+K isn't a crush at all i don't think.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD